The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 660

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

I think this is the "M-3" (the only designation I could find) converted from a KAI-12 sailplane.

Unfortunately my knowledge of the Russian language is close to nil.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    hi fabulousfour
    The M-3 it is. M standing for a Mr. Masterov. I have bits and pieces scattered on my harddisk and trying to make a good soup from them.

Your turn, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    I have bits and pieces scattered on my harddisk and trying to make a good soup from them.
    I didn't realise times were so hard in Holland, Walter. I'll send a wee food parcel from Scotland - some haggis, perhaps ? and some left-over Christmas pudding ?

Some pictures of the "M-3" can be found here and here, however the text without Google translator is completely cryptic to me.
    Perhaps there are some photos included that are new to you, Walter.

This one shouldn't be too difficult.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SOH-58.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi fabulousfour
    Thank you for the links. Some of the pictures are indeed new to me. I have some doubts whether the yellow one is the M-3. View the different gear etc. It may be the M-5.
    The one with 07 on the fuselage side could also be a (slightly) different design. I am not yet in the full detective mode, but the soup is hanging over the fire.

Hi Mike
    Thank you for your warm thoughts. Just wat I needed. Gladly the situation is not hopeless overhere. Will see how it develops with the new governmwent and now that we missed Moscow.

Robert's latest is a Fokker O-27.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

That's the bird!

Over to you, Kevin

Thanks Robert.

Onward and upward...

I have this as Eyerly Lee 7D Comet with a five-cylinder Kinner, registered 27W.
    _
    gX

Arezzo (Italy) one of the beautiful tuscan hilltowns
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    Hi fabulousfour
    Thank you for the links. Some of the pictures are indeed new to me. I have some doubts whether the yellow one is the M-3. View the different gear etc. It may be the M-5.
    The one with 07 on the fuselage side could also be a (slightly) different design. I am not yet in the full detective mode, but the soup is hanging over the fire.

Hi Mike
    Thank you for your warm thoughts. Just wat I needed. Gladly the situation is not hopeless overhere. Will see how it develops with the new governmwent and now that we missed Moscow.
    Hi Robert maybe I can help just a little just by basing myself on my scarce russian knowledge (a short string of lectures at the Florence University about 55 years ago)...anyway what Sergo-UK00 writes relating to the Yellow Aircraft is "this looks like an M5 with engine Walter 140HP very similar to M3 of october 2o12"
    Cheers
    Carlo (BG)

Quote Originally Posted by giruXX View Post
    I have this as Eyerly Lee 7D Comet with a five-cylinder Kinner, registered 27W.
    Spot on Uli!

Over to Germany-

A constructional detail should give it away. But only two were built.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p0p0p0.jpg  
    _
    gX

That, Uli, is the not-very-successful Breguet AG.4

I presume the constructional detail you refer to is the skid thingy under the fuselage to stop them ripping the tail off on landing ?

I'm not entirely convinced about the Eyerly Comet - it looks nothing like either of the photos on Aerofiles, and the description fits the earlier Eyerly Monoplane ? The motor looks like the 5-cyl Velie. But maybe I'm right off beam here......

Hallo Mike,

spot on the AG.4

here are pictures of the Eyerly Lee:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eyerly Lee, 4-03.jpg  
    _
    gX

Thanks Uli - that is a perfect explanation !

After all these rather unlovely aircraft, how about a sweet little floater ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails diejccc88gjr7.jpg  

That EAA newsletter was my source on the Comet. I knew it was an oddball with the long nose Kinner version.

Lefty's latest is a CANT 26 converted into a floater.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANT_26

That's it, you CANT go wrong with a floater!
    Over top Texas -

Thanks Mike.

Here is an unsuccessful early 1920's transport.

that could/should be the Blériot 106
    _
    gX

It is.

Found this on ebay recently. Somewhat of a rare photo.

indeed!

Here is another, presumably rare, wee bird:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1p1p1.jpg  
    _
    gX

Over 12 hours without a nibble...going to jump in here with the Herff Lightplane of 1926 from Texas. Adolph Herff also built and flew a similar parasol in 1924 he called the Canary that is not documented at Aerofiles.

yes, it is the Herff Lightplane

Over to Texas
    _
    gX

Thanks, and now for something completely different. We are heading into a new year so why not a new design?

Digging around, I find the Cobalt Valkyrie.

I presume your photo means they have actually managed to get one flying ??

Members who have read this thread: 90