Iris Audioworx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iris Audioworx

Iris Audioworx

Came across this vidoe this morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcbt9-Xqgn4

Sounds excellent.

gajit
    Great news - they need to step up their game - I bought the Tomcat a few days ago and even with Bob's great repaint soon became un-inspired. Now I have taken it off my PC and await Dinos version with great expectations.

tigisfat
    Oh man, this may mean that there are difficult times ahead for IRIS and their people. I've dogged their products before, but I don't wish hard times on anyone and the people at IRIS seem like good folks.

I really, REALLY question the advantages of spending any length of time developing a two seat version of the F-16. Aerosoft touched on perfection (though it will seem outdated one day) with it's F-16. To only compound possible troubles, I haven't seen an IRIS product that's half as nice. Surely a two seat model will spur less interest than the primary version, and when the primary's been done so well I have to wonder if there's any market share left. Exactly what kind of demographic are they aiming for?

I can only hope that there's someone out there that has always wanted a two seater. Who knows, maybe David Brice himself is nutty about two seaters and just HAD to do one. All's well that ends well, and I hope it does.

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    Great news - they need to step up their game - I bought the Tomcat a few days ago and even with Bob's great repaint soon became un-inspired. Now I have taken it off my PC and await Dinos version with great expectations.
    Where were you when I got jumped on for saying that I was thoroughly unenthused with it myself?

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    Where were you when I got jumped on for saying that I was thoroughly unenthused with it myself?

I think I said at the time it did not look good - but then Bob did that fantastic paint so I thought I would risk it! Wish i did'nt now.

BananaBob
    Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    I think I said at the time it did not look good - but then Bob did that fantastic paint so I thought I would risk it! Wish i did'nt now.
    Hey don't blame me LOL, it was a request where everything came together. Glad you enjoyed it for awhile at least. :ernae:

BananaBob
    Just listened to it, great sounds! :ernae:

On Another Planet
    I am looking forward to learning more about this product because it has the potential of being a good product. Right now the sounds strike me as just good payware sounds...not something worth of a seperate name and package. I also have to wonder why they picked the F-16D since the F-16 single seat varients have already been done in excellent detail by Aerosoft. I wish them luck but they are going to have to have an amazing plane before I will buy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

The new F-16D is actually being made by Triple Six Design Studios with the soundpack by Iris AudioworX. I wouldn't be so quick to judge this F-16 as under the Aerosoft version. It may very well touch in areas of detail previously missed. The sound pack detail being STRONG indication of this. There may be a few other things that will stand out real well when it is released.
    "Soon to be Expat"

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    Hey don't blame me LOL, it was a request where everything came together. Glad you enjoyed it for awhile at least. :ernae:

LOL - Your repaint made the external look great - if only you did VCs!!

Blog Entries
    I've been testing this F-16 for some time now. Personally i cant comment on the looks as looks are about as important to me as the number of beans in china. But i'll say this much. Your gonna love the flight model, and no, I didnt do it.. Everything i have experienced about this plane has quickly made it one of my favorites ( whatever THAT may mean to anyone else ).
    Pam

And in case anybody likes sharing aircraft in multiplayer, both pits are operational. And frame rates are very good.

Maybe they will do a P-51 next. A man can only hope.

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Maybe they will do a P-51 next. A man can only hope.
    Yes - great - another P-51 is just what we need :ernae:

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by deathfromafar View Post
    The new F-16D is actually being made by Triple Six Design Studios with the soundpack by Iris AudioworX. I wouldn't be so quick to judge this F-16 as under the Aerosoft version. It may very well touch in areas of detail previously missed. The sound pack detail being STRONG indication of this. There may be a few other things that will stand out real well when it is released.
    It's not just about comparing the two, it's also about those that already own the Aerosoft seeing a D model as redundant.

it's also about those that already own the Aerosoft seeing a D model as redundant.
    Not everyone may see it that way. Some may prefer the D model over the C and any other details offered in the new model that "may" or "may not" appear which aren't necessarily limited to eye candy.

As always the case, buying is optional.
    "Soon to be Expat"

tigisfat
    Not everyone may see it that way. Some may prefer the D model over the C and any other details offered in the new model that "may" or "may not" appear which aren't necessarily limited to eye candy.
    I'm not saying those people don't exist, I'm merely suggesting that those people may not be great in numbers. Further, I'm venturing to suggest that this release won't be worth anywhere near as much money for their efforts. Please read my original posts.

