Fsx flight tuning

Thread: Fsx flight tuning

Fsx flight tuning

How do you adjut the roll rate of an aircraft i wan't my bf109 to have a greater roll rate is this section in flight tuning in the aircraft.cfg.. someone help!

Modify roll_stability in [flight_tuning] section. Read the SDK. It explains everything.

where the **** is the sdk like?

does it have to go up from 1 or down to make it roll faster? all my aircraft are set with the roll rate at 1.00000 or whatever

As far as I know, you get the flight model from the .air file. The flight tuning section should be kind of a multiplier, to change the behaviour with simple values. Roll stability should be decreased to get a faster roll rate.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    where the **** is the sdk like?
    In one of your CDs. I think the second one. Not sure. If you have SP2/Acceleration installed, get it from FSInsider website.

http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/P...SP2Update.aspx

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Hey Peter,

There are several easy quick ways to increase roll rate.

Open your 'aircraft.cfg' file with Notepad (right click, click 'open with' and select Windows Notepad from the list).

Paruse down to the Flight Tuning section. It will look something like this;

[flight_tuning]
    cruise_lift_scalar = 1.0
    parasite_drag_scalar = 1.0
    induced_drag_scalar = 1.0
    elevator_effectiveness = 1.0
    aileron_effectiveness = 1.0 <--- increase this
    rudder_effectiveness = 1.0
    pitch_stability = 1.0
    roll_stability = 1.0 <--- lessen this down
    yaw_stability = 1.0
    elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0
    aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0
    rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0

Here you can adjust the power of your ailerons. You can also tune the 'roll' handling and stability to make it more or less squirely.

Then in the 'airplane geometry section' farther down, you can adjust aileron up limit, and aileron down limit. That also will 'fine tune' your roll rate, but not as quick and good as 'aileron effectiveness'.

If you really want some good snap rolls, try a setting of 2.0 on aileron effectiveness. Then if that is to much or not enough, redial it a notch (like 1.9 or 1.3, etc) and reboot the plane.

When you are testing it, you can simply reload the aircraft (set up your FS to have it reload the plane when you select Control/Shift/R, has to be programmed in). Then when you make a change to your config, save, then Alt/Tab back over to FS, and reload the plane and again test.

Sometimes though, your plane will not accept a edit after a few tries, so you'll need to reload it several times or reboot FS.

You 'can' adjust some settings in the Air file. You will need AirED.exe (google that) to tune it. Go to section 1101 and open that and look for Roll section and go to Ailerons and you'll find the settings. But! (but) you can do this instead at the config file as described above. Going into the air file allows you to do more detailed precision tunes... thats all.

I hope that helps.

Its kind of complicated getting that SDK to setup just to adjust ailerons for one plane, lol.. Goodness. Would take you a day or three..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Thje reason that all of your planes have values of 1.0 is that most developers attempt to tune the aircraft in the .air file, levaing all of the scalars at 1.0 in the .cfg file.

Many of the tables (curves) in the .air file are in hex so that complicates things a bit. One way around this is an aplication called Aircraft Airfile Manager which allows editing of the points in the tables via input of common base ten numbers.

Another suggestion, somewhat simpler, is to get Jerry Beckwith's Airwrench at his mudpond.org website. Well worth it if you desire to get started in this field.

Cheers: Tom