My favorite plane
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My favorite plane

Charter Member 09

My favorite plane

I was wondering, what plane do you fly most often How many hours do you spend with a particular plane?
    I'm not one for tube liners. Too boring.
    I spend most of my time flying J-3 Cubs, DC-3s and PBYs. On occasion a Stearman or a SNJ.
    I like to fly low and slow, just looking at the scenery.
    I'm interested in what lights your board and why.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

harleyman
    My all time is Lionheart Viking....

Second now is the Kodiak , then Epic...

Besides those I like the Default Baron !

Mine would have to be the A2A Thunderbolt with accusim. I relly enjoy the added immersion that accusim can give.

A2A's P-47 with Accusim was the first payware aircraft I bought and I can't stay away from it. I've bought 4 other WWII aircraft since and although they are all good the P-47 is on another level.

I do a lot of low, cruise kind of flying but sometimes like to get way up there and let the Jug loose.
    For lower altitude ripping around I use the RealAir Spitfire or the Real Flight F6F.

Accusim is where it's at for me and I'll buy all the announced (and hinted at) projects to date.

SOH-CM-2024
    I have to agree with A2A's P-47D, I am in love with it. But it is still not my go anywhere, anytime FSX aircraft. For that I have to pick Piglet's Mini-Mite. It is my default airplane and I fly it at least 50% of the time for personal leisure flying.

It's easy to take-off, fun to fly, fast, but not too fast, easy to land on about any landing field, and it has tremendous ground handling. All controls are ready at hand and a readable and operable GPS is in the VC. There is nothing to dislike about the airplane.

Caz

harleyman
    Yup...I forgot the Mite...Its a great little package for sure....:ernae:

It changes every week it seems, but for now I'm torn between the RealAir Duke and the Aerosoft Catalina.

OK just checked my log book and the top 3 in hours are.
    Boeing B737 (Default) 44.2
    Cessna C172N (Carenado) 39.3
    Boeing B377 (A2A) 29.8

Thats a bit deceptive though as the 737 flights are usualy 3+ hours per flight and the 377 about 1 1/2 hours per flight.
    I have quite a few planes that I've flown 5+ hours in but there mostly 1/2 hour max flights.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Most hours I've flown in FSX must be FSD's Pilatus Porter, but currently my favorite is Kodiak. I've also spent countless hours in FSX's default glider.

1) the kodiak

2) carenado 182 (it would be the 206 but i just can't take the sounds)

3) the aa-5b

for default planes it's the dc-3 or the baron.

I have "moods", if you will, and no type of plane is exempt. I'll get into a heavy jet mood and fly tubes. I don't go on 2000 mile trips with them, nor with any plane. If I'm in a tube sort of mind, I'll take them up and shoot a few approaches. They're hard to land! Then I'm back in WW-II fighters. Then 1960s tactical jets. Then low and slow GA planes. I suppose if you force me to pick a favorite, it would by WW-II ships, of any sort.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Charter Member 09
    I'm hearing many great planes I haven't yet flown.
    However flying the Thunderbolt, at my age, is not a good thing to do..
    Too much adrenalin.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

I fly mostly GA and business stuff (and now in both FS9 and FSX). Faves are the FSD Piaggio P180, F1 Meridian in FS9 and Piglet's Meyers 200 and Carenado C206 in FSX.

pointy31
    LilSki's Champ/Tri-Traveler, Narcizo's Super Cub, Piglet's Meyers 200D, no special order, but Tim could easily sway me with another classic GA airplane, see avatar...:ernae:

Any of Piglets planes, Carenado's Mentor,and Bills Kodiak,and Alphasims C130.

Corenado 152, with Mod. airfile, and cfg file so to act like a larger engein upgrade. Tims Storch.
    Marvin Carter

Alaska Boing 737 is the plane of choice for me.
    Flight plan-KSEA to KPDX.
    The resons I fly this rout I have the photoreal scenery for this area and it
    is one of the most beautiful areas in the world (and of course I live here) !!! Love thesunset flights!!!

Skysim Mirage III followed lately by the straight tailed Cessna 172.
    :ernae:

Didn't quite escape.
    Because I have two installation of FS, I have two completely different logbooks to check for this one...

Vista64 install, I only have three aircraft over 4 hours - two of them are "deHavilland DHC2" at 8.9hrs and "DeHavilland DHC2" at 4.7 hours. So that's 13.6hrs in the Beaver then, which is my highest on this install. Strangely, the next one down is the CS B727-100 at 9.7hrs, CS C-130 at 6.3hrs and rounding out the top 5 is the A2A P-47 with 3.1hrs, but I tend to use that for a lot of short flights rather than cross countries.

XP32 install, 31.6hrs in the A2A B377, 30.7 in the CS C-130X, 23.6 in the default Bellicopter, 20.5 in the Aerosoft Twotter and 19.9 in the CS B757... But four of those five had significant amounts of review flying, so you do tend to clock up hours a lot doing that. Kind of like I have a heck of a lot of landings and takeoffs at Birmingham International right now.

For me the favorite plane is always the one I'm currently working on, naturally.
    Mathias

My all time favorite is the Wings of Power mustang. I estimate (dont kept a logbook in fs9) i have >1500 hours in it. For FSX i have spend most of the time in the aerosoft f-16. But with the update for the A2A mustang it is the mustang again. Also the speed is just right so i can use tileproxy with high detail resolutions.

Kind regards,

Meso
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Core 2duo E 8400 @ 3.00 GHz
    MSI 48C Platinum
    nVidia 8800GTX 768MB
    Corsair 4GB DDR 3

abrussell
    I've got 96 hours on the Kodiak, bush flying in Alaska, Yukon, and NW Territories. This one has to be my all time favorite, followed by the Piper Seneca I used for my RTW.
    Bruce

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    For me the favorite plane is always the one I'm currently working on, naturally.
    and what one would that be?

My favs:

CH Fw190
    RF F6F
    A2A P-47
    AF F4U

So many planes, so little time... :isadizzy: I've been spending quite a bit of time in Carenado's 182RG and ES's Twinkie, but lately I've been logging a lot of time in the PBY Cat, learning to fly her properly...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA 790i Ultra | Q9450 @ 3.2GHz | PNY XLR8 OC 9800GTX 512Mb | 4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | 2x WD 150Gb Raptor X RAID 1 (OS) | WD 300Gb VelociRaptor (FSX) | WD 640Gb Caviar (Data) | WD 500 & 160Gb External HD's | ASUS 20X DVD | Coolmax 1200W PSU | ASUS Silent Knight II HSF | Antec 900 case | Samsung 2443BWX | XP Pro SP3

Even though I have since flown such wonderful aircraft as Aerosoft's Catalina and the A2A P-47 (with accusim), my favourite aircraft would still have to be the Digital Aviation Dornier Do-27. I just love it.
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'