The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 86
Page 86 of 1008 FirstFirst ... 3676787980818283848586878889909192939496136186586 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 25194

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

This one was at the bottom of the archive steamer trunk.

Not anything from Handley-Page. Actually, you can strike the UK off your list...

Lorraine engines ?? I'm struggling here.

Here is where it gets interesting (if not already). The engines are Hispano-Suiza but it's not French either!

Koshiki a3 an early japanese project. I knew I saw it somewhere...

Sorry to post without waiting for the confirmation (if I made a mistake please ignore) but I'm living for some beach adventure in a few minutes...
    Here's another twin
    I won't be back in the next days so proceed without me

Well done on the Koshiki, fasm.

Your new one is a Belgian, the L.A.C.A.B. GR8.

Time for a stinker - I will accept two different answers for this fighter ! (Although the correct one gets an extra )

to fasm on the Koshiki!

Napier Lion engine? Hmm.

Well spotted, Kevin. This machine is the licence-built version of one by a very famous manufacturer of those times..

Has a Russian feel but not turning anything up.

Close. The original design was from Western Europe, this one further east.......

Right, nothing doing here. The machine is a Lithuanian Memel AFG 1, which is in fact an Albatros L65.

Here's a wee floater of some interest

Well, now we know what Uncle Joe was doing with all that plywood out in the barn!

Isn't that an Origami Special ?

Sorry folks, couldn't help.

I'm off for 2 weeks, Austria hier komme ich! Take care all.

Sounds great Yann. Have a good time. Some of us are stuck in the blast furnace (Texas).

Enjoy the Sachertorte, Yann !

Kevin, before you expire from heat exhaustion, I can tell you that the wee floater was designed as a submarine accessory.

Hurricane
    I have the very good mushroom book on japanese submarine aircraft and can't find any reference in there so it would appear its not from the far east?

I've heard all about those Japanese mushrooms, James ! No, this is European, and an early one.......

James, I too trolled through some early Japanese stuff but then went with my second hunch and found Lefty's wee wet one:

LFG V-19 of 1918. Without the submarine clue I doubt I would have found it.

Will be away until tomorrow afternoon. Hate to hold up the show so here is the next one-

First guess here --hopefully I am right ..a Tugan LJW7 Gannet or also known as a Wackett Gannet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tugan_Gannet

On behalf of Moses, Naki, welcome to the thread !

You are, of course, correct with the Gannet - unless Moses found a Chinese copy - but if you look carefully you can see where he photoshopped out the kangaroo....

Over to you for a new mystery.

Welcome Naki. You were on the right track but actually this is not a Gannet at all! It's not anything license built in China either. There is a New Zealand connection here...

Mystery is still on the board-

Cockatoo Docks & Engineering LJW.6 Codock??

Bingo!

Before Mr. Wackett built his Gannet, he undertook a project for Sir Charles Kingsford Smith in 1933 to build an airliner for a proposed New Zealand line. The result was the one-off Codock.

Over to DHC2Pilot-

Members who have read this thread: 90