The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 667

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Hi Carlo.

From the secretprojects-site:

Levasseur PL 7T
    Limousine transport with a single engine, derived from the PL 4. One example constructed exhibited at the Paris Salon in December 1926. Two crew in open cockpit and six passengers in cabin with six large windows.Abandoned due to lack of commercial interest.

Edit: And here is a photo of that kite:

Levasseur PL.7.T

Quote Originally Posted by Baragouin View Post
    There she is: KG special built by the Cabool R4 school students
    You got her, Carlo
    The Kelly Ghan KG Special N4854
    _
    gX

A little more on the elusive Levasseur PL-7T. Wikipedia comments as follows:

'Levasseur displayed an aircraft at the 1926 Salon d'Aéronautique dubbed the PL.7T (for "transport") and promoted as an airliner. This was fitted with a Gnome et Rhône-built Bristol Jupiter engine and had a revised fuselage with side-by-side seating for a pilot and mechanic and enclosed cabin for six passengers. This, however, was merely a PL.4 specially modified for the show. It was scrapped immediately afterwards, never having flown'. There is an image of it on the internet, taken at the Salon, which appears to emanate from a book concerning the automobile carrosier, Gaston Grümmer, who appears to have been responsible for trimming the interior of the berline de transport'.

The drawing displayed by Carlo appears in Flight of 02.12.26. Curiously neither Les Ailes nor L'Aérophile carries a photograph of the aeroplane but both go into some detail in the text of their reports on the 1926 Paris Salon. The relevant text appears below.

Les Ailes 16.12.26

L'Aérophile 15.12.26

This is confusing. I have a Lavasseur PL-7 as a torpilleur, carrier-based torpedo bomber.
    Accounts differ on whether it was a 2-or 3-seater, but it did operate out of Béarn.
    Would the PL-7T be a variant of that torpilleur?

You must remember, dan_pub, that this was France (cue Lefty!).

I couldn't possibly comment at this sensitive time, when the whole of France is in mourning, after todays' events on the rugby pitch........

And before ph responds, let me say that L'Ecosse has many, many more reasons to mourn, after a truly dismal display...........

Arezzo (Italy) one of the beautiful tuscan hilltowns
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fabulousfour View Post
    Hi Carlo.

From the secretprojects-site:

Levasseur PL 7T
    Limousine transport with a single engine, derived from the PL 4. One example constructed exhibited at the Paris Salon in December 1926. Two crew in open cockpit and six passengers in cabin with six large windows.Abandoned due to lack of commercial interest.

Edit: And here is a photo of that kite:

Levasseur PL.7.T
    Thanks Robert for your interest on this subject and my sincere thanks are obviously extended to Mike who went as far as submitting comments from two authoritative sources...
    Cheers
    Carlo

Don't worry, Mike. If Italy trounces England tomorrow - oh, how happy I shall be, I shall be. However I have to confess to being gutted - I think that is the common parlance - ce soir. But I do suspect that this is a spot of thread drift!

Blog Entries
    Gentlemen, may I submit to your attention this elusive (at least for me) tourer...
    https://imgur.com/a/sbVNM
    Cheers and "sursum corda"
    Carlo

a quick interjection about the The Kelly Ghan KG Special;
    It was quite an exercise in perseverance and a desire to educate, which led to many creations
    http://1218.eaachapter.org/projectschoolflight.htm

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Carlo, generous as ever, has left too many clues to ignore, so I'll have to jump in and declare that this is the I.P.T.13 from the Instituto de Pesquisas Tecnologicas in

(and Mike, if Italy do beat England, there's a for both you and Carlo! OK, no more rugby!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Carlo, generous as ever, has left too many clues to ignore, so I'll have to jump in and declare that this is the I.P.T.13 from the Instituto de Pesquisas Tecnologicas in

(and Mike, if Italy do beat England, there's a for both you and Carlo! OK, no more rugby!)
    Hi Lefty!
    Yessir she's indeed the "Banana" built from the Instituto de Pesquisas Tecnologicas in Brazil. I had a hard time finding her pic on the net!
    Cheers
    Carlo

Thanks Carlo.

This chunky number is a little earlier....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cccc7777.jpg  

That's the one, Chris. Economical as ever.....

an easy one

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WOTFeb4.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Chris
    The sole Champion Aircraft 8KCAB Citabria Pro

That's it. 1968 Citabria Pro. Essentially an open cockpit 7KCAB with 180hp.factory documents initially refer to it as the 9KCAB but it then changed to 8KCAB until that is later reassigned to the Decathlon.

Chris

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Thank Chris
    Only few (2 or 3?) of this lightplane were built. In its history 3 countries were involved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails altcwiitd.jpg  

Why is it that I can't find, online, anything about the history of the Air France Aéro Clubs and the aeroplanes that they operated!

..... or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree as that sea horse - the logo carried by Walter's mystery avion - doesn't have wings and the Air France sea horse doesn't carry a parasol!

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    hi pommehomme
    Sorry, but Air France or her aérocubs are not involved in this design.
    The 3 countries I mentioned are in Asia, Europe and the Americas. The aircraft`s name is appropriate for one of these countries.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    The subject aircraft is the RL-3 Monsoon by Renato Levi (Italy) and built by the AFCO Shipyard Company in India. The RL-3 was later available in Canada from Western Aircraft Supplies.
    At least 2 examples were built 1960/1961 in India (VT-DMH, the one in the photo and VT-XAD). Seems no aircraft were built under the Western Aircfaft banner.

OH Please

Just out of curiousity, Walter, is there any significance in the seahorse with a parasol logo which is carried by the aeroplane?

In the meantime, here's an interesting little something.

Members who have read this thread: 95