Dino's Cat is out!! - Page 15
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Dino's Cat is out!!

Those burners look good !
    But could you ask your friend if he could make them a little bit longer ? Take a look at this video, you can see very well the length of the real Tomcat afterburners:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAUwUtJVnOI

Compared to this video, even the CORAL F-15 burners are still too short:

yago9
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesChams View Post
    Mr. Lucian "Yago9" and Mr. Tom Stovall,

BTW: the "Secret" payware you guys are talking about (a.k.a IRIS Pro Series F-14A/B Tomcat) is pretty good, too. Stephen and I talked a lot about what "customers" wanted/FSX could do (during its early DEV) before he went out made it a reality and he did far better that I expected. But why is it a "Secret" to you guy?

ok..so now that you know what effect I use here,s what you have to do..

1.You need to have the payware model effects installed
    2.Get the gauge folder named "KO_F16_FX" from Kirk Ollson F16, like Stovall recomended,and put it in the gauge folder.
    3.Add this line to each panel.cfg for the effect to work via throttle ( I have no idea why we have three panel folders )

[Vcockpit07]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=32,32
    visible=0
    pixel_size=32,32
    texture=$exhaust
    gauge00=KO_F16_FX!F16_AB_THROGGLE, 0,0,1,1

4.my aircraft.cfg for lights looks like this:

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    //Lights encoded into MDL file
    light.1 = 10, -13.50, 0.00, 4.00, fx_F14_vclight,
    light.2 = 10, -19.00, 0.00, 4.00, fx_F14_vclight,
    light.3= 9, -48.5, -4.50, -0.30, fx_iris_f14a_aniburner
    light.4= 9, -48.5, 4.98, -0.20, fx_iris_f14a_aniburner
    light.5 = 5, -14.0, 0.0, -1.30, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow

5.Stovall recomends to remove the original F-14 effects except this file
    fx_navorange_t45.fx wich is probably shared with the T-45 Goshawk.

Attachment 4451 Attachment 4452

That was discussed and may be an added option to the pack. The issue he is mulling over is to make it a night time or day time type effect. That video is in twilight conditions which the burner plume are going to be fully visible whereas in the day time you see less of the flame and it often appears shorter. Regarding the color, once again some video and still photos show different colors under different light conditions. Most sunlight conditions show the F110 engine AB plume as reddish orange and some low light to night conditions show up more of a grayish blue(like whitehot) . So I am not sure what he is going to include. He has 4 different color options so far but in the end may use only one which is nominally the all around better one.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Question: I know we are technically still in beta mode, i.e. and a manual has yet to be done, but does anyone know if the HSI in the MFD has a heading bug you can move, e.g. to set and change the heading also on the AP? I can get the HSI up on the MFD but can't see what control or click spot moves the heading bug - if there is one. The analogue HSI from the default Beechcraft does not seem to have a working clickspot for its heading bug. Lastly, anyone manage to do a manual engine start or is everyone using Ctrl + E?

This bird sure is addictive. Really enjoying the FM.

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Those burners look good !
    But could you ask your friend if he could make them a little bit longer ? Take a look at this video, you can see very well the length of the real Tomcat afterburners:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAUwUtJVnOI

Compared to this video, even the CORAL F-15 burners are still too short:
    What I find interesting in that video, is that during all that time he's at full throttle, the wings don't sweap back. My version doesn't act like that i'm sure.
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Because when using afterburner your speed increases very fast, and pretty soon you reach the speed at which the wings start to sweap.
    Now, try pulling some turns like the guys on the video, your speed will not increase that fast anymore

Also, I don't know if it was corrected in the latest releases (I still have the 0.91, didn't have the time to download the 0.95 yet), but the Tomcat is severely over-powered !
    I could take off from the carrier without catapult, with full fuel load...

the Tomcat is severely over-powered !
    Suspect this may be so. Have to ask a former Tomcat driver (doesn't post here but may have been beta testing this for Dino) his view. On my system the power comes full on very early on in the throttle range compared with most other modern fighters.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

[QUOTE=yago9;205085]ok..so now that you know what effect I use here,s what you have to do..

1.You need to have the payware model effects installed
    2.Get the gauge folder named "KO_F16_FX" from Kirk Ollson F16, like Stovall recomended,and put it in the gauge folder.
    3.Add this line to each panel.cfg for the effect to work via throttle ( I have no idea why we have three panel folders )

[Vcockpit07]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=32,32
    visible=0
    pixel_size=32,32
    texture=$exhaust
    gauge00=KO_F16_FX!F16_AB_THROGGLE, 0,0,1,1

4.my aircraft.cfg for lights looks like this:

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    //Lights encoded into MDL file
    light.1 = 10, -13.50, 0.00, 4.00, fx_F14_vclight,
    light.2 = 10, -19.00, 0.00, 4.00, fx_F14_vclight,
    light.3= 9, -48.5, -4.50, -0.30, fx_iris_f14a_aniburner
    light.4= 9, -48.5, 4.98, -0.20, fx_iris_f14a_aniburner
    light.5 = 5, -14.0, 0.0, -1.30, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow

5.Stovall recomends to remove the original F-14 effects except this file
    fx_navorange_t45.fx wich is probably shared with the T-45 Goshawk.

