Piglet's Zlin Z-50L up and ready - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Piglet's Zlin Z-50L up and ready

Ok, LOL. Hopefully that holds some comical value.

Regardless, here is a good shot of his cockpit. Notice the cool fuel gauge at the top, and the inset gauges?

The credit for the airfile really goes to Jerry Beckwith, for his Airwrench.
    All I did was plug in some numbers, do a little tuning. 20 min. later, I had an airfile.:ernae:
    Tach problem? Sounds like a SP1 sim with a SP2 plane bug.

Bumpmaps? We all know my opinion on bumps....Every once in a while, I play around with bumps, but never get anything that looks right, or in scale. Spec's, I do like.
    Cody,
    You bugger, now I have VC-envy!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

Okayyy...
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    Just did a double hammerhead... NEVER had a plane in FS do that before. This is likely going to make the film!
    It will also do a sustained and climbing Knife Edge and a Flat Rudder Turn either upright or inverted!
    "Soon to be Expat"

Thanks little piglet for this lovely little plane. Always appreciate your efforts.

tigisfat
    I am loving this!! We've needed something better than the default extra for a while, and I think this does it.

On Another Planet
    Just downloaded this and took it for a flight. First impression was "wow". It is a twitchy little thing. It does loops like their it's job. Rolls are perfect. Even some of the more complicated manuevers are possible in this FREE plane. I have been wanting a good aerobatic plane for FSX for a long time and this does it...and better yet, it's free! You have outdone yourself Piglet. Thanks so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

I just took it for a flight earlier tonight, and I'm very impressed with it, Tim! It offered me a great change in pace when compared to working on and flying Mustangs all the time. While I've flown a considerable amount of 1940's, and prior, piston power, I don't have all that much experience in aircraft designed simply for aerobatics. However, I felt very comfortable because the flight dynamics are so superb. It is one of the most honest and forgiving aircraft I have flown in recent times, and it will do anything you ask of it. It was a real joy to be able to easily sustain prolonged knife-edge passes down the runway, and with every aerobatic maneuver I pulled, it was nice to be in-charge of what was going on at all times. The controls are extremely responsive, but not twitchy, just very crisp.

I'll be coming back to this one a lot! Thank you for sharing all of your hard work Tim, I really appreciate it!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

markwlee
    Best you've done Tim and the best FM for an Aerobatic plane - Freeware or Payware!

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    Ok, LOL. Hopefully that holds some comical value.

Regardless, here is a good shot of his cockpit. Notice the cool fuel gauge at the top, and the inset gauges?
    WOOOOOWZERS!

Great VC, wow Piglet this has got to be your best release ever! And I still can't try it out

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

SOH-CM-2024

It's a winner and with the Paint Kit now released by Piglet, the sky's the limit. :ernae:

Caz

pointy31
    Say Cookie,....thar's a dirty Zlin in my soup...

That's it, I can't take it anymore!

Downloading now.

("Mental strength" my arse...xP )

- Edit: According to Wikipedia, the Z50 ans the C-182 share the same engine, so this soundpack over at flightsim might be something for this bird: c182snz.zip

palmtree
    It is such great fun to fly!

Many thanks Piglet! :ernae:

For anyone who wants red and white wingtip smoke try and replace the smoke session in the aircraft.cfg file with this. Backup the original first, as always.

[SMOKESYSTEM]
    smoke.0=0.00, 13.70, 0.2, fx_smoke_r
    smoke.1=0.00, -13.70, 0.2, fx_smoke_w
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the repaint and the new smoke!

yeah tanks for the paints and new smoke this is a real marsterpiece of flight tuning ... If I'm honest i hadent even heard of this aircraft before tim made it sure beats spaceships and that stuff!!

If anyone is having problems with the Zlin nosing over at low taxi speeds when you hit the brakes I spent a little bit of time tweaking the brake settings while in MP with a buddy the other day and now I can apply full brakes without nosing over and it still stops reasonably quickly on landing.

Just replace your entire [Brakes] section of the aircraft.cfg file with the data below:

[brakes]
    parking_brake =1
    toe_brakes_scale =0.8500
    differential_braking_scale =0.850000
    auto_brakes =0
    hydraulic_system_scalar=0.00000

HTH
    Larry

Belatedly - I have finally flown the ZLIN 50.
    I must say a big thank you to Piglet for this freeware download and also a thank you to Yago9 for his excellent paint job OK IRF. This kind of pushes the fun back into a laborious rebuild of FSX.

Thanks indeed!!!

Hip Hip Hooray for Tim! A beaut plane to fly, very responsive!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

This plane is a hoot to fly. I spent an hour in Interlaken doing tail slides, hovering, and practicing 4 pt rolls.

Bestest Download Ever, thanks

raptor19
    Thanks Piglet for this little beauty and all your other great work, I haven't had as much fun flying a flightsim aircraft for some time. The Zlin is streets ahead of the default Extra!

Raptor 19

Thanks!

Can somebody tell me how to use paintkit :isadizzy:

Late to the party, but when in the VC, I have no gauges?

I'm sure it is operator error on my part, but I am new to adding freeware A/C.

What am I doing wrong?

because Piglet uses stock gauges in his planes - you need to go into each of the default FSX aircraft 'panel' folders and copy the 'cab' file - then go to the FSX 'gauges' folder and paste them in there....once done - you will have gauges in all Piglet Products

the 'cab' file is the one that looks like a stack of books strapped together - do not open the files, or remove them from their respective panel folders - just copy and paste each one over into the main FSX gauges folder
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 3