The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 180

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Nothing but dead ends. A clue would be helpful here. Speaking for myself though.

Judging from the windblown chap, it might be a German (or possibly Freddie Mercury's father)...

Walter Junior engine. When I said west of Transylvania, I meant west - very west........(and not Irish !)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    When I said west of Transylvania, I meant west - very west........(and not Irish !)
    Espana?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    Espana?
    Si, señor......

This must be the Adaro 1.E.7 Chirta!

It is indeed. Like pulling teeth.......

Hurricane should get a pint as well. Didn't venture near Espana until his post.

What's this then?

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Kevin,
    third shoe-box from the left (thats the hand with the thumb on the right), miscellaneous, the Turbay T-11 Cacique (aka as Alaire AL-1)

Spot on as always with these types.

Over to you-

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    On a b/w photo this one looks black. Wonder what the true colour was :mixedsmi:

Stylish, Italian, has to be black.......

Agusta P.110

OH, please, I'm suffering a nasty head/throat/chest lurgy and am going to bed to feel miserable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Stylish, Italian, has to be black.......

Agusta P.110

OH, please, I'm suffering a nasty head/throat/chest lurgy and am going to bed to feel miserable.
    ...not red?
    Sounds like you need a hot tottie instead of a beer Lefty. I'm sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Hope you get well soon.

John

Hot Toddy For Lefty. Get well.

Traditional Scottish Recipe

Pour a shot of Scotch into a cup and add boiling water to it. Add a spoonful of honey or sugar. Add a half slice of lemon, two cloves and, if available, a cinnamon stick. Let brew for three to five minutes.

Depending on preference, the cloves and cinnamon stick can be removed before drinking, although leaving them in is often said to make a toddy even better for clearing a blocked nose and relieving a head cold.

Oh, and here is a fun one to hold you all over until Lefty drags out of bed.

That guy in the picture is probably thinking "What in the name of Christ......?"

He is giving that main wheel a good looking at. The plane's designer was better known for his flying boats...

The fuselage looks like it could be from an Aeronca C-3 Master (late model with additional stringers) along with the wings. Hmmm......

Not a Aeronca but you are in the right timeframe more or less...

I think we have the Hall Aluminum Monoped here......

Mike has dragged himself to the computer to spot the Monoped. Apparently it flew rather well despite the unfortunate looks.

Better have a hot cider this time. ---->

The throat was so bad I couldn't even get the toddy down last night.

Things are looking up though. OH please.........

Things were looking up. The one thing a man with a heavy head cold really doesn't need is a sustained nosebleed. Fun fun fun !

In the hope that I'll still be with you tomorrow to check answers, I'll post this amazing machine, a canard V-8 powered floater with its vertical tail surfaces tucked under the port wing.

If you don't hear from Lefty again, I've done a Captain Oates and taken a stroll in the blizzard............ :salute:

Ah, a canard pusher. Right up my alley. This is the Aeromarine Flying Boat from 1909. There is a fin under each wing btw. Just hard to see the other in your photo.

In case Captain Mike does not make it back in a timely manner, here is the next one.

I'm thinking its the Loughead F.1 Landplane

Hmmmm........

http://books.google.com/books?id=Atq...20boat&f=false

New York businessman Inglis M. Uppercu founded the Aeromarine Plane and Motor Company in New Jersey in March 1914. Initially the Boland Aeroplane Company, Uppercu renamed the firm Aeromarine when Boland died in a crash and his widow sold Uppercu control. Uppercu developed the Boland designs and later contributed to the flying-boat field. A military order enabled Aeromarine to begin mass production. Aeromarine employed 900 employees at the war's peak, and produced some 300 aircraft during the war.

Glad to see you're still hangin' in there Mike.

Members who have read this thread: 83