ATC is Fired!!!

Thread: ATC is Fired!!!

ATC is Fired!!!

Ok so I turned my traffic up just to mess around and fly a bit since I haven't in a while. So after waiting in line for about 15 minutes and 3 planes landing I finally get my clearance to take off. So I get out on the runway and pour on the coals. About the time that I get my tail off the ground I start hearing a whistle. At that point my view is clear of the runway and sure enough that whistle happens to be a 747 coming right at me. What on earth is that about? I was able to pull up very hard to clear him but it wasn't by much.

For starters, you're on the wrong end of the rwy. Try take off width-wise next time atc clears you... especially with a 747 stomping down your avenue.lol

harleyman
    People are always asking what we would like to see if a new Sim was ever made...

I always say better ATC..One that works..Also one that is more user interactive...like a mayday call, anything besides the default situations they give...LOL

MCDesigns
    Those 747 drivers are bullies, they think they own the runways in their big flying tubes

I remember back in FS9 installing a very realistic AI setup only to find that FS ATC could never handle real world volume of traffic, I was so bummed out.

Blog Entries
    I bought the Barksdale scenery. Flew a F-16 into Barksdale, AFB the other night. ATC cleared me for the ILS and landing.

As I hit the marker....another plane pulls out onto the runway way. Good thing the runway was wide.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I wasn't going the wrong way according to the sim, I cheated and had progressive taxi on. lol and I had 4 planes waiting behind me too.

ATC in the MS FlightSim series has always been weak. I usually fly out of Chesterfield County, VA, airport (KFCI). There's never anyone in the tower, so I have to listen for other aircraft announcing their intention to depart or land. The larger airports seem to be a bit better, but ATC still leaves much to be desired. The ground vehicles in FSX can also be a pain. Watch out for them, evidently they were given permanent right of way status and will run into you.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Videre Vincere Est

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    People are always asking what we would like to see if a new Sim was ever made...

I always say better ATC..One that works..Also one that is more user interactive...like a mayday call, anything besides the default situations they give...LOL
    Yup. There is no ability to call an emergency and get prio landing (like a birdhit, engine problems, or if you're flying VFR while conditions at the airport suddenly make 'm IFR only.

Agreed the ATC could be much more interactive and a bit more "out of the box".

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

What you wouldn't give for machine guns there. Not to shoot the jet, just to warn him of course. I've had a few tubes just run me over while we are waiting for ATC to let us take off. They sure can be bullies...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
    Agreed the ATC could be much more interactive and a bit more "out of the box".
    That's why you use VATSIM or some other form of multiplayer!

Before I roll onto any active runway I always follow the rule of looking both headings and crossing directions and in the general area overhead to make sure all is clear. Even real ATC's make mistakes which can and have killed. I have had 2 ATC's place me in ground conflicts in real life.

In God We Trust, in Ourselves and Others We Double Check!
    "Soon to be Expat"