What a way to fly our flag‏

Thread: What a way to fly our flag‏

What a way to fly our flag‏

Got this in an email.

Covers Off. Atennnn-Hut!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WEP9gwmz9hw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WEP9gwmz9hw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

"Que bonita bandera!"
    "I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy"

In hindsight, I regret not going...but the 4 hour traffic jam, the heat, the $$$ ticket prices kept me away... and only 1 B-17..............
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Don't feel bad Witt. We'll only have one B-17 at the WWII Weekend, probably some rain, and some heat. And a whole lotta people complaining about the ticket price increases. It's not gonna be a pleasurable weekend at all. And I'll probably be stuck sleeping in a soggy tent, instead of that nice dry air conditioned room at the Holiday Inn Express.. Wanna take my place????? You'll get in fer free.
    Gary -

Cerberus
    I've seen this in person a few times it is even more amazing. Worth the few dollars an airshow costs all by itself.

tigisfat
    Thank you very much!!

This is such a beautiful and glorious way to fly the flag I love and have gone to war for; this thread actually made me emotional.

Tig, the only thing I didn't like was when he landed.... Old Glory touched the ground. That is NOT supposed to happen. If it does, they way I was taught, it's supposed to be respectfully destroyed.
    Gary -

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Tig, the only thing I didn't like was when he landed.... Old Glory touched the ground. That is NOT supposed to happen. If it does, they way I was taught, it's supposed to be respectfully destroyed.
    I've actually looked this one up before, due to an argument while setting up a military ceremony here. I lost the argument. There are regulatory provisions for a Garrison flag (this one is a garrison flag) to be laid out on a clean and grassy surface. It's sometimes impossible to set it up or take it down otherwise. Sometimes tarps are laid out so that flag can be placed on the ground. I guess "the ground" is a relative term. Tarps cover the ground, and I guess grass does too.