The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 796

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Another view of the first He 46b and the second He 46b with a four-blade prop, radio antennae and a different tail skid. The engine cowling is also different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heinkel He 46b, Luftfahrt-Geschichte 3-1974, S 4.jpg   Heinkel He 46b-2, Luftfahrt-Geschichte 3-1974, S 5.jpg  

According to a source I have first with SAM22b was 46c. So I assume previous all had Jupiter.

Chris

And finally another view of the second He 46b.

Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img335.jpg  

We'll leave the Heinkel debate and award a beer to Kevin for his correct identification of the Pescara whirlyjob. Over to Texas.........

Thanks Mike.

Been some time since we had a trimotor.

It looks like one of the new electric planes. Still looking for the extension cord.

Chris

Somebody found a box of Piaggio P.180 parts but with no assembly instructions ?

A'liss this is a d'eviation from the normal offerings!

Yes it is Mike and it looks like you have outed this prototype!

Carry on Sir.

For the accounting dept:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eviation_Alice

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    A prototype has not even flown yet, and they already try to puzzle us.
    Any idea when they will decide what kind of landing gear will be chosen?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alice tri-gear.jpg  

Thank you, Kevin. Judging by the posts preceding mine, I suspect that I wasn't the only person to recognise this new fangled Israeli aeroplane.

Now I know that some of you chaps like a floater .....

Quote Originally Posted by pomme homme View Post
    Thank you, Kevin. Judging by the posts preceding mine, I suspect that I wasn't the only person to recognise this new fangled Israeli aeroplane.

With being coy all the rage I had to wait for someone to actually put something down that was tangible!

Hmmm, I suspect this ancient biplane floater isn't much older than the electric job above.....looks like a Lycoming or similar. Some new French toy ?

Much, maybe not. Older, oh definitely. French, bien sûr!

Arezzo (Italy) one of the beautiful tuscan hilltowns
    Blog Entries
    PS: BTW was the pic taken in the "Baie des Anges"?

I don't think so, Carlo, because the other side seems too close - unless it's in the inlet between Cap de Nice and Cap-Ferrat. Anyhow, I don't have much knowledge of that part of the French Riviera. It's too posh for a peasant like me!

I wouldn't be surprised, with all the electricity around us, if the small floating toy might be driven by an electric engine with batteris somewhere in the fuselage....also the Aéronavale anchor seems to be a fake!
    Cheers
    Carlo

Nope. You'd be wrong, Carlo. There's a 100 hp Hirth tucked behind the upper wing. But I'm with you on the anchor!

But you're all missing the obvious. It's a sesquiplane. What's missing from the trailing edge of the upper wing? What's unusual about the control system? Why does it have features in common with another aeroplane that featured here not that long ago? Thinking caps on, please!

The name of this floater, if translated literally into English and its syllables are then reversed, might sound like a rather posh London borough and a well-known English football team!

This is becoming a tad wearying, Mike ! Posh area/football team has to be Chelsea = Seashell = coquillage ? Can't find one......

No, no, no, you're trying too hard, Mike. Right borough, right football club, but the result is seachel. You've only got to tweak that a little. Think about the French word for the sort of aeroplanes that operate off the sea and then add the chel to that. And if you help yourself by reference to the clue I offered at 21:36 yesterday, you can't help but identify this floater! But if you can't, I'll do so before I turn in tonight.

Argh! No ailerons. Pivoting wing. His Dragon landplane has appeared here before. Cryptic clues don't do anything. I give in. It's the Dalby Hydrochel. Open house!

Nice little monoplane parasol

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WOTSept13.jpg  

An American Moth perhaps?
    _
    gX

American Moth or Vulcan V-1

Right on. I was just about to give a clue.

Over to you

Chris

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    A prototype has not even flown yet, and they already try to puzzle us.
    Any idea when they will decide what kind of landing gear will be chosen?
    Any idea if they have considered an engine out situation of one of the wing mounted engines, or are they just concentrating on the wing tip vortices?
    Keith