For those of you in the northeast US...

Thread: For those of you in the northeast US...

For those of you in the northeast US...

you should give this custom New York State landclass a look:

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=252296

I installed it tonight and have been flying around my usual haunts of upstate NY and it looks fantastic. Many small villages are rendered much better than they were previously. So far, I'm impressed.

Jim

Does this landclass work well with the airports that you've done in NY?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA 790i Ultra | Q9450 @ 3.2GHz | PNY XLR8 OC 9800GTX 512Mb | 4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | 2x WD 150Gb Raptor X RAID 1 (OS) | WD 300Gb VelociRaptor (FSX) | WD 640Gb Caviar (Data) | WD 500 & 160Gb External HD's | ASUS 20X DVD | Coolmax 1200W PSU | ASUS Silent Knight II HSF | Antec 900 case | Samsung 2443BWX | XP Pro SP3

Excellent piece of work, and highly recommended.

Hats off to Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactuskid View Post
    Does this landclass work well with the airports that you've done in NY?
    It should. Most of the changes I made are confined to the airport proper, so there shouldn't be any conflict with the surrounding landclass.

There's a minor issue at Fulton County, because I placed a water tower and beacon off the airport property. With FSGenesis they are in open field as they should be. With the Low 'n Slow landclass they are in woods, but that's minor, they're still visible from the ground.

Albany (KALB) looks better, the tall buildings around it and in the approach to Runway 1 aren't there anymore.

Jim

As a Phillies/Eagles/Flyers fan, I take exception to the idea that I should care about New York-related evils just because I'm in the Northeast...

It is very impressive, though. Well done!

Now, if only there were some Delaware Valley scenery around...
    What military aircraft are you?

You are an EA-6B. You are sinister, preferring not to get into confrontations, but extract revenge through mind games and technological interference. You also love to make noise and couldn't care less about pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
    As a Phillies/Eagles/Flyers fan, I take exception to the idea that I should care about New York-related evils just because I'm in the Northeast...
    as an eagles fan your tear ducts must work alot of o/t

Master of Disaster
    Thank God finally some attention given to Central/Western NY!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    as an eagles fan your tear ducts must work alot of o/t
    No, we stick with the usual refrain: There's always next year. Been saying that for a while, now...

In any case, until October at worst, we're still the "World Champions, World Ph(reak)ing Champions"! :
    What military aircraft are you?

You are an EA-6B. You are sinister, preferring not to get into confrontations, but extract revenge through mind games and technological interference. You also love to make noise and couldn't care less about pollution.