The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 439

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

..... and more curious still is that I'd visited this website within the very recent past - but I don't know why, as it is well beyond my usual sphere of interest. Thus when I saw the image it sent a mild shiver down my spine - as a result of a sense of déjà vu!

Thanks Moses - but it looks like PH got much closer to the answer than I did. Busy period here and travelling soon so I'll declare open house.

Have a good Easter.
    Cheers.

Here's something probably well known, although in this image missing significant parts of its whole, to keep the ball rolling .....

As to the Inland W-600, all I did was to post another copy of the original photo. I don't think that I even got the answer right. And if I did, if it was an Inland Sport variant, then I can hardly claim much credit as Green had put up of photograph of exactly that aeroplane!

SOH-CM-2023
    Luton Minor?
    Keith

edit...on second thoughts the cockpit is too far aft.

No, wrong country.

I'm surprised, you gentlemen back in the old country, that you haven't recognised this little avion yet. The French have allowed you to take two of them back to blighty and put them on the register there (although I think that neither are airworthy at the moment). However that's twice the number that, I believe, are active in France at present. C'est triste!

I've been holding off, because I'm away for most of the week so will probably have to declare OH if I'm correct.

Is this the Brochet Pipistrelle ?

It is indeed, lefty. Which places the ball in your court - either to play it or allow someone else to serve it.

And if I may, tomorrow I'll post an unobscured copy of the photograph I used - because if I've read correctly the registration that appears to be on the fuselage, it appears not to be one of the homebuilt Pipistrelles that are recorded and it doesn't appear to be a new homebuild bearing an officially allocated foxtrot papa registration.

Thanks PH - in fact I have a wee chappie here ready - from the Fifties - I imagine someone will get it (especially if a certain Dutchman is lurking) so please proceed....

PS - wonder if this is a high or mid-wing ...........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mshh66.jpg  

Here's the unexpurgated photo of the Pipistrelle airframe. The registration looks to be something like F-PRZR but, according to the DGAC website, that registration mark appears not to have been issued (indeed, in the F-PRZ# range, only F-PRZZ seems to have been issued). The photograph came from the à vendre section of the RSA website, some years ago, when this aeroplane was being offered for sale. Can anyone more knowledgeable than me - or more adept in the black arts of Photoshop - identify this aeroplane?

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mike
    Maybe a shoulder wing?
    Does your photo show the entire fleet of Billman "Little Pink Cloud" aircraft?.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi PH
    My guess is that it is c/n 8 which was originally known as F-PHZB. The new registration F-PRZB was (according to Fox-Papa publication) reserved by Jean-Philippe Avenel so it could be this was actually painted on the aircraft.

Thank you, Walter. That's most helpful.

Hi chaps

Walter, as anticipated, nailed the Little Pink Cloud, so over to the Netherlands......

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Mike
    I donot think this one was posted before (checked search).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lwwfg.jpg  

SOH-CM-2023
    Benes-Mraz Be 51 ?
    Keith

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Keith
    Sorry, not from former Czechoslovakia

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    The aircraft is post-war and was a prototype which was followed by a second prototype and 5 production examples, differing in engine.

SOH-CM-2023
    Ahhh, not that far away then....its the LWD Zuch SP-BAD
    Keith

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Keith!
    SP-BAD it is

Your turn, please

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks Wout, I need that bevvy after doing a bit of garden digging for SWMBO!
    Anyway here is my offering, hope its not been posted before.
    Keith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ac58 .jpg  

This is the Lelievre Monoplane of 1913. Note the chain drive to keep the prop from digging up weeds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lelievre.jpg   Lelievre plan.jpg  

SOH-CM-2023
    Well done Moses .
    I could not find very much info on the beast apart from my one photo & his name. So your additional info very good.
    Your turn sir!
    Keith

Thanks Keith.

Here is a curious one to consider.

It looks rather Hurel-Dubois. Except it isn't any HD recorded - as far as I am aware!

Members who have read this thread: 78