The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 125

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Here is one that did fly!

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    I'm a bit baffled - DHC2Pilot appears to have taken his pic of the GP-2 from p157 of Howson's Aircraft of the Spanish Civil War.

Further down on the same page he will find this
    Attachment 1309

Think we'll leave it there. Emilio, you have sure stirred up this sleepy old forum ! Well done. Will go and look for another.
    Yeah, my goof on that one. I apparently scanned the photo into the wrong folder. (Burying my head in the sand)

Kevin, this one's a beaut. Looks like they kidnapped a couple of door-to-door God-peddlers and told them they were just going for a little ride to Heaven........

Not painfully obscure either. The builder was better known for their military models...

Gallaudet E-L-2 Chummy Flyabout.

Spot on DHC2! Was starting to think I had you all on this one. Silly me.

This may play right into the hand of our resident floater XPERT, but I'm gonna give it a shot anyhow.....

Well well, an aquatic glider - now there's an interesting concept..... (almost as interesting as what appears to be a thatched hangar in the background !)

I wasn't too sure whether a glider was considered a 'no-no' here as I don't believe we've touched on the genre before. If so, please let me know and I'll post a different powered selection for your enjoyment and bewilderment. :mixedsmi:

Up till now, gliders have been taboo - there are some very interesting ones, e.g. some of the military gliders, but there are a zillion which all look basically the same..

Will have a stab at this - never checked out any historical glider sites !

I presume this got towed behind some very fast oarsmen for take-off ?????

Nikitin PSN-1.

Thinking this one falls under the "interesting" category and not taboo.

Correct on the Nikitin - I also have it catalogued under "Fellings PSN" - not sure how the second name comes into play, but then again I never could get the Russian designation system under wraps.

Over to you sir

Up next, one tractor and two pusher engines...

Blast ! Having spent 5 minutes navigating my way to this post ( I think Ickie forgot to wind up the server when he put the cat out last night) I find my smartass answer, well, isn't right !

You will understand when I post my pic of the Breguet XI Corsaire -

.Attachment 1659

The military gentleman in Moses' pic looks a lot more Russian than French, so it's back to the books, Michael.....

Very similar layout but not a Breguet. (I do like the wing notches in your version for the guns to shoot upwards!)

One built, crashed on landing and they decided not to pursue the design...

Looks like we need to reboot. Lefty was on the right track. This is the Russki Anatra DE.

Something not so obscure maybe?

ER, well I'd like to have a go at this but, sadly, can't see it ! (Attachments seem to have gone walkies ?)

Hmm...try logging out, deleteing all SOH cookies and logging back in.

Edit: Will embed the photo in the post above. See if that helps.

DoneAttachment 1755 all that -there's summat else wrong- look at the page header.

Can't even see my own attachment......

Got it sorted. A Firefox problem - clicked on 'Page Info', under 'Media' was a box to block images from this site. Somehow or other, it had become ticked !

They just do it to upset old buggers like me.................

I believe we're looking at an Argonaut H-24 Pirate.

While Lefty was getting burned by the firefox, DHC2 swooped in for the kill.

Over to the Algonquin round table-

It's about time to jump a few decades ahead to something a bit more modern

Members who have read this thread: 78