The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 887

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

I'll be hors de combat for most of the day, Robert - on chef duties today - got to start preparing 4 kilos of moules to begin with....

It is going to be a long, liquid lunch, so a wee nap will be in order later. But I doubt if this mystery will last long !

The design of this floater bases on earlier Farman models but is not from France.

Close enough to me, Uli, it is the Marinens MF.2

https://digitaltmuseum.no/0110142749...flyvebatfabrik

Over to the Black Forest

Aah, I didn't check the tail numbers

Here comes something else:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1v1v1v.jpg  
    _
    gX

Yes, that's the bird!
    _
    gX

Thanks ! A merry Xmas to all our readers ! - here's a floater ( that didn't quite ! )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aerea December 1929.jpg  

Sadly, Jim, there is a convention here that the mysteries must have managed, however briefly, to get airborne ! This fascinating baby never got out of the water......

Does it really have to fly to become an aircraft? The (sunken) aircraft is the unfortunate Piaggio-Pegna PC.7, which was intended to participate in the 1929 Schneider trophy.

But I think it is still up to Jim to post the new mystery aircraft!

And a Merry Christmas to you all as well! (Although perhaps a bit early....)
    Huub

OK - 'tis the Season of Goodwill - OH please - and a Heineken for Huub

I was trying to edit my post to ask Jim to try another, but the site went all haywire last night ...

I think the original idea, Huub, was to exclude all the projects, mock-ups, etc - I was shot down once for innocently posting the Ayers Loadmaster !

Having used up a high percentage of available (and interesting) aircraft in these 20000+ posts, maybe we should consider a wee change. Moderators ???

here is a view of the PC.7 trying to pull herself out of the water

problems with the "sea screw" at her rear end prevented her from getting enough speed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3269.jpg  
    _
    gX

Being open house and reflecting on Mike's comments, here's one which flew (applying a liberal interpretation to the verb) although the general view seems to have been that it would have been better if it hadn't. It's been mentioned here before but, as far as I can see, it hasn't yet been offered as a challenge!

is this your Christmas present for us?
    _
    gX

Oh bother, Uli. You've deprived me of the chance to enquire, by way of a clue, whether this gift is five days too early! Evidently you know that this is one of the disastrous Christmas Bullets, designed, with unstayed 'flapping' wings, and built by that plausible rogue, Dr. William Christmas, that took the lives of both their pilots before they got far from the ground. Now if only he'd passed himself off as a priest, rather than a doctor, we might be talking about the handiwork of 'Father' Christmas! Over to Germany.

I'm not opposed to the occasional non-flyer. I have several that fit that category but have been hesitant to post. We can give it the green light and see where it goes.

That said, we need to steer clear of a bunch of 2x4s in Uncle Joe's backyard that claim to be an aircraft.

I didn't want to spoil your Christmas gift, Mike

My next would have been a floater:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1w1w1w.jpg  
    _
    gX

In the spirit of Carlo, a CMASA MF.4.

That's exactly the case (both is true) over to Texas

Nevertheless, the engine in the picture is unusual compared to all others.
    _
    gX

Let's stay on the water.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails x4b8l.JPG  

LWF it is.

Over to Chris.

Looks like my last entry.

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WOTDec21.jpg  

Avia-Lombardi LM-5 from

Members who have read this thread: 90