The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 626

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Mike, thank you for that excellent treatise on French registrations.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi PH
    Thank you for the explanation of the F-......system and the nice photo`s of the SFCA-Lignel Model 44.
    I think she was one of the aircraft to have carried even 3 registrations as F-WAIC, F-BAIC and F-PAIC (homebuilt category).

The small bipe has a Salmson 9Ra up front. She is not French though, but there is something French about her.

If I promise that I won't again encourage thread drift, might I refer to a pdf file (http://www.as-lashha.com/medias/file...-aviation2.pdf) that contains a rather dramatic photograph taken in the last seconds of the life of Louis Clément and the 'Cross Country'.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    The small bipe is the Model A-1 "Biddy Buddy by René Durenleau (USA). She was registered N7941A and first flew in July 1959.
    The original 40hp Salmson 9Ra radial was later replaced by a Continental A/C65.
    N7941A was donated to the EAA Museum. but I could not find her in the museum`s collection list, so what happened to her?

Can we agree on Mike (PH) posting the next challenge? Seems a proper way of punishing him for lecturing us on the F-..... system

Good idea - mind you, I'm partial to the odd bit of thread drift.......

Very well, gentlemen. I shall take my punishment like a man!

Now here's something rather elegant that didn't last that long .....

Yes, it's elegant and according to my only source had a Y-shaped stick ;-)

No registration AFAIK, i.e. no danger of entering another F-W/B/P issue (which I enjoyed!)
    _
    gX

Arezzo (Italy) one of