Service Announcment!

Thread: Service Announcment!

Service Announcment!

Just as a friendly reminder folks, summers coming up and that 'usually' means warmer weather! Great for having fun, but not so great for hardware.

Remember that now would be a good idea to open the 'ol case and giver the innards a good dusting.

I opened my case's face plat and found a 'nice' layer of dust crap on the filter. Also if your so inclined, it would be a good idea toroute extra wriring and stuff that can get in the path fo good air flow. I removed a CD-RW drive that rarely was used. I had it as a 'backup' to my SATA DVD-RW drive.
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

Very good advice, I only put together this new box in April, cleaned it out last week, could have made a new dog from the hairs I collected from the front fan filters.

Good advice. I've also installed filter material (used dryer fabric softener sheets) to air entrances on my case. It doesn't stop all of the dust, but it stops at least 80% of it.:mixedsmi:
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I do the exact same thing and have a used dryer sheet taped inside the mesh door on the front of my computer case. I change it every two weeks and it is amazing how much crud it catches. The computer certainly runs cooler for longer now.

Make sure if you try this to ONLY use USED dryer sheets. NEVER use a new one as it will leave 'oily' deposits everywhere and you do not want that all over your computer innards.
    Larry