EVE and I

Thread: EVE and I

EVE and I

Hi all,
    Really getting into EVE.So I thought I would post a few piccy's of my latest ship.Talk about addictive and immersive.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Charter Member 2011
    Looks like desktop wallpaper!
    What's it do?

Hi,
    It's an online permament space game.with a universe of thousands of stars.Go and look at
    http://www.eveonline.com/
    They give you 2 weeks free trial to see if you like it.
    The ship in the picture is my Gallente Myrmodon Battlecruiser.

Buddha13

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Oh man Buddha.. arrghh...

I have been so tempted by this game. I just fought with myself to not get it at Walmart.. Its price just came down to 39.95 USD. What a fight that was. I was watching game footage by players in YouTube the other night, mesmerized by the incredible graphics of the hulls and nebula's in the background, laser fire, and explosions..

man.. I might download it tonight and check it out.. But I know it will hinder my output in FS work. I want a good SciFi game so bad and that looks like it, but I cant get overly addicted..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Retired SOH Administrator
    Does it take ya where no man has gone before
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

SOH-CM-2024
    Bill, stay thee away from online games, they be addicting. City of Heroes/Villians and Runescape suck the life out of my two boys. One of my friends is so into WoW that he now lives two lives. Very addicting stuff, but absolutely not for me. The computer is just another tool to me and I have lots of other tools to use.

Caz

Lionus
    Quote Originally Posted by hey_moe View Post
    Does it take ya where no man has gone before

Nope.. but slightly modded Bridge Commander will. Heck, I need more advanced federation ships in order to match Imperial Star Destroyers and Calamari Cruisers.. and don't get me started on BC304-class ships..

Charter Member 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Oh man Buddha.. arrghh...

I have been so tempted by this game. I just fought with myself to not get it at Walmart.. Its price just came down to 39.95 USD. What a fight that was. I was watching game footage by players in YouTube the other night, mesmerized by the incredible graphics of the hulls and nebula's in the background, laser fire, and explosions..

man.. I might download it tonight and check it out.. But I know it will hinder my output in FS work. I want a good SciFi game so bad and that looks like it, but I cant get overly addicted..

Bill

Embrace the power of the Dark Side. . . yield to it . . . resistance is futile - all your time belong us. . .
    "Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

Lionus
    ^yes, dark side has girls and cookies.

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Lol!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Lionus View Post
    Nope.. but slightly modded Bridge Commander will. Heck, I need more advanced federation ships in order to match Imperial Star Destroyers and Calamari Cruisers.. and don't get me started on BC304-class ships..
    It's staggering the number of posts in he online aether over who would win a showdown between the Federation starfleet and Star Wars Imperials. There are A LOT of postings dedicated to who'd win a USS Enterprise vs. Galactica showdown.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Lionus
    that would depend largely from WHICH Enterprise it is.. after all, there's.. umm.. 6? 7? of them now..

^yes, dark side has girls and cookies.
    But here in the US, Girl Scouts are all too young to be legal...

Brian

Hi all,
    Lionheart these are ingame shots.It really is that beautiful.It is a game without end really.You can play it as much or as little as you wish. Do not expect it to have you commanding a fleet of ships overnight.You have to work for everything you get.But there are so many ways to work and it goes at your pace.

Buddha13

Lionus
    Quote Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
    But here in the US, Girl Scouts are all too young to be legal...

Brian
    Oh, I know that. not from personal experience though.

Lionus
    well, today I shall buy more time for this game so I can finally get the battlecruiser.. yeah, I've fallen to the dark side. It's just too much fun to either shoot down pirates or religious fanatics, run a multi-billion credit corp or run a huuuge cargo ship..

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    well, today I shall buy more time for this game so I can finally get the battlecruiser.. yeah, I've fallen to the dark side. It's just too much fun to either shoot down pirates or religious fanatics, run a multi-billion credit corp or run a huuuge cargo ship..
    I'll buy a game......but I'll be darned if I have to buy time to play it !!!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Sounds like you guys are having good fun.

That is one awesome looking cruiser at the top there Buddha. I think some of the EVE ships are nicer then the X3 ships. I presently have the two startup ships; freighter and exploration craft. I havent had any dogfights yet with pirates, etc. Been shot at, lol.. But I was in Jump Drive mode, so I breezed by the little attacker...

LuckyDog,

With X3, you can run it freely, but no online playing. Just the opposite of EVE. EVE though is HUGE.... REALLY REALLY HUGE! I would say thousands around the world play that game online. Its become so huge they have to keep expanding more star systems..

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Lionus
    there's usually 20k-40k online players on Eve.. at the same time. overall number of the players is estimnated to be somewhere around 300 000... there was once a massive online battle, it can be found on youtube.. it was around 500 ships in one battle.. huge furball, gigantic explosions..

[YOUTUBE]U2LHvByxM70[/YOUTUBE]

and a bigger one, with 1500 players:isadizzy:

[YOUTUBE]-9REDXTdOK8[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Bill, stay thee away from online games, they be addicting. City of Heroes/Villians and Runescape suck the life out of my two boys. One of my friends is so into WoW that he now lives two lives. Very addicting stuff, but absolutely not for me. The computer is just another tool to me and I have lots of other tools to use.

Caz

one of my best friends back home, i rarely talk to him anymore. he is into unreal tournament. he doesn't answer the phone, or call or answer emails anymore. when i am lucky enough to get ahold of him, i say "whatcha doin?"
    and the replay is always the same..."killin and blowin 5h!t up"

The worst is when you actually work for these companies and get unlimited accounts. 12 years ago, i got a "god" account on Ultima Online...and man, did i have fun torturing other players since they couldn't kill me. Years later, while at NCsoft, i played City of Heros all day (and during work, since they wanted me to study the game). I played the crap outta that game...same w/ Guild Wars....

im itching to get into EVE or X3....but it's like doing cocain...

-feng

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by FengZ View Post

im itching to get into EVE or X3....but it's like doing cocain...

-feng
    lololol.....

So true...

Lionus
    Come to EVE.. we has space pirates to shoot down, corporations to run, asteroid mining to be done, and big wars to fight..:cost1:

Members who have read this thread: 0