The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 1003

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

It is indeed. Over to you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miles_merchantman.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	289.5 KB 
ID:	91627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Miles_M71_Merchantman+.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	295.0 KB 
ID:	91626
    Andy

Four engines....slaps head. The endless 42C days have weakened my resolve.

Apologies for the delay. Leaving British aircraft, but without going far, what's this?

The name of this three seat monoplane partly reflects the manufacturer of the carburetor serving the 95 hp Salmson 7ac motor which powered it.

I would have thought that someone would have taken a stab at this one by now, particularly as I left a clue in the image which I posted and pictures of this aircraft are on wikipedia .....

I doubt that I will surprise anyone when I say that this aeroplane is French. It dates from 1929 and participated in that year's International Tourist Challenge. Its designer/manufacturer was active in the aviation industry, producing both powered machines and gliders, from the early 1920s to the late 1950s, his name usually being conjugated with that of whoever was then his business partner.

Guerchais-Henriot 5

I'm not into civil aircraft but followed your lead on company names and dates to track it down.

Chris

Exactly so. It's the Guerchais-Henriot 5 F-AJHD. Over to you, Chris.

flying wing

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WOTAug28.jpg  

I always Marske the serials a little more neatly that that. The Marske XM-1.
    Andy

I pass the baton to you. Good Find.

I asking all you expert airplane people. I'm looking for a picture of the Russian Gulfstream G-II "Black 62" c/n:62 used 1992-1998. I put together I believe all the Gulfstream used by Gov't and AF's but can't find the Russian one.

Thanks

Chris

I can find pictures of the G-1159 post-Russian service, but I'd guess you have that info already.

I don't think this one has been posted before, but my current obsession with aquatic aircraft threw this one up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Splash.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	91662
    Andy

Lovely. From one self-confessed floater freak to another, I'm delighted to see this. It's the Boeing 204 Courier from 1928-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Lovely. From one self-confessed floater freak to another, I'm delighted to see this. It's the Boeing 204 Courier from 1928-ish.
    It is indeed. To be strictly accurate the photo is of the C-204 Thunderbird built by Boeing Canada, but a nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat, as Eric Idle would say. I was rather surprised it had not been suggested before.

My interest in all things floaty has sharpened recently, as I now find myself living by the River Medway, directly across from that wonderfully evocative view of the Castle & Cathedral that features in so many photographs of Shorts boats. I'm actually looking for a new place to rent at the moment and one that has caught my eye is right next to the old site of the Rochester Works.

Anyway, over to you Lefty.
    Andy

Sorry chaps - Friday is my busiest day of the week and I got, er, sidetracked !
    However it is now lazy Saturday so let''s continue Andy's theme with a nice easy floater.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bfff33.jpg  

Nope, you don't get me that easily!!
    Andy

Well I'll just have to post a give-away photo, then........Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bigfloater.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	91678

........ its the sole Short S14 Sarafand ......

Phew!!!

If anybody comes across a decent 3-view of the Sarafand could they please let me know.
    Andy

Short Sarafand 3 View

Best I could find

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SARAFAND 3 View.pdf  

Better than anything I've found to date, thanks Chris.
    Andy

The Chameleon has it ! The last of the great biplane flying boats, and a thing of beauty to those of us who think that way !

............ and continuing the theme of things close to Lefty's heart ......

............. but not so pretty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mystery.jpg  

One of the later incarnations of Igor Chyetverikov's MDR-6, at a guess the MDR-6B-4 with the Klimov VK-107 engines?

I am spending far too much time on the Seawings site.
    Andy

Members who have read this thread: 90