The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 22
Page 22 of 1008 FirstFirst ... 1214151617181920212223242526272829303272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Somewhat reminded me of Viktor Belyayev's 'batwing bomber' but it is the French Charpentier C1. (I think we have the same source, K)

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Wow, that was quick. Thought I had you all on this one. Nice one Ferry!

Was at least hoping to get a grumble from Lefty. :costumes:

Maybe we'll get that with this one? Sorry for the small photo, but it's the only one I could find..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Well I've got this one waiting in my little mystery album ready to post, but you beat me to it, Ferry. Let's see how the other researchers get on !

Looks like a Eklund possibly. Not sure though.

Sounds like you are searching in the right area...

http://www.oy-reg.dk/register/1927.html Danish CAJO 59.

Doubt if I would have found it without your hint about the right area.

Me and my big mouth... :d

Looks pretty good for a homebuild btw!

Nice looking ship indeed.

Let's turn the clock back a bit for this stylish cabin cruiser...

I'm going to retire early from this one - having got through all of 2008 without any afflictions, I am now coughing and spluttering my way into December. Numerous potions, hot toddies and the like, are failing to ease my malaise, and I am going to bed for the next week. Mrs lefty is muttering about feeble males, man flu, etc. No sympathy there.

Moses' mystery is so flash - all that polished aluminium, (of course, it would be aluminum) that it just has to be American.

On the other hand, there are bits of Letov, bits of Fiat, oh, I dunno. Good night all.

Wake me up after Christmas.....................

Take a slug of cough syrup, pop an aspirin and stay in the game. What else is there to do when you are stuck at home feeling lousy? Get well Sir!

BTW, Mr. "flash" is not American...

Take care and get well soon, Lefty !

sandar
    I am off on a long weekend break in a few minutes, so I haven't the toime to research this one, even if I did identify it, I won't be around to 'buy' a beer and post the next one.

Get well soon Lefty.

This one is related to a previous one posted in the thread...

Sorry, was being a bit naughty. (Revenge for the 2 Darmstadts Lefty posted early on ).

This was another Spanish job, a Loring B.I.

Here is one that is not from Spain...

Has to be a Caudron Goeland. (just got up for another hot toddy.)

Another hot toddy for Lefty on the Caudron.

No more Lorings for now I promise. Of the source I have, this one and the RB in the earlier post were the only notable and distinct of the bunch in my opinion.

No more Lorings? Now there's a relief.

Things are looking up - I am able to breathe this morning (after a fashion), which brings a new dimension to life. Thank you for your commiserations.

It's the weekend - well, life is one long weekend for us retired types - so we'll not be unkind and steer clear of the 1920's Balkan horrors. Here's a nice friendly floater for you.

Not sure, but I think it might be a Lycoming-powered N150M Grumman Goose... Certainly looks like the old Goose with a couple of extra engines. (Thought McKinnon might have had something to do with it too.) Rarissime Avis Est!
    RR

De Vliegende Hollander

Well of course it's a Goose, and those are Lycomings, and you dropped a hint about the manufacturer -you are 95% there - oh well with all this Christmas spirit about, I shall be benevolent and award you a for the McKinnon G-21-C, if only for your wonderful new avatar, Ralf !

Dank u! Got a bad cold myself, but I'm glad you like the new avatar & see that you, too, have a festive one . You can easily imagine the wings on those McKinnon Geese taking off and leaving the rest of the aircraft on the ground (or water, or wherever).

Anyway, here's something a bit rare I came across recently:
    RR

De Vliegende Hollander

Looks to me like a F+W C-36 series, most likely a C-3603. Definitely not the 3605, since it has the original shorter nose.

SabreAce, you beat me to it. Darn, for once I could name a plane... :d

You are right SabreAce, the C-3603 !

It's impossible to hide its Swissness :switzerla: and of course there aren't very many aircraft from that mountainous place.

Over to you...
    RR

De Vliegende Hollander

Just realized that was my first post since the crash. Ah well.

I'm sure this one will be rather quickly ID'd.

Members who have read this thread: 84