The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 998

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

You guys are speaking my language! (Sort of hehe) Not a Gibson Flying V2 or a Fender Stratovercaster in the stable though. I do have a 2018 vintage black Fender Jazzmaster which is in heavy rotation these days.

Onward with a new mystery...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JM.jpg  

Ahhh, takes me back to my student days in the early 60's when I used to drool over full-page Fender ads in Downbeat. Trouble was, even if you could afford them (I couldn''t), it was impossible to buy American instruments in those days.

Many years later, when times (and finances!) had changed, I went a different route.....(it's an original '73)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LP73.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by pomme homme View Post
    Yep, made in North America; photographed in South America; apparently now in New Zealand. This is the prototype Transland AG-2 when it was CX-AYC. Suds to Kevin.

So what will be the next aeronautical mystery from Texas. A Gibson Flying V2?
    Was (and still is, I think, even though he has sold his topdressing business) owned by Hallett Griffin of Kairanga Aviation, along with some other very nice ag planes.

NZ Civil Aircraft: Hallett Griffin's Other Ag Planes (nzcivair.blogspot.com)

The AG-2 is now under cover and there is some talk of a restoration to airworthy status. Some interesting stuff here, including contributions from the families of people involved in the original project. Do any of you know if this has ever been modelled for flightsim?

Picture of Transland Ag-2 Restoration? | Wings Over New Zealand (proboards.com)
    Andy

So we've got lead and rhythm guitars - where are the bass, the drums and the Vox AC-30s?
    Last edited by pomme homme; June 19th, 2023 at 02:43.

Guitars and planes... hmmm...

So what guitar did Jerry Cantrell use? 'cause Jerry is from Tacoma. So is (sort of...) Robert Cray, who prefers Fender Stratocasters.

However, though they have both travelled extensively, I think neither has seen a Lockheed Explorer like the "City of Tacoma".

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Nice Les Paul Mike. I'm partial to black instruments. (I have a 1978 black Musicman Stingray bass so we just need a vocalist and drummer!).

Rob is of course spot on with the City of Tacoma Lockheed.

Thanks Kevin! (there's a faint ghost of a Lockheed logo under the cockpit - thanks for the hint, too.)

So If I bang my head on the desk whilst screaming in frustration could we make it a grunge band (that'd be your vocals and drums)

Here's a seedy little critter that, in another form, made an appearance here some years ago. I liked it not so much for it's aesthetics but it has quite a nice story attached - to be revealed later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SOH 19-6-2023.jpg  

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

........ not from Lockheed, but it is a Shooting Star ......

meanwhile, here's my 1979 Fender Lead ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

With a meteoric rise to astronomical heights at the top of the charts SC gets the Grumpy (crotchety brother of Grammy)

The story begins with the General Western P-2-S Meteor http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contri...kins/10759.htm
    but do continue on to the end...

alas, I'd rather have this red fender

........ thanks ! - if you're gonna have one of those, it has to be red !

........ on with a very neat little number ........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mystery.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Sopwith Chameleon View Post

here's my 1979 Fender Lead
    You don't see many of those out in the wild as they had a very short run. Interesting.

So drums and amps are all that now are required ..... !

Quote Originally Posted by pomme homme View Post
    So we've got lead and rhythm guitars - where are the bass, the drums and the Vox AC-30s?
    I got the bass!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230620_174105[1].jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	282.7 KB 
ID:	91145

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    You don't see many of those out in the wild as they had a very short run. Interesting.
    ...... indeed its a rare beast - never seen another one ........

....... on with the mystery, its not from Tibet, but sounds as if it might be ......

...... indeed its a rare beast - never seen another one ........

....... on with the mystery, its not from Tibet, but sounds as if it might be ......
    Well it can't be a Yeti, because that is a Skoda car. It can't be a Lama because that is a helicopter .... unless it just reincarnated as a helicopter. Nope, think I'm stumped on this one.
    Andy

Icon12

OK - time to move on - it's the YAK UT-21 - Open House please

OK - time to move on - it's the YAK UT-21 - Open House please
    One of the many variations of the UT-1.

Something a little more up to date?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mystery.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	204.7 KB 
ID:	91151
    Andy

No? It is possibly a little closer to Tibet than SC's last mystery.
    Andy

I suspect that this means that it is Chinese, but what I know about modern Chinese helicopters could be inscribed on a pin head leaving room to spare!

The other side side of the mountain.

And all I know about modern Chinese helicopters is that they are largely Eurocopters wearing new clothes, apart from the supposedly new Harbin Z-20 which is very obviously a reverse engineered Black Hawk.
    Andy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211120_165038.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	91164Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prachand-LCH-2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	91165

Indeed. Over to you Chris.
    Andy

from a well know manufacture.

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WOTJun24.jpg  

Boeing NB-3

That didn't take long
    looking forward to next item