The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 689

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

The designer liked floaters as he built two other water related craft. One was more of a boat with a large pusher prop at the back.

Here is a photo of his boat-plane machine.

Not exactly sure the date of the mystery ship but I think it is around 1928.

No need to drag it out as I think everyone wants to move on.

This is the last version of the Gasenko "Puce De Mer" or Sea Flea. George Gasenko was from the Ukraine who trained in Germany and tested his designs in France from 1925 through 1928. The original Sea Flea was more of a water skimmer.

There is a lot of info on the net concerning the skimmer and pusher air boat but next to nothing on the mystery with the full wing (that I could find anyways).

Open board then!

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Kevin
    Very interesting your floaters. Is it me, of does the wing look somewhat small.
    Sorry that next challenge is a highwinger. Tried not to hide the approximate origin. If you aim for LY/ country, you are wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails quiz sbahwaa.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    The highwinger is the Horizon of the so called Pulsar Design Group of the Voronezh (Russia) Aircraft Association, a busy group when homebuilt aircraft are concerned.
    Not surprisingly she has one of my favourite engines, the M332 as proudly shown on the nose. Around 1983ish.

Open House please!

Let's proceed with this high-winger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SOH-85.jpg  

Arezzo (Italy) one of the beautiful tuscan hilltowns
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fabulousfour View Post
    Let's proceed with this high-winger.
    Hi Robert!
    this is a Hanriot H161 (N° 24)...
    Cheers
    Carlo (BG)

Nothing more to add, Carlo, except that it's your turn now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fabulousfour View Post
    Nothing more to add, Carlo, except that it's your turn now.
    Thanks Robert, sorry for the delay!
    Here comes my next mystery unfortunately the pic is a bit hazy
    Cheers
    Carlo (BG)
    https://imgur.com/a/TG2dqhQ

Well Carlo, no-one is putting their head above the parapet, and I can understand why !

It seems to be some variant of the Tupolev ANT-25, but I'm blowed if I can find one with this fuselage.....anyone ????

I arrived in the same boat Mike. Could not find an exact match, especially with the radiator(?) location.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Well Carlo, no-one is putting their head above the parapet, and I can understand why !

It seems to be some variant of the Tupolev ANT-25, but I'm blowed if I can find one with this fuselage.....anyone ????
    Hello Mike,
    I'm afraid my item has nothing to do with Tupolev although the country is correct. I came across this item when canvassing a russian forum ( I believe it was "alternate history") searching for additional infos concerning the B.O.K. family (BOK 1, BOK 7. BOK 15 etc.). The caption underneath the pic is rather cryptic consisting in three capital letters. With this additional info you might discover this mysterious aircraft ...if not I'll give you the reply by late afternoon today.
    Cheers
    Carlo

Blog Entries
    Hi Mike and Kevin
    Here I go again with the story of the russian aircraft: I'm pretty sure that the brainstormer at the back was the (I transliterate in English): The Buro Osobnich Konstruktzii which, amongst all other things planned and built the OKB7. Of this Aircraft there were something like 14 different military variants: I enclose the pic of one variant which caption reads: "BOK7 in the role of Tupolev 25"(so after all Tupolev 25 jumps somehow in the frame…). Therefore I should think that the Aircraft in question is nothing else but a variant of the BOK7 which was captioned in the first pic I edited as RDD (Dalnyi Razvedchik?).
    https://imgur.com/a/cDETGge
    This is the story the way I'm being led to construe it (but I could be wrong).
    To end the story I think the winner should be the one who said Tupolev 25 (forgive me but I don't remember if it was Kevin or Mike)
    Cheers
    Carlo

I went through the BOK lineup but never found a match. (Although I did come across a similar paint scheme). That fuselage shape is unique to the series perhaps. The gear struts are different as well.

Do your worst Lefty!

Same blank here - came across Carlo's second pic too, as well as the record-breaker which has a similar, but not identical, paint job (much smaller fin flash).

Most of the BOK variants had a pressurised fuselage, and the ventral protuberance in Carlo's mystery doesn't look like one of those. Nothing from Uli or Robert ???

Mike, I also thought at first that this is a variant of the ANT-25 and then came across a site with that photo. If I remember correctly the plane was described there as a planned bomber variant ANT-25D or RDD, the problem is, I can't find the site any more.

In my opinion a bomber variant would make sense as there seem to be windows in the "chin", but that is a pure guess.

Hmm, it would good to find out - in the meantime, something (for me) very different - believe it or not , this is an aggie!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails raggie.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mike
    I think this is the Russian S-2SKh, the ag-plane version of the S-2 Sintal by AMV-Avia Company and developed in co-operation with the OSKBES Moscow Aviation Institute design bureau.

That's it, Walter -

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    A little bit of everything. Sorry, not my fault it still is a highwinger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails quiz alboeiahw.jpg  

Looks like it's been assembled by somebody who didn't read the instructions properly.....

Ha! found it....it is the Rivers R-1 Monoplane built by a gentleman in North Carolina. Oshkosh '83. Significantly, can't find a picture of it in flight !

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mike
    That is her. N2353S. Found another picture giving a better idea on the overall configuration. My bad, she is not a highwinger but a shoulderwinger.

The playing field is all yours
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rivers R.1.jpg  

Thanks Walter.

Here's something from another era - a pleasant floater emerging into the sunlight - (a sesquisplasher ?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nfeitl.jpg  

Tequila powered TNCA/Azcarate Sesquiplano E methinks.