The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 73
Page 73 of 1008 FirstFirst ... 2363656667686970717273747576777879808183123173573 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 25194

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

El Boyero didn't have the sticky-out engine bits.

(Excuse the technical aeronautical terminology)

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    El Boyero didn't have the sticky-out engine bits.

(Excuse the technical aeronautical terminology)
    The sticky-out engine bits disappeared on this one too, but it's not from anywhere near the Pampas although 19 were exported to (just to use the flag again for Ralf)

Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

OK, remembering the origin of this post, I reckon this has connections with the Fleet Canuck, although the tail ain't right, nor the sticky-out bits.

Is it therefore the Noury N-75 from which the Canuck was developed ???

But the N-75 doesn't have the sticky-out engine bits!

Don't you hate it when the mystery picture is still on the previous page & you have to go flicking back & forth?
    RR

De Vliegende Hollander

Nah, Ralf, CF-BYW-X was the Model 80 prototype after modification.

I have Page & Cummings history of Fleet Aircraft and it states that the mods made to the Noury included an engine change & relocation, and new fin & rudder.

Therefore, I reckon this is the Noury, but can't find a pic to corroborate. Rob, where are you !

And yes, Ralf, I do hate this flicking back pages - surely the tecchies could come up with an indefinite scroll ??????

yup.. tis the Noury T-75. I'll try to post a couple of pics before Work calls this fine Sunday afternoon but the beverage is yours lefty ( and yes, I have been sneaking the Canadian conection in since it IS the 100th Anniversary of powered flight here)

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Aha. Sticky-out-engine-bits are probably properly called nacelles or something technical which James would know. Back in the day Airfix gave written instructions along with the pictures of how to assemble their kits, so you learnt what was a bulkhead, aeileron, or whatever.

Anyway, I've been in the garden all day (including breakfast), it's been so unusually lovely here :naturesm:. Cut hedges & lawns, reading in deckchair, etc. And trying to buy a couple of submarines* off a nice man in St Petersburg (as one does).

(*Not Soviet surplus SSNs; 1/350th scale resin U boats).
    RR

De Vliegende Hollander

Maybe he's out in his garden too? Scotland has had even better weather than England recently (something to do with having a devolved parliament I think).
    RR

De Vliegende Hollander

Actually, although I have been in the garden,(the Boss has my duty roster prepared), the weather has been disappointing - clouds now & then and a distinctly cool breeze. Still, another couple of months before winter comes again........

I could be really nasty and give you another clone with sticky-out bits (actually I think they're called cylinder heads, Ralf)..

But Moses will probably send a Texan Death Squad, so I'll look up something tastier after my bath.

In the meantime, if anyone gets this, there's a shot of Jose Cuervo left in the bottle...

Here's a nice old floater

it is indeed, with a gorgeous propellor, although apparently the float did not survive impact with a log. I'll refrain for now and see if anyone else can find it...

Better go for it, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Better go for it, Rob.
    Yes, please. Although I fear another lawn mower engine job looming...

Sorry I took so long guys..

I'll give it back to lefty anyway. It was built by the Hoffar brothers in Vancouver, but I've lost the note I had a regarding a name/model. Nice piece of work.. they were boat builders.

You know, it's too bad the old forum got lost. We might have had the greatest collection of obscure bits of aviation anywhere. On the other hand, we can now do summer re-runs

Rob

It's really yours, Rob, but I'll carry on if you like.

You were spot-on -it is the Hoffar H-1, early Canadian floater.

Moving on, this one is not Canadian.

It's getting a bit lonely round here........

Um, it's a trainer... Probably made in Brazil or Jugoslavia or one of those exotic nations that sometimes punch above their weight in aircraft production.

Sorry, Mike; haven't forgotten you. Time was when I worked in huge libraries with complete runs of Jane's down in the deep dark stacks. I could spend tea and lunch breaks picking off mysteries! Now the library's like the one in the Simpsons: full of nothing but free internet access and the Yuh-Gi-Oh Price Guide...

...But still looking in when possible!
    RR

De Vliegende Hollander

Where, oh where, are those libraries full of Janes, Ralf ?????

PS This trainer comes from a BIG country.....

Haven't had much time to research the past few days. We are working up a race event over in the mutiplayer forum that is eating up all my free time. That said, this one looks USA all the way but that's all I got!

Yep.. USA all the way

Fleetwings Model 23 / BT-12 Sophomore

but now I have to go digging for another challenge without lefty's library. I'f I'm not back in a few hours, carry on.... I'm off to Montreal and Ottawa on Friday night ( going museum trolling) for a week

Well done Rob, the Fleetwings escaped our monoplane lover !

Have a great trip to Montreal - would ask you to say hello to my cousin but I believe she has a new boyfriend

I had a look through some Fleetwings stuff but must have missed it.

let's see if the attachment works...
    Sorry the quality is crappy, but the source was a small pic

Looks like the North American XA2J-1.

Here's an unusual shot, but one of the few of any decent quality