Jan Visser F86
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jan Visser F86

SOH-CM-2023

Jan Visser F86

Check out this web site for an upcoming f86. Freeware!!!!!

http://sectionf8.com.

A manual supposedly is available but when I downloaded it, it was invalid.

FSX version comes later.

is it even out for fs9 yet? I heard about this a while ago, FSX version im sure will come "eventually"

Free??? That is going to be free? WOW!!!!!!:ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by deimos256 View Post
    is it even out for fs9 yet? I heard about this a while ago, FSX version im sure will come "eventually"
    Release will be for FS2004 first - that was the original concept.

Then an FSX will release will come later. Do NOT expect an immediate FSX release after FS2004. There will be months of FSX development...

oh im sure we wont see it for FSX anytime soon, i actually forgot all about it

Lightbulb

oh im sure we wont see it for FSX anytime soon, i actually forgot all about it
    You're quite correct here. The F-86 just like the MAAM Avenger were both conceived to be FS2004 products. FSX development was a later decision...

SOH-CM-2023
    Although the manual can't be downloaded, there is info on the panel that can be viewed. Enough research has apparently been done at this point to identify what will be in FSX and FS9 only, since reference is made to both sims.

At first look those screenshots seem to be fsx quality yet there is no apparent external self shadowing. Mighty great looking external pics if they are only fs9. Seems like there is rippling in the side panels similar to the acceleration P51, which is one great looking plane.

The release is said to be imminent, whatever that means.:costumes:

imminent means that its definately coming, as far as a date? more than likely "its done when its done"

imminent means that its definately coming, as far as a date? more than likely "its done when its done"
    Imminent means 'very soon'.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Although the manual can't be downloaded,
    Just click on the "manual" tab at the top & you can download it :mixedsmi:

It'll be interesting to see how it compares in detail to an actual RAAF CA-27 Sabre (serial no:A94-983) currently undergoing restoration to flying condition at Temora Aviation Museum, NSW, Australia.

See here for details: http://www.aviationmuseum.com.au/aircraft/raafsabre.cfm
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Charter Member 2015
    It's now available to d/l on Avsim..... sf86ef.zip
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Charter Member 2015
    I,m downloading it now. I,ll try it in FSX and let you know how works!

David

*seems* to work in FSX.
    I only renamed the main texture folder to texture.shared and placed a texture.cfg in every AC texture folder ([fltsim]fallback.1=..\texture.shared).
    And i changed the alpha channel of the textures f86jv_glas_vcanopy.bmp, f86jv_glas_vcleft.bmp and f86jv_glas_vcmid.bmp to dark gray.

It looks fantastic. I hope that all systems are working properly. I haven't read any readme or manual:redf:

Quote Originally Posted by Pips View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how it compares in detail to an actual RAAF CA-27 Sabre (serial no:A94-983)
    Does not compare that much, yet, Pips.Please wait a while until i have the chance to produce a proper looking CAC Sabre. Sure's on the list, you know ! :mixedsmi:

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Nils View Post
    *seems* to work in FSX.
    I only renamed the main texture folder to texture.shared and placed a texture.cfg in every AC texture folder ([fltsim]fallback.1=..\texture.shared).
    And i changed the alpha channel of the textures f86jv_glas_vcanopy.bmp, f86jv_glas_vcleft.bmp and f86jv_glas_vcmid.bmp to dark gray.

It looks fantastic. I hope that all systems are working properly. I haven't read any readme or manual:redf:
    Hi Nils,
    I assume that you flew it in Dx9c?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hi Nils,
    I assume that you flew it in Dx9c?
    That's correct, Roger.
    In DX10 mode only the VC will work and a few other parts.

What ever I do with DXT1bmp I can't get the alpha to keep a colour change (ie to dark grey) in the texture f86jv_glas_vcanopy.bmp ...It always reverts to white.:isadizzy:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

WOW! Trying to download now, but is understandably busy.

NC

Charter Member 2015
    A FPS killer but really awesome. I broke the gear though. Can I get some maintenance over here please!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    What ever I do with DXT1bmp I can't get the alpha to keep a colour change (ie to dark grey) in the texture f86jv_glas_vcanopy.bmp ...It always reverts to white.:isadizzy:
    PM me your email and i can send you the files.

Regarding the performance.. i think the smoke and exhaust effects are eating FPS and the Wingtip effects are done by FSX by default.
    I converted all BMPs without an alpha to DXT1/DDS and all with an alpha to DXT5/DDS and i changed the file extensions in the model from ".BMP" to ".DDS".
    But it's a FS9 model...

But really fantastic work! Many thanks to all involved!

Charter Member 2015
    Nice. FPS killer is the exhaust. remove the fx files and it helps a lot. you'll have to restart FSX to stop the fx files from working?

Nils - maybe you can get the makers permission to download those dds etc files to here at SOH... A thought!

David

Providing that Nils uploads those .dds' here at the Outhouse, I will gladly give the Sabre a try.

Dave, the Sabre's aircraft.cfg should have a [Smoke] section. Just remove the effect file's name from it and you should be good to go.

Thanks to Jan and Team for this incredible aircraft.:ernae:

Nils thanks for the info, I also have it working in FSX.
    I think you are right about the smoke effect, I wiil try it with that removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nils View Post
    *seems* to work in FSX.

How do you go about changing the alpha channel on the VC canopy files? I can't see through the VC canopy textures at all (they display the interior reflection of the cockpit, but as a solid color instead of transparent). I have DXTBmp.exe, but haven't ever messed with alpha channels.
    Cheers,
    Dave