The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 603

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Arezzo (Italy) one of the beautiful tuscan hilltowns
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    A nice little trainer in the HT-2, AERO 2, DHC-1 . RG-6, Laz-7-3, I-115 etc. style.
    She reminds me of a Zlin Z126 Trener 2....mmmh
    Cheers
    BG (Carlo)

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Carlo
    Not a Zlin, sorry

She's a Hungarian girl - all red boots and petticoats.... the Pajtás trainer MPB-1 by Lampich (HA-BAA)

(Note to Moderators - editing function not working properly!)

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mike
    That is her . I have seen her also described as D-20 and MBP-01.
    Please introduce us to one of your other girls

It is becoming very difficult to find something that will last more then ten minutes here... The combined knowledge of our regulars is formidable.

Here's one that I think has not appeared here before, and which is a good-looking machine......although the tail looks a bit of an afterthought
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails smoothie.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    It is becoming very difficult to find something that will last more then ten minutes here... The combined knowledge of our regulars is formidable.

Here's one that I think has not appeared here before, and which is a good-looking machine......although the tail looks a bit of an afterthought
    This is a Nennig C5....
    Cheers
    BG (Carlo)

Not a but the!

BG has it with the one and only C.5

Over to Tuscany - getting warm now, Carlo ?

Blog Entries
    BG has it with the one and only C.5

Over to Tuscany - getting warm now, Carlo ?
    Thanks Lefty.....no we have a very unsettled May with heavy snow in the Alps and stormy weather in Tuscany generally...I'm struggling for a decent offer to submit...hope to revert in the next couple of hours...cheers
    Carlo
    Sorry boys and girls....my image hoster is presently overloaded and don't know when it's going to work again therefore I'll let somebody else go ahead...I'll take the next streetcar up...
    Cheers
    BG (Carlo)
    Last edited by Baragouin; May 8th, 2017 at 06:46.

Blog Entries
    Well it seems like it's working again...here she goes
    Cheers
    BG

I'd say a Nuvoli N.5T from Carlo's homeland.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    I'd say a Nuvoli N.5T from Carlo's homeland.
    ...and that's exactly what she is (I-COLB)...your turn Moses
    Cheers
    BG (Carlo)

Thanks Carlo.

This one is a bit of a chameleon which I don't think has appeared previously.

Hmm, anonymity indeed. Lots of Caudron in wings and tail, but suspect it is a lot more obscure than that. Looks European ?

Well Mike, your Caudron thought is reasonable.

This bomber/fighter (they could not make up their mind I guess), had several engine options. In this case an inline Fiat.

couldn't it then be the #99 in the Caudron series? i.e. the Caudron C.99
    _
    gX

It could! A refreshment for gX and over to you.

(Lefty gets a shot of whiskey for sniffing out the make.)

Well I just added one and one (to yield 99)

Let's try this if you don't mind
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails j5j5j5.jpg  
    _
    gX

If I were ever able to get into AviaFrance again..............but today I was away to the movies - the remake of 'Whisky Galore' - one of the great Scottish tales.......

Gx - where did you find the C.99 ?????

And what do you call this new one ? A semi-bi-sesqui-triplane ???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by giruXX View Post
    couldn't it then be the #99 in the Caudron series? i.e. the Caudron C.99
    Hello Giru!
    would you mind telling me (us) where I could find some information About the Caudron C99? AFAIK no information over the net or Aviafrance.
    Thanks
    Cheers!
    BG (Carlo)

........but today I was away to the movies - the remake of 'Whisky Galore' - one of the great Scottish tales.......
    Sacrilege! Why must they try to gild the lily? Compton MacKenzie must be turning in his grave (I hope that he wasn't cremated). It demonstrates the intellectual poverty of the film industry that they have to 'remake', rather than re-release, such films. What next? A 'remake' of Kind Hearts & Coronets ? Will they never learn? Usually they spend a fortune on these 'remakes', only to see them 'bomb'.

Sorry, gentlemen. Rant over. Back to the aeroplanes ......

Edit: Compton MacKenzie was buried on Barra - so I suspect that he's spinning!

Quote Originally Posted by Baragouin View Post
    Hello Giru!
    would you mind telling me (us) where I could find some information About the Caudron C99? AFAIK no information over the net or Aviafrance.
    Thanks
    Cheers!
    BG (Carlo)
    It appears that there's a good deal on the C.99 online - in Flight, Les Ailes and l'Aerophile. The latter has a photograph of it (q,v. http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k6554816n/f412).

Two more from l'aerophile about the Caudron, the first is probably Kevin's source

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k6567596v/f88.item

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt...item.r=caudron

Nice picture, Uli

Caudron C.99

Caudron C.99

The Caudron C.99 was a two-bay biplane designed as an A2 (army co-operation/light bombing ) type. Janes 1925 reported that it had unequal span wings with the top wing being longer than the lower wing. Construction was entirely of wood. The engine mounts were made up of steel rods which supported two wooded cross braces. The metal mounting bars attached to the fuselage spars. This arrange- ment permitted a variety of motors to be fitted. Contemporary French litera- ture shows a 300-hp Fiat A-12 engine being placed, but Janes 1925 reports that the C.99 displayed at the Salon had a 450-hp Hispano-Suiza engine. The Fiat was allegedly chosen because a Balkan state reportedly had a number of these engines in storage and needed an airframe to utilise them. A Chausson radiator was placed in the nose of the aircraft, beneath the engine. Defensive armament consisted of a synchronised Vickers machine gun fitted in the nose and fired by the pilot, a ventral Vickers machine gun firing through a tunnel in the bootom of the fuselage, and two Vickers machine guns on a ring mount first by the observer. There was a TSF unit and a cam- era for vertical or oblique photography. Offensive armament consisted of up to 120 kg of bombs (usually twelve 10 kg bombs) fitted to racks underneath the wings.The eventual fate of the C.99 is not known, but given the fact that no military orders were forthcoming (despite the clever engine option), it is likely that only the single machine was built.

Caudron C.99 two-seat army cooperation aircraft with a 450-hp His- pano- Suiza engine [/B]Wing span 14.00 m; length 9.70 m ; height 3.25 m; wing area 48.00 sq m (Janes states 44 sq m) Empty weight 1,175 kg; loaded weight 1,175 kg; Maximum speed 200 km/h (Janes states 225 km/hr); ceiling 7,500 m; en- durance 3 hours and 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Baragouin View Post
    Hello Giru!
    Thanks
    Cheers!
    BG (Carlo)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caudron_C.99
    _
    gX

Members who have read this thread: 78