Who here is running Windows 7 64 bit RC?

Thread: Who here is running Windows 7 64 bit RC?

On Another Planet

Who here is running Windows 7 64 bit RC?

I have been having some problems relating to Windows 7 and FSX. I am having video driver installation problems and problems installing nHancer. If any of you know what could be happening I would appreciate you to add me on msn at rezabrya@hotmail.com or else commect in this thread and help me out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Retired SOH Administrator
    Did you use a driver cleaner before installing the new video driver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

On Another Planet
    yes I have done it multiple times and it still wont work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

harleyman
    Have you tried to install from safe mode?

You sure you have 64 bit drivers?

On Another Planet
    yes I have installed in safe mode. I am trying to use Windows 7 64 bit 185.85 drivers. I really am confused with this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

harleyman
    This is the driver Nvidia has listed for Win 7 64 bit...http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_x64_185.85_whql.html

Other than that ..Not sure ..Try a reboot maybe...Driver cleaner...Ummm...Ummm Ummm

you sue you selected the driver listed as Win 7 64 ?

I'm using Win7 RC1 64-bit but am sticking with nVidia's 182.50 64-bit video driver for Vista...have had no problems with installation or in FSX. Just make sure all traces of any previous driver installation are cleaned out.

Make sure that UAC setting is minimal (control panel-based) and that you're running the driver installer as Administrator (right click and select Run as Administrator). Hope this is useful.

Im running 7 RC from a clean install and the Nvidia Win 7 drivers installed fine for me...

On Another Planet
    Well I decided to just reinstall the OS and so far so good. Running perfectly better than Vista ever did. Flying at about 24,000 feet doing a WWII era bombing run at the moment. Got FSgenesis Media Bundle today and man does that add realism. TrackIR 4 on the way too. I'm like a kid in a candy shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Had a similar problem

Initially I installed the ForceWare 185.85 drivers for Win7-64 RC, it worked just fine.

Some time later I wanted to switch to the 186.08 Beta driver and, as usual, uninstalled the old drivers.

After that the new drivers won't recognise the video card (8800GT). So after a reboot the default win drivers kicked in again and THEN the 186.08 installer recognised the card.:isadizzy:

But then FSX ran perfect again.

When does the Win7 RC stop working? Or will it just disable a few features?

Blog Entries
    Hey Raptor, glad ya got it working. I have really been enjoying the Windows 7 64bit myself with FSX. I would also advise everyone to make sure you have the latest BIOS flash for your motherboard when running Windows7. Some of the most prolific mfgs are already stepping up to the plate and providing new BIOS downloads.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    When does the Win7 RC stop working? Or will it just disable a few features?
    As I understand it, the W7 RC will start rebooting every two hours next March, and will time out entirely in May. Or was it June? Plenty of time to get a read on whether it's the OS for you or not. I've moved my production work to my W7 install for now, but I keep it in dual-boot config with XP and back up files just in case. So far, so good.

On Another Planet
    Ya this OS is great. It has increased my performance too. I used to get between 22-28 fps on the ground with the Aerosoft F-16, now with Win7 I get 30-35 on the ground! My ram usage is much lower because I don't have to deal with the hungry monster that is Vista. I am loving it and I can't wait for RTM to come out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]