Milton's Dash-7 status
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milton's Dash-7 status

Milton's Dash-7 status

Milton, can you or a member of the team, or anyone here, advise me as to the current status of this model, with regards to FSX Accel, SP1 and 2 ? I had it ( and loved it ) for FS9, and last time I looked, some updating was being done. However, I have completely lost track of its progress or useability in FSX.

Any information would be gratefully received.

:ernae:

Hi Paul,

The de Havilland Dash 7 is awaiting textures and a few cleanup items for FS9. There is no FSX native version but I will make the gmax source available for anyone who wishes to convert it. Sorry that I do not have the resources to run or build for FSX.

Thank you for your interest.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

ooooh Milton, thats a stunner can't wait... gonna have to go grab the older one and paintkit and set to work... after i finish current task anyways...

That will work just fine in FSX,w/sp1 that is
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

yeah that really looks good Milton! That cabin looks great

Milton, thanks very much for your reply. I am pretty much hooked on FSX now, and FS9 rarely gets an outing, so its an aircraft I sorely miss, along with many others by yourself and other developers.

While I have your ear, I thought I would post these...another aircraft you are very familiar with. They were taken at last year's Flying Legends airshow at Duxford, just down the road from here, and as far as I know, she is the only one in the UK.

Anyway, all the best to you Milton, and thanks for the terrific models. :ernae:

Paul,
    I take it you're aware that the Spartan has been converted to FsX by M. Allen Richards

http://fsnorthwest.net/index.php?ind...on_view&idev=3

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Whoa Paul ... nice bump mapping on that Spartan Executive :d

Thanks for sharing ... great pictures.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Paul,
    I take it you're aware that the Spartan has been converted to FsX by M. Allen Richards
    Oh blimey, no I didn't know that, Roger. I'll be interested to see how successful the transfer has been. Thanks very much, you've given me a good excuse not to do other things this weekend !

:ernae:

You have to join to download and you'll see there's Milton's Howard too. Some of my favorite repaints are uploaded here under my name as one of the texture files in each repaint needed a little surgery.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Roger, I've registered and downloaded, installed and flown it. It was like meeeting up with an old friend, and I'm amazed that the existence of an FSX SP2 adaptation had slipped under my radar.

I've tried downloading your textures from here, but on clicking the 'download now' link I keep getting a 404 error message. Any idea why that might be happening ?

Regards

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    I've tried downloading your textures from here, but on clicking the 'download now' link I keep getting a 404 error message. Any idea why that might be happening ?

Regards

Paul
    You're right Paul,
    I'd guess that it needs resetting by admin. I'd pm maybe Henry, Panther or Willy.
    SYSTEM :

Thanks Roger, I'd very much appreciate that. Its great to have the Spartan back!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Paul,

http://fsnorthwest.net/index.php?ind...on_view&idev=3
    Is it available anywhere else? I'm not "authorized" to download from there...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Now that is most certainly more welcome than a new tie for Father’s Day! , it was my favourite aircraft for FS9 and will be a most pleasant way to cruise the Tongass Fiords , Many thanks for this to both Uncle Milton and Allen Richards .<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    I will need to inform the Review Team at Avsim that it's available,the Spartan Executive gets my vote as the pinnacle of Milton’s outstanding career .<o></o>
    C.Jodry, Managing Editor Avsim.com<o></o>

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Is it available anywhere else? I'm not "authorized" to download from there...
    I don't think it is Bill but joining the site is simple enough.
    SYSTEM :

Still one of the nicest vcs in the business

SYSTEM :

Thanks everyone. That VC cockpit and cabin area is the artwork of a great texture artist, Urs Burkhardt. His textures are so very realistic looking. He really made the Spartan Executive ... executive-like for the era. Scott's panel and gauges really compliment the appointment.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, as one of the admins here, is it possible for you to rectify the problem I'm having downloading Roger's texture updates for the FSX Spartan ?

The file name is:

spartanfs9_to_fsx_texture_update.zip

I keep getting that 404 error message when I click the download now link. I have a feeling quite a few people will be after that file now the existense of the SP2 model is more widely known.

Thanks for your help.

yago9
    Great models..Here,s one that I made for Fs9 and lost in my old computer crash.If a FX version is available i may have to redo it .

Just for your information, i have sent a PM to Henry about the file error.

Quote Originally Posted by swimeye View Post
    Just for your information, i have sent a PM to Henry about the file error.

Thanks very much, Swimeye ! :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by yago9 View Post
    Great models..Here,s one that I made for Fs9 and lost in my old computer crash.If a FX version is available i may have to redo it .

Yago, if it comes about, and you do another BAS paint, I'll send you all the photos I have of her. I daresay you can never have too much reference material when repainting. She saw out the Antarctic winter at Duxford a couple of years ago...same airfield as the pictures of the Spartan earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by yago9 View Post

That looks like the version I still have for the original FS2002 release ... did you do that awesome texture?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

yago9
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    That looks like the version I still have for the original FS2002 release ... did you do that awesome texture?
    Realy ? You did a photo texture for this one also ? Great,post a shot so I can see the uncanny resemblance..No need to redone mine then..Cheers!

pS.
    wait, are you talking about the model only, the texture or both ?