Any bombing tips hints or literature I can have?

Thread: Any bombing tips hints or literature I can have?

carlosandcamy

Any bombing tips hints or literature I can have?

Hello,

Just looking for some hints, tips, or literature on how to make my bombing more precise. Does anyone have any hints or literature or website(preferably directly related to CFS3) I can read up on?

I would like to finesse my bomb runs on the P51, I can't hit the broad side of a barn! Literally

Carlos

Home for tea and tiffin! BeauBrummie's Avatar
    Well it's an old adage but "practice makes perfect". Fighter bombers like the P-51 didn't have appropriate bombsights so they'd learn to use markers on the canopy or airframe that experience taught them would work. However there were manual etc for pilots but maybe someone else can help out.

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAUBRUMMIE'S CFS3 WEBSITE
    The Mosquito DBKF DH98 PROJECT
    Check out my YouTube video's
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

If all else fails, dive bomb! I use Regs Hanger Stukas for practice. I love that wailing siren. Remember to use dive brakes. I didn't know the game had any untill I looked it up in the book.

Lt. Heinz Becker

carlosandcamy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Heinz Becker View Post
    If all else fails, dive bomb! I use Regs Hanger Stukas for practice. I love that wailing siren. Remember to use dive brakes. I didn't know the game had any untill I looked it up in the book.
    wow I was not aware the p51 had speed brakes, keypad D I assume. Gonna have to give it a try when I get home.

any cannopy markers anyone can give me to use for bombing on a p51?

No, the Mustang does not have dive brakes, the Stuka does. You could try flaps with the Mustang if you wanna try to dive bomb.

Lt. Heinz Becker

Dive in from 10.000 feet or so at about 75 to 80 degrees, release at 2000-3000 feet (and pull out immediately after that or you'll make a good lawn dart) aiming directly at the target and you should do reasonably well in the beginning. The bomb strikes will probably be slightly short depending on the diving angle, adjust from there.

No flaps, they'll only throw your aim off as the aircraft won't travel straight. Just close the throttle well in advance and enter the dive at 200-250 mph.

carlosandcamy
    Quote Originally Posted by greycap.raf View Post
    Dive in from 10.000 feet or so at about 75 to 80 degrees, release at 2000-3000 feet (and pull out immediately after that or you'll make a good lawn dart) aiming directly at the target and you should do reasonably well in the beginning. The bomb strikes will probably be slightly short depending on the diving angle, adjust from there.

No flaps, they'll only throw your aim off as the aircraft won't travel straight. Just close the throttle well in advance and enter the dive at 200-250 mph.
    Thanks a bunch! that is the kind of info I was looking for. Appreciate the time, can't wait to go home and try it. Some kind of a starting point

carlosandcamy
    Weeeeeee, I got my first bridge in CFS3! Thanks to everyone.