Fs9 Alphasim MB5 repaints

Thread: Fs9 Alphasim MB5 repaints

Fs9 Alphasim MB5 repaints

Copied accross from FSX section these files were uploaded by Nick into FS 2004 downloads, they are for 2004 , the fix I did for FSX black prop I think makes the prop and canopy a little too transparent

The aforementioned repaints for Alphasims MB5 have now been uploaded to SOH and Flightsim.com. These repaints are for FS9. For them to work in FSX you will need to make the changes mentioned by Rich. If someone wants to amend these files for FSX and then upload them, please do. I don't have FSX so I won't be doing it myself.

Do you think it would be OK to mod them for the CFS2 version and upload?

Thanks

G

I would check with Alphasim for something like that they have the copyright but looking at the readme included with the model it should be Ok.

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
    These files are freeware. Please amend/distribute as you see fit.
    They are unsupported, so please do not e-mail us if you have problems.
    Under no circumstances may these files be sold or uploaded to a payware site or any kind of illegal warez site.

All rights reserved - AlphaSim 2008
    WWW.ALPHASIM.CO.UK

Quote Originally Posted by gedm View Post
    Do you think it would be OK to mod them for the CFS2 version and upload?

Thanks

G

I think he meant the textures? I'd check with Nick, you'll find his post in the FSX thread and can PM him, can't remember his user name, sorry.

Please feel free to mod them and upload for CFS2. The more people that can use them, the better.

:ernae:

Thanks Rich, JD and especially NickB! I'll get them up today. :ernae:

gedm

gedm, it may be the textures I did for FSX may already work in CFS 2, I do'nt have CFS2 on so can't check

Rich, they do for the most part match up with cfs2 with the exception of the prop disk, it appears black once the engine starts. It should be corrected with a simple alpha mask on that part of the bmp. and the prop should appear transparent once started.
    I originally used the texture bmp from Shessi's MB5 2004 conversion to cfs2 for Nicks textures but then noticed that the paint didnt match so I'm back to square one and I'm going to have to get a serious paint program to make the adjustment.

As my Pop used to say..Looks like another case of letting my alligator mouth over load my humming bird A** H***. :isadizzy:

Thanks again

gedm

I downloaded the two packs of MB5 skins, got them installed, and really like the variety. Lots of variety. And some very nice "what if" paints...what if the RAF had used the MB5 toward the end of the war...I like "what if" paints.

Thanks Nick for the great skin packs.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An interesting bit about the M.B.5 -- When the plane first flew it was technologically ahead of its time and would have been a real handful for the Focke Wulf 190D-9 and D-11 in a dogfight. It was a very fast airplane and could turn on a dime.
    With the four 20MM cannon configuration, the M.B.5 would have been a real terror for German Bomber pilots, as well as an excellent ground attack aircraft.
    Its incredible performance and structural design was matched only by the ease of which the plane could be flown and maintained.
    And because the M.B.5 was designed and developed independant of input and influence from the RAF and Royalty, this was one of the contributing factors responsible for the fact that the plane was not accepted.
    Most will tell you that the M.B.5 was not chosen because by the time the plane flew, WWII was nearing an end, the P-51 and P-47, later Spitfires and the Sea Fury had already established a reputation as the premier wartime aircraft, and the jet age was looming.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

gedm, Nicks packs do not have the Alpha channel, I put one on with his permission, try this download and change the zip extension to bmp so you have MB5BANDP.bmp copy the alpha channel from that to all military versions, the colour variation for some parts is on this bmp but the prop and canopy bits are the same for all so you can use the same alpha channel for all military varients, the racers have a extra alpha on a different bmp for the canopy.

Found Shessi's paints but can't download they are for the default Alphasim paints.

I only use Ms Paint and DXTBMP

JDTinballs, something you might want to try is download the file posted for gedm open the bmp with DXTbmp then open the alpha channel, the 2 black squares are the prop and canopy if you apply your reflective bit which I think may be a grey colour to the rest of by flooding the white part with that colour leaving the black bits untouched save it then do alpha channel refresh then save as 32 bit it should work I think as the black prop and canopy bits are still as they should be, if ok apply that alpha to all your other military paints for the MB5

I haven't been able to download the MB5 from the freeware section at Alphasim. I tried at different hours of the day and night but it just times out when you click the link. Anyone else have this problem? Does someone have a working link?

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
    I haven't been able to download the MB5 from the freeware section at Alphasim. I tried at different hours of the day and night but it just times out when you click the link. Anyone else have this problem? Does someone have a working link?
    That's because the Alphasim links lead to Avsim. With the library down, the links don't work. I think the Alphasim files are available at Simviation as well.

Brian
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
    You can get the download from Flightsim.com as well.

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=128773

I think you need to register there first if you haven't already done so.

Shiny.

Nick

The M.B.5 is available here at the SOH as well ...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...o&FileID=12901

Mike

Flyboy, that link does not work either probably for the same reason as above, it is the CFS2 conversion that is being looked for that link is for Fs9

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    The M.B.5 is available here at the SOH as well ...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...o&FileID=12901

Mike

gedm, you or anyone else who has the CFS model might want to try this pack on the alphasim MB5 conversion to CFS matching alpha channel on all paints, could anyone who tries it in CFS post and let me know if it works.

Many thanks to NickB for the origional paints I only did the Alpha

http://classicbritishfiles.com/index...leinfo&id=1335

Thanks Rich, I'll give them a go and let you know by tomorrow. :ernae:

G

Rich, I was up later than I had planned so I gave your FSX alpha channel textures a try and they work great in cfs2! Thanks very much to NickB and to you for both your work on these great looking repaints that are usable in three sims!. :ernae:

G

gedm, thanks for testing I thought they would be ok in CFS too but have'nt got it installed to check, nice to have something that will work in 3 different sims.

Main thanks should go to NickB whose paints they are I just did the easy bit

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. Well done to gedm and especially to Rich for breathing new life into old paints. Special mention should go to Alphasim for their layered paintkits which makes painting multiple paint schemes so easy. Not forgetting Helldiver who I think started the original thread.

Charter Member 09
    It's good that the Martin Baker MB-5 should be celebrated even though it only in Flight Simulator. The F8-F Bearcat came out at the same time as the MB-5 but it was allowed to fly in squadron strength.
    I certainly looks like an improvement over the P-51. It looks cleaner, stronger and the wide landing gear is a distinct improvement. I really like the airplane and thanks to Rich for straightening it out in FSX .
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Question...

Anyone know what the ordinance loadout was to be? I figure it was going to be something like the T.bolt or Mustang.
    I've found that due to the wide landing gear I might have to drop the rocket load from eight to six on the damage profile.

G

Members who have read this thread: 0