The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 135

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

I found a match to the fuselage, however this version has an inline engine - not sure if that would constitute the same model / designation....the Bordelaise (Dyle et Bacalan) DB.80???

It's actually the DB.81. Well done, sir.

Ran across this while searching for the last one........

That Sir, is a Loring RB.

Absolutely. Ball is in your court.

Here is one the whole family can ride in...

Note: It did fly!

And this is the man who had the temerity to call my last mystery, a noble example of Gallic aesthetics, an 'ugly cuss.'

Where does that leave your aerial perambulator, sir ?????

Not so much ugly as functional. It doubles as a bathtub.

Here is a bigger picture I just found-

Not obscure. The builder had some successful designs early on.

It looks a bit like one of those Benoist/Jannus designs but can't find one with all those pram wheels.....

From your side of the pond...

White flag - I've just sat through a club committee meeting and am losing the will to live.......

Better reveal before Lefty becomes bedridden. This is the Voisin Hydro-Aerobus or Icare of 1912. Thought the tail might be a subtle clue.

How about this little bug?

She's all yours Mike - I'm proclaiming ignorance when it comes to whirly's.

Not my forte either, John, but I do know the Flying Washing Machine when I see it - the Bendix Model J.

Thank you. Here's a not-very-difficult floater - but this is a nice photo which shows off its elegant lines.....

This is the LeO H-246 of 1937.

Lefty mentioned in a PM that he might be offline for a while due to computer issues so I will go ahead with the next one. Fairly confident on the big LeO flying boat.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    A monoplane single for you all-<o></o>

Honestly don't think I've ever seen this particular gent' before. Has a definate Russian flavor to it. I'll throw out a wild guess of the Nemen Khai-2 (of which I don't have a photo, however it should be very similar to the Khai-1 with a fixed gear). Seems to match what I'm seeing in your photo.

It's not a Kharkov, don't even think it's Russian (pic is far too good quality!)

I was thinking US, although it bears a strong resemblance to a couple of Argentinian numbers, the FMA21 and Ae T.1.

Not Russian. Lefty might be on the right trail. This one surfaced briefly for military duty.

FMA Ae.MS.1 of 1935?

A frosty brew for John. This one was used as an ambulance.

Lefty had the inside track but didn't quite see it though.

The ones which seem to last the longest are (seemingly) the easiest, so without further delay I present this:
    Mike, you can have a sip or two of my beer since you led me right to that last one. Thanks bud!

Members who have read this thread: 80