[QUOTE]

I didn't know if it was copyright to tell people to do this or not obviously not lol, so I just didn't say how to do it at first!
    This adds the payware Iris pro F14B HUD to your tomcat
    follow yago's instructions above for the Iris burners too!

Add this to [Vcockpit01] section in your panel .cfg
    gauge00=F-14_Systems!HUD-V14, 36,36,440,440,
    and add the F-14_systems.CAB to your panel folder
    thats it!
    It really is much better!

Shift+E 1-2-3 Problems

Just beautifull, a wonder to fly...got.095 now, had all the others before.
    Got this small problem...
    Only item ok with shift+e 1 2 or 3 is cockpit an ladders oppening...previous versions completely erratic...something I should configure? tried other planes, and they seem to be ok.
    BTW, is it ok to use the new textures with this version?
    Any ideas? Thanks
    Best regards

Time for the "thank you´s" again.

First of my list to thank is EgoR64 for his mission with the carrier and the f-14. It is so much fun to just sit and watch the tomcats take off and land again. Thank you very much.

Next thank you goes to Yago9 for posting detailed information of how to edit the afterburner. Thank you very much

And the last one goes to Peter12213 for the information about the hud exchange. It do looks good. Thank you very much.

I am very happy to see that kind of information sharing, my opinion is that this is one of the main purposes of a board like this.

@Beaufighter the textures work in .95

Military Air Simulation
    Fighter Squadron 142

JamesChams

Quote Originally Posted by yago9 View Post
    ok..so now that you know what effect I use here,s what you have to do....
    Gracie Lucian "Yago9"! :ernae:
    Ciao!

Just a gentle bump of my earlier question:

does anyone know if the HSI in the MFD has a heading bug you can move, e.g. to set and change the heading also on the AP? I can get the HSI up on the MFD but can't see what control or click spot moves the heading bug - if there is one. The analogue HSI from the default Beechcraft does not seem to have a working clickspot for its heading bug.

heading and course knobs are semi-covered by stick, lower front panel

Ah! Thanks very much!

Glad to help. Dino moved them up during beta, may need to move them up some more if possible.

RD
    Hi guys,

I just got Dino's new F14D, and have tested it with my new Afterburners. There seems to be a few problems with it.

I'll work on it this weekend to clean it up, and make it throttle controlled. It will be released as a new package.

RD

dennison
    Hi,

Having trouble finding the "KO_F16_FX" gauge to use the iris AB effect.
    It's not part of the F16 USVIPER package ???

Could someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

Beaufighter---
    I've not had any problems using the shift+e or the 2,3,4, keyboard commands on any of the releases (total of 7 for me). You write a different number sequence. Perhaps that is the problem?

expat---
    If you are doing ILS, you use the left MFD to select ILS. Yes the Heading/CRS panel has been moved up. See drawing and labeling photos.

"Lastly, anyone manage to do a manual engine start or is everyone using Ctrl + E?"
    Yes, but after I shut down the engines and all avionics.

RD---
    Very interesting, hope it works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

I'm trying to make a new HUD based of this picture http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-cp-d-hud.gif can anyone tell me how to get the numbers going up and down for the altitude and speed?

Military Air Simulation
    Fighter Squadron 142

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Dino, I finally got to fly your new cat and I think it is a masterpiece. Beautiful on the outside and inside; one really feels like sitting in the cockpit of a military aircraft. Thanks so much for all your hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by swimeye View Post
    Time for the "thank you´s" again.

First of my list to thank is EgoR64 for his mission with the carrier and the f-14. It is so much fun to just sit and watch the tomcats take off and land again. Thank you very much.

Next thank you goes to Yago9 for posting detailed information of how to edit the afterburner. Thank you very much

And the last one goes to Peter12213 for the information about the hud exchange. It do looks good. Thank you very much.

I am very happy to see that kind of information sharing, my opinion is that this is one of the main purposes of a board like this.
    Glad that I could help mate!

Quote Originally Posted by dennison View Post
    Hi,

Having trouble finding the "KO_F16_FX" gauge to use the iris AB effect.
    It's not part of the F16 USVIPER package ???

Could someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks
    It's at Flightsim.com

ab_f16_.zip
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

[QUOTE=wilycoyote4;205366]Beaufighter---
    I've not had any problems using the shift+e or the 2,3,4, keyboard commands on any of the releases (total of 7 for me). You write a different number sequence. Perhaps that is the problem?

Hi WilyCoyote

No...there's something wrong here. Sometimes they work perfectly, most of the time erraticly. Have no idea why, never happened before, and only with this model. Some peculiarity with my pc, perhaps. Refuelling probe works from the cockpit...
    Wonder if it depends on speed and angle of view.
    Thanks, best regards

Oh man that's beautiful, if I ever get a new copy of FSX (some boy-scout jacked it I think) I will surely be glued to this cat! Heck, I'm downloading it now, in advance!!

Members who have read this thread: 3