The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 683

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

And now something more modern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SOH-78.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    hi fabolousfour
    The AIDC`s XC-2 light transport from The Rep.of China (Taiwan)

I thought that this mystery would last longer.
    Less than 10 minutes, is that a new record?

Of course it is the AIDC from Taiwan.

Over to you, wout!

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Looks like a clone of the MS-661, but is an original design. Note te lack of wingstruts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails quiz cbacotms661.jpg  

I recognised this immediately, but it is from a site which has now sadly disappeared. It's the Turbay T-11 Cacique from Argentina.

Anyone know if the Group Aracu site has been preserved anywhere ?

In the meantime thanks Ferry for the archive you did some time ago !

Yes, that was a really good site that now has disappeared into Nirwana.

I have an archived site, where at least the registrations and the types of aircraft can be found, sadly a klick on the links for the photos is of no use.

Perhaps it helps.

http://archive.is/z3OYy

Thanks Robert, but that makes it even more frustrating !

Arezzo (Italy) one of the beautiful tuscan hilltowns
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Thanks Robert, but that makes it even more frustrating !
    Hi Mike
    unfortunately I got in too late for the "Turbay" from Argentina and sorry to hear that the Grupo Aracuan has disappeared from the net. Fortunately I saved most of the therein pictured aircrafts
    long time ago!
    Cheers
    Carlo

I was waiting for the OK from Walter, but hope he will forgive me for carrying on in the interests of continuity....

Here's a very easy floater - an extra single malt if you can tell me the famous traveller...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fmpssddfd.jpg  

Mike, did you get divine assistance when posting this mystery?
    Believe it or not, the traveller I has my surname, if I'm not completely on the wrong track.

Blog Entries
    I was waiting for the OK from Walter, but hope he will forgive me for carrying on in the interests of continuity....

Here's a very easy floater - an extra single malt if you can tell me the famous traveller...
    She should be the Dornier Do12 "Libelle III"with Gnome Rhone engine. I read somewhere that this amphibious was owned or operated by a clergyman but I forgot his name....
    Cheers
    Carlo
    I found his name: Pater Schulte "der fliegende Priest"
    Now I finally know who is the most famous participant to Aviaquiz invariably winning all and every contest awarded with an impressive number of medals!

Carlo has filled in the detail, but Robert obviously had the answer - to both - let's have a new mystery from either of you!

Robert, as a lifelong heathen, divine assistance has never featured in my life - the old man with the grey beard is merely something i see in the mirror every morning....

Quote Originally Posted by Baragouin View Post
    Now I finally know who is the most famous participant to Aviaquiz invariably winning all and every contest awarded with an impressive number of medals!
    Well done Robert, and I see Uli's name over there too.

I like the AviaQuiz sometimes when I think to check in there, but not a fan of the cropped photos showing bits of an aircraft. I prefer to see the whole machine or most of it anyways.

Carlo, Mike and Kevin, thanks for your kind words, that's almost too much credit.
    However, who knows what my rank would be, if I had started aviaquiz right from its beginning and not half a year too late...

Did I already say that it was Uli who drew my attention to this wonderful mystery aircraft thread?

This next mystery shouldn't be too difficult.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SOH-79.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fabulousfour View Post
    Carlo, Mike and Kevin, thanks for your kind words, that's almost too much credit.
    However, who knows what my rank would be, if I had started aviaquiz right from its beginning and not half a year too late...

Did I already say that it was Uli who drew my attention to this wonderful mystery aircraft thread?

This next mystery shouldn't be too difficult.
    This looks very much to me like a CurtissF9C2 sans ​top wing arrestor hook and wheel fairings
    Cheers

Not a Curtiss but also from a very well known stable.

Thanks for the reminder about AviaQuiz. It's probably seven or eight years since I was there (before I found this well of frustration). It seems there has been a bit of a 'reset' but I would anyway be so far down the awards table that it would be easy to slip off the bottom. (remember a password that old? hah!)
    Edit: matters not - AQ doesn't remember my email anyway.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

It is the Boeing, the last Navy biplane.

Over to Chris.

Thanks it was an easy one. Now a low winger.

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WOTApr22.jpg  

Wouters W.4, Chris.

That's it will try for harder next time.

Chris

It wasn't that easy, Chris - just one I happened to know - we were talking about sites that have disappeared - one that hasn't is the excellent Belgian Wings, wherein some lovely stuff ! I haven't seen that particular shot before, but something about the paint job and wheels rang a bell.

Just about everything I post gets snapped up in minutes - this lot are just too good - but I don't regard it as a competition, just fun.

Here's another which someone will have before breakfast ! (although it's another site that's vanished !)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nicebipe.jpg  

Blog Entries
    It wasn't that easy, Chris - just one I happened to know - we were talking about sites that have disappeared - one that hasn't is the excellent Belgian Wings, wherein some lovely stuff ! I haven't seen that particular shot before, but something about the paint job and wheels rang a bell.

Just about everything I post gets snapped up in minutes - this lot are just too good - but I don't regard it as a competition, just fun.

Here's another which someone will have before breakfast ! (although it's another site that's vanished !)
    Hi Mike
    your fellow is the DAR3 Garvan II LZ-DIN.
    cheers
    Carlo
    Yes I do confirm that the site on yougoslav aircrafts has vanished in thin air. Fortunately I saved most of the stuff...

Blog Entries
    "Just about everything I post gets snapped up in minutes - this lot are just too good - but I don't regard it as a competition, just fun."
    I very much like this sentence of yours Mike. Let's never forget that this forum is excellent because we all aim to the same cause: Have fun and learn something! Our code is simple and straightforward let's keep it that way (I know of a few cases where regulations are intricate and participation means an uninterrupted wrangle!)
    Cheers again
    Carlo