FSX Scenery for FS9

Thread: FSX Scenery for FS9

FSX Scenery for FS9

At flightsim today. Anyone try this yet?

FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc. FS2004 Extreme Upgrade - Howard's Mix Docs
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: hmdocs.zip Size: 35,947,412 Date: 06-15-2009
    FS2004 Extreme Upgrade - Howard's Mix Docs. The FSX Experience. Graphics updates include user friendly texture swap program which will move our trusted FS2004 into this century. All new ground, water, clouds/sky, enhanced environmental files, all default buildings have been upgraded, trees completely redrawn with static birds added. Professional quality installer. By Howard Smith.

FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc. FS2004 Howard's Mix The FSX Experience
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: hmprog.zip Size: 119,094,264 Date: 06-15-2009
    FS2004 Howard's Mix The FSX Experience. Extreme Graphics makeover update, includes a texture swap program. Howard's Mix will move our trusted FS2004 into this century with new ground water clouds/sky enhanced environmental files. All default building have been upgraded. Trees completely redrawn with static birds added. Professional quality installer on main program. By Howard Smith. (See also HMDOCS.ZIP)

I just downloaded and looked at it. Didn't do a full install because I already have gepro and fe. I'll want to read about comparisons before I go uninstalling those. I was looking for weather themes and autogen that maybe could be improved. Looks like the wt were taken from a freeware that I already have. There is runway and trees autogen but no buildings. There are other freeware programs out that promise the moon. I'm going to wait and see.

Edit: Actual clouds look like fs9 stock.

I installed it last night...today, I replaced the water with what I already had....I'm still not 100% sure about this add-on....I seem to have occasional flickering which I didn't have before and the FR's drop around certain buildings. I don't like having to switch textures (arid to green and vice versa) when I fly somewhere....anyway, I'll be checking it out over the next couple days...I'm intersted in how other people feel about this...
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Be very wary, especially if you have a lot of add-ons, I posted my experience about this in another thread........

Members who have read this thread: 0