Power Supply Wattage Calculator

Thread: Power Supply Wattage Calculator

Power Supply Wattage Calculator

I stumbled across this and thought it might be useful for those who are contemplating up grading their video cards to accommodate the new ETO add on.

It's very important to have proper power and to meet the minimum requirements for your devices. This is from Asus but it allows for generic selections.

http://support.asus.com/PowerSupplyC...Language=en-us

Cheers

TW
    PTO RS MP Missions nights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quLMot-_Vik

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think that's the one I stumbled across a while back and didn't bookmark. Thank you, TW!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Probably an "I knew that already" comment....

But minumum power requirement like the ASUS tool shows you does not take overclocked and/or overvoltaged components into consideration....so if you have a 600w PSU, and the tools reccomends 500w or 550w...but you have the CPU, memory, and gpu OC'd a bit (or as far as they can go) you need to add something like 125w for medium CPU OC, 60W for medium RAM OC, and about 185w for low GPU OC....making your true minimum recce 835w PSU......
    What do you call 2 Marines watching an Infantry Company in the valley below? An Ambush!!! :tgun2:

What evar

Quote Originally Posted by rouge34rtw View Post
    Probably an "I knew that already" comment....

But minumum power requirement like the ASUS tool shows you does not take overclocked and/or overvoltaged components into consideration....so if you have a 600w PSU, and the tools reccomends 500w or 550w...but you have the CPU, memory, and gpu OC'd a bit (or as far as they can go) you need to add something like 125w for medium CPU OC, 60W for medium RAM OC, and about 185w for low GPU OC....making your true minimum recce 835w PSU......
    Probably an "effin obvious comment"

Most any one who overclocks understands the principles of power requirements. This post was to help out those who perhaps don't know such things and might require some assistance or benefit from the information.

Thanks for contributing..............?

TW
    PTO RS MP Missions nights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quLMot-_Vik

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I thought i would add that comment because when I was first toying with OC'ing my rig, I didn't think about the increase in power consumption and spent a week troubleshooting a computer that would only run for 3 to 5 minutes and shut off. I eliminated under powered as a possible cause because the Asus tool told me I had plenty....but I had not been overclocking long enough to automatically factor in the additional wattage draw.....I just don't want anyone else to have to feel as dumb as I did....My girlfriend had been telling me all week that I didn't have enough power.......

The Asus PSU tool is a terrific tool to use, I am glad you mentioned it here...
    What do you call 2 Marines watching an Infantry Company in the valley below? An Ambush!!! :tgun2: