Milton's Dash-7 status - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Milton's Dash-7 status

Berlopez
    Thanks Milton! Just did that. Noticed though, I didn't have any .cab files in my panel folder????...So I just downloaded them from the links above and pasted in the .cab files. I didn't unzip them. Still I got the messages,when I loaded up the Dash for:aoaind and Lear-45.Radio.( Comes up twice) Again I did a visual search through the panel.cfg and the .cab files, and FSX gauges folder.Didn't find anything. Didb a search in th enet regarding this and someone wrote that the gauge was located:[window01] gauge 31 and again [default view] gauge00; But I suspect this later one is for Fs9 as I do not have a default view section in my panel.cfg

Berlopez, I had that problem only on the initial installation of the Dash7, once I moved the two cab files to my panel folder and moved Milton's cfg file into the panel folder to overwrite the original all was well. It actually gives you a very nice set of radios now and the 98' gauges are gone.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Be sure to remove those old cab files from where ever you had them.

I moved teh Dash 7 into my FSX SP2 ACCEL setup just 2 weeks ago. The only issue I had was the prop texture. But, I always put all gauges in my panel folders.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Sorry, I have to get back to the spinprop issue again:

A FSX user of my yellow repaint just wrote to me
    ...However the props when running appear to be see through. I installed the spin_prop-t file in the DC7 but they still look alike.
    Milton, you posted in the FS2004 thread:

I'll try to attach the spinprop.bmp here for you to copy to each of your texture folders. (Basically, all I did to the alpha was reduce it to 15,15.15)

That's it.

<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>

</FIELDSET>
    Now I'm a little confused: :isadizzy:
    Did I get it right to change the alpha channel of the spinprop.bmp (not spinprop_t.bmp) to a RGB value of 15/15/15?
    That's quite dark/lucent...

What did you successful FSX/SP2 users do to get the props whirling?
    (Too bad I can't test it here on my own...).

Or am I currently a little mind-blocked :redf: ?

Thanks in advance,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    . . . .Did I get it right to change the alpha channel of the spinprop.bmp (not spinprop_t.bmp) to a RGB value of 15/15/15?
    What did you successful FSX/SP2 users do to get the props whirling?
    (Too bad I can't test it here on my own...)
    Thanks in advance,
    Markus.
    Yep, The original alpha was almost pure white, I just changed it to 15,15,15 and the solid prop went away, Looks great now and I'm running Accel/SP2
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Berlopez
    Falcon409: Just did that and moved Miltons' panel.cfg into my Dash. Got the gauges again, I had managed to get rid of most of them,as I say above,to Milton. Luckily I saved that panel.cfg and put it back. It still has the aoaind and the Lear-45.Radio showing. I've searched everywhere for these two, panel.cfg,air.cfg FSX gauges folder, computer,.cab files and .gau files. All I know is when I use the overhead panel icon the aoaind shows again. The panel.cfg section of the overhead doesn't mention this gauge

Berlopez
    I can't help but thinking maybe one of the old .cab or .gau files is still residing in my FSX gauges folder? I have in there too.

...While trying to figure this out I decided to play around with the Dash. I added the [camera definitions] of the default 737-800,under general, to make it more true FSX. It puts the cherry on the icing

You can remove from your general FSX/Gauges folder any .cab or file named:

ST_Dash
    ST_Dash7
    Annun
    PST_hghb.altalert*****
    ST_*******
    D7_******
    Dash******

This may help. Sorry that I can't be of more help without seeing the problem.
    Screenshots would help.

Is this the only Dash 7 version you have installed in FSX?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Berlopez
    Only found ST Dash.cab, removed it, went on to load the Dash again...But still the aoaind and Lear-45.Radio came up :isadizzy:

I have a Panel.cfg Build 14852

You should be using the panel.cfg I posted above. That's the one I am using here in FSX, the same I use in FS9.

From this point, simce I cannot experience the problem, you can isolate the problem by eliminating whole sections or groups of code in the panel.cfg.

Keep a copy of the panel.cfg aside.

Then remove window00, then window01, window02, vcockpit00, etc. one at a time until the problem goes away.

Now start with a fresh copy of the panel.cfg with all sections in place.

Once you determine what section it is in, then, eliminate half the gauges in that section and test. Keep eliminating half of the gauges until the problem goes away.

Now refresh that section and isolate the gauge.

Once you find that gauge, post the line out of the panel.cfg here.

Since we are both running FSX/SP2/ACCEL and you say you are running what I posted above ... I do not understand why we have different results.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Berlopez
    Nor do I Milton, and again thanks for your help with this little annoying issue...Otherwise the dash flies wonderful.

I started my old compt. and checked my old Fs9 version of the Dash, I have in there only 2D panel.You say:You should be using the panel.cfg I posted above. That's the one I am using here in FSX, the same I use in FS9...(?)

I copied this panel.cfg to my FSX-SP2 ( I'm not running accel.) The gauges and others showed up again...So I resorted for my old .cfg which only has two offending gauges: aoaind and Lear-45.Radio. Searched again for them, came out empty.

Berlopez
    Another thing I have notived strange of my Dash 7 installation is despite the fact that I accept the gauges in one plane ( I have three reapaints/textures) I have to load the gauges again when I change.This being a panel gauges issue...I don't see the connection, why the gauges show up again while loading another texture?

I have recently updated my Vista to SP2...I doubt this may have anything to do with it???

Please keep in mind that this aircraft is not built for FSX and was released for only FS9.

I am willing to help you but you must be willing to assist.

Earlier I asked you to do this:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    From this point, simce I cannot experience the problem, you can isolate the problem by eliminating whole sections or groups of code in the panel.cfg.

Keep a copy of the panel.cfg aside.

Then remove window00, then window01, window02, vcockpit00, etc. one at a time until the problem goes away.

Now start with a fresh copy of the panel.cfg with all sections in place.

Once you determine what section it is in, then, eliminate half the gauges in that section and test. Keep eliminating half of the gauges until the problem goes away.

Now refresh that section and isolate the gauge.

Once you find that gauge, post the line out of the panel.cfg here.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in the process of trying to release another project but I am willing to help but you need to do the things I ask.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Berlopez
    Thanks Milton, Sorry to bother you with this,I'll get on with it this week ( Holiday here in DK). And will repport....

Thanks

Not a problem berlopez. I have zipped my Dash 7 from the FSX folder that works for me without issues, and uploaded the zip to my web site. I will give you the download link by PM.

EDIT: Well, I see that you do not accept PM's or Email so please PM or Email me for the link.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Berlopez
    Thanks MiltonHave just changed my PM settings ( hope I did it right) so...Looking very much forwards to the link.

Members who have read this thread: 1