As always the case, buying is optional.
    Again, I'm not knocking this product, I'm questioning how wise it is to do. I actually think the sound effects from high AOA/high speed turns are cool.......but these features won't warrant me purchasing another F-16 with downgraded looks.

As far as I know (from the Aerosoft F-16 support forum) most everyone on there has asked "is the D model still in the workd?"

I'm sure this will be a great product with much success

Please read my original posts
    I did and responded with a precise counterpoint/opinion. The model isn't even out yet. Who knows, by the time it does, it may surpass all others or at the very least equal them. More options, better for everyone. Right? A 911 Carrera and Turbo can both be had in most colors!
    "Soon to be Expat"

Okay,

Having flown both the Triple Six/IRIS F-16 and the Aerosoft ones, here's MY opinion on both...

1. The IRIS/Triple Six bird is a FRACTION of the poly count of the Aerosoft one... at the moment we're comparing along the lines of 500,000 polys for the Aerosoft one, against 30,000 of the IRIS/Triple Six one.

With that in point, this bird is designed for medium level systems... and still look good. We had a LOT of people asking for aircraft which didn't chew up system resources of hog frame rates... and even on my Core i7 I cannot run the Aerosoft F-16 without a significant hit.

That's not to take anything away from the Aerosoft one, I'm close friends with the designer of the aircraft and give him credit for a lovely looking aircraft..

2. Unlike most other IRIS products, I'm NOT the modeller of this product, nor am I responsible for it's inception. Michael from Triple Six has been working on this aircraft for over two years... he chose the D because he prefers the twin-seat over the single seater..and it's not my position to critisise him on his choice of model, I am just happy that I have an F-16 I can run on my system and that Michael has been kind enough to allow us to provide this to the public rather than keeping this gem to himself.

Next, (and I go over this EVERY TIME), don't like the look of it? Don't buy it then...or at least read as much in the way of reviews, or ask for impartial comments from various sources prior to purchase. Just because you consider it inferior in looks to the Aerosoft bird, doesn't mean that the product is inferior. We all have different priorities in what we look for in aircraft.

I personally find absolutely no merit in a good looking slideshow, others however find that looks are everything, (and probably spend all their time flying from spot view, which I would do if I was of that frame of mind!) I would rather have an aircraft that performs well on my system, with a heap of switches and systems to play with.

I've been in the business long enough to know you can't please everyone...one man's 'best aircraft ever' is another man's 'steaming pile'. Whilst I am aware that Tigisfat and Gajit were unimpressed with the Tomcat, many others sent me e-mails voicing their pleasure at the aircraft. Again, you can't please everyone. I am sure this will also be the case with the F-16D, as it has been with every aircraft we've released.. I would be suprised if you found ANY developer who had a 100% approval rating with their products.

Finally, I'm not setting up Audioworx just for the F-16.. I'm setting it up as a seperate division of IRIS because we'll be doing soundpacks in the future, for various aircraft, either for individual downloads or licencing to other commercial groups for their products.

Hope I answered most of your questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a two-seater nut too...

...I'm making known my intention to buy NOW. I'd DEARLY LOVE an F-5B, but I'll take a well-done T-38 (including a version with travel pod, please!).

The two seaters are workhorses and hacks of operational squadrons...

Love 'em...What I'd also LOVE is a well done T-33A!!! Love Piglet's but it's getting long in the tooth!

Kent

David, thanks for the very eloquent and candid reply. Many of us who have been customers of yours from the DSB days did then and still enjoy the fruits of your efforts in what MOST who have paid hard earned cash for them feel a good investment not only in the product, but in your skills and knowledge and your shared interests with other developers. The faithful are faithful for good reason!

DFA
    "Soon to be Expat"

Thanks very much... it is much appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Hey David,

Great looking bird and awesome work.

I think it sounds good that you went for mid-range computers. Wise decision. Only about 3% have computers that can run FSX at ultra high FR's, and making it ultra sophisticated in handling would take away from having the fun to fly the bird in the first place.

I talked with an F-16 pilot once at a Sub sandwhich shop while we were waiting in line. He said (back then) that Falcon 4.0 was made to sophisticated as a game or sim. He said it seemed easier to fly the real plane then the sim. I will always remember that.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

She looks great, well done.

Members who have read this thread: 0