Ito's F9-F Cougar
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ito's F9-F Cougar

Ito's F9-F Cougar

Does anyone have the remaining files for this airplane. He posted this during that span of time when all he was uploading was the model and texture, nothing else.

Thanks
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Someone has a set up flight dynamics files uploaded to the SOH library...and for some reason I am thinking it was Piglet. I'll go check. Nope! Piglet did flight files for Ito's Me-410.

OBIO

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    Someone has a set up flight dynamics files uploaded to the SOH library...and for some reason I am thinking it was Piglet. I'll go check. Nope! Piglet did flight files for Ito's Me-410.
    OBIO
    Yea, I went through from begiining to end and found a lot of Ito's that had been redone, but not the Cougar. I've lifted the basic airfile and cfg file from the Fury as a start. . .see what happens. Thanks for checking OBIO.

Current System Specs:

I know I saw some flight dynamics for Ito's Cougar somewhere.....I will go hunting for them.

OBIO

Try Fliger, I know he does a bunch for the RTW Team. This isn't one of our rides, but it might be there.

WH
    With the wisdom of an owl, the courage of a eagle and the grace of a hawk,
    May you fly through the heavens and always land clear. — Unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've considered sending Mr Ito a quick e-mail, however I don't know what his current physical condition is and if he's even able to read e-mails anymore.

Current System Specs:

Would files from the AH Panther do the job?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Would files from the AH Panther do the job?
    Possibly. I have spent the better part of 4 hours trying to tweak the cfg file for the FJ1 Fury to work with the Cougar, however it has only resulted in great frustration and little else, lol.

I sent Mr Ito an e-mail, not knowing if he will even be able to respond. It was worth a try anyway. I'll just wait and see.

Current System Specs:

I just checked, and I do have the Cougar flying. I can send you air and aircraft files if you like. I checked my downloads too, and they seem to be in the original zip.

Mr. Ito responded immediately with an e-mail and the full install attached. How's that for service across the globe?

Current System Specs:

dhazelgrove
    Could you upload it, perhaps?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Could you upload it, perhaps?
    Dave
    Let me check with Ito San first before I do that. If he clears it, I'll upload directly.

UPDATE: I have sent off a request to Ito for permission to upload to this site only. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

Current System Specs:

How is he doing health-wise?????
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    How is he doing health-wise?????
    Based on just the short e-mail with the attachment, I'd say fine. . .but with his medical issues being his eyesight, it's hard to say.

I received a quick note from Ito San asking me to please not upload anything that he sent. Your best bet is to do as I did and just send a quick e-mail to him asking for the necessary files to complete the F9F Cougar.

KazuIto0926@aol.com

Current System Specs:

Strange, I have the Cougar from Flightsim.com, with correctly dated cfg and airfiles, with Ito San's name on them, but the current package there does not have them.

I just checked download date for my package, and it's from the day before Flightsim's posting. Did Ito San release the entire package here the day before????? Maybe in a post, instead of thru the library??? Was it lost in one of the crashes??
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Strange, I have the Cougar from Flightsim.com, with correctly dated cfg and airfiles, with Ito San's name on them, but the current package there does not have them.

I just checked download date for my package, and it's from the day before Flightsim's posting. Did Ito San release the entire package here the day before????? Maybe in a post, instead of thru the library??? Was it lost in one of the crashes??
    Sometimes, generalizations can be misunderstood. If you don't ask the right questions you won't get the expected answer. I simply asked Ito if I could upload the files he had sent me to complete the Cougar. . .those specifically being the panel, sound, airfile and cfg file, but I didn't name those as such. He requested that I not upload what he sent as not all of it was his work (there was a Blue Angel livery included). He, assuming I meant to upload the entire package.

Rather than get into a series of e-mails back and forth to clarify what I was asking, I thought it better to simply post his e-mail for anyone who needed the files to complete the aircraft.

To answer you question. . . .there was a period where he was releasing aircraft with only the model and textures (I never understood why) and you were directed to e-mail him for the remaining files. I was under the impression, based on when this was first posted, that it was posted only with the model and texture as I downloaded it. I'm not sure how you would have ended up with a full download.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    I just checked download date for my package, and it's from the day before Flightsim's posting. Did Ito San release the entire package here the day before?????
    My d/l of the F9F is the same way - dated 7-9-08, one day before the d/l that's at Flightsim now. Mine's got all the files, including Ito's gauge folder, and I know I got it from Flightsim. Weird, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    My d/l of the F9F is the same way - dated 7-9-08, one day before the d/l that's at Flightsim now. Mine's got all the files, including Ito's gauge folder, and I know I got it from Flightsim. Weird, huh?
    Ditto here. My D/L is also dated July 9, '08 and I got the complete a/c.
    I just checked FltSim and the current d/l is "incomplete".

- H52

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Sometimes, generalizations can be misunderstood. If you don't ask the right questions you won't get the expected answer. I simply asked Ito if I could upload the files he had sent me to complete the Cougar. . .those specifically being the panel, sound, airfile and cfg file, but I didn't name those as such. He requested that I not upload what he sent as not all of it was his work (there was a Blue Angel livery included). He, assuming I meant to upload the entire package.

Rather than get into a series of e-mails back and forth to clarify what I was asking, I thought it better to simply post his e-mail for anyone who needed the files to complete the aircraft.

To answer you question. . . .there was a period where he was releasing aircraft with only the model and textures (I never understood why) and you were directed to e-mail him for the remaining files. I was under the impression, based on when this was first posted, that it was posted only with the model and texture as I downloaded it. I'm not sure how you would have ended up with a full download.
    Falcon, I understood your postings entirely. My post was explaining what I have. As others have since posted identical files, perhaps what we have was from one of the "lost" files/forums, that many of our favorite downloads have come from lately.

I also intend to abide by Ito Sans request in it's entirety.

There was a period there when he was a little upset with all the complaints about his cfgs and airfiles, when he did release a few without them, just the models and textures. I seem to recall the Cougar was the first.

As you did get the required files from him, all is well.

Here's hoping he is doing better than can be expected with his vision problems.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I did a new paint kit for the Cougar and revamped the two liveries to bring them closer in color to actual Navy colors and not the sort of washed out blue that had been used.

Current System Specs:

Are those skins available, please?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Are those skins available, please?
    Not currently. . .main reason. . .after doing a lot more research on the F9F Blue Angel livery, this one is not close (all I did was copy what was there with better graphics and more realistic colors). So I'm going to redo the BA Livery first. I'm also working on a TAF-9J from VF-23 NAS Kingsville, Tx. That one should be done pretty quickly and once I have them all complete (by the end of the week), I'll post one zip with everything.

Current System Specs:

Ok - thanks.

Here's a WIP shot of the VF-23 livery. Matching the blue nose paint and the blue stripes around the tail has been the most time consuming since it actually spans 4 different bmp textures. If you know anything about Ito Sans texturing, you know that he does a left and right fuselage as well as a top and bottom. So any graphics that cross those textures takes a bit of time to get everything to match and that's where this is at right now. Once that's correct, then I'll tone back the panel lines a bit, finish up some of the placards along the fuselage and it should be ready.

Current System Specs:

Ah the love of Ito-Sans textures , that 1 simple fuselage wrap around strip becomes oh so much fun to line up lol, I still find them the most easy to repaint tho