The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 934

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Thanks Kevin - I must have missed that episode....

Here is a very smart and clean design for a two-seater....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails runabout.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    The PT-22 was a North Korean stand-in from the TV show M*A*S*H. for Mike.
    "Five O'clock Charlie"
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0638238/

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Good grief, I can remember that episode! Didn't the aeroplane come in at the same time each day attempting, unsuccessfully, to bomb an ammunition dump close to the field hospital?

Right, no takers on my nice two-seater. Well it is from this side of the Atlantic, from a very well-known maker, but only a couple were produced..to speed things up, I'll give another grainier view, which will give it away immediately...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails giveaway.jpg  

Yakovlev Yak-20?

Yes Mike - that 'radiator grille' is very Yakky ! Over to you -

Thank you, Mike. Here's a grainy image of an oddity that's neither fish nor fowl!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wossit.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	191.8 KB 
ID:	83917

That's close enough for me, Chris. The book from which I took the picture captions it as the 1923 Berliner Helicoplane, which was Emile Berliner's fifth rotary wing machine. The caption goes on to say, without apparent irony, that it "combined almost every known flight mechanism". But even this did not allow it to put more than a couple of metres between it and terra firma!

Nice homebuilt in Aerofiles no pix

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WOTAug12.jpg  

Sadly Chris, since the search function in Aerofiles became defunct, it is now somewhat tedious to look for anything.
    That's a very neat-looking machine, though, and the pilot/owner looks rightly pleased with himself ! Would that be the Californian coastline, perhaps ?

Idaho has a coastline ?

No the company was from Idaho.

Over to Texas your hard to fool.

Chris

I am a fool!

Moses special, a twin boom pusher. Makes me think of Walter as he liked these post war types.

That looks like the student project from the Northrop Aeronautical Institute.

Thanks, Kevin.

Here is a similar looking aircraft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7F46E081-4E89-4823-AE90-0C4C1456A8D8.jpg  

Is that the SIPA S.200 Minijet?

SOH-CM-2023
    SIPA 200 Minijet?
    Keith

PH beat me to it by 1 minute!!!

Assuming that Keith and I are correct, Robert, please award the next challenge to Keith as I have nothing which is waiting and ready to go!

It is the SIPA Minijet, Mike.

I was hoping that with this point of view where the jet exhaust isn't visible the SIPA might look like a prop aircraft.

Santé to both of you

Since Mike doesn't have a new mystery, do you have a new challenge for us, Keith?

Supplementary question, Robert. Where is that photo taken ? And how does the Firefly fit in ? Just curious....

Mike, the Firefly has Dutch insignia (which I cut off) and according to the article the photo was taken in Gilze-Rijen.

You can find the article (in Dutch) in the following link with some additional photos of the Minijet.

https://issuu.com/knvvl/docs/luchtva...ment=new-links

My Dutch isn't very good but as I understand the article the RNLAF had some interest in that plane.

Members who have read this thread: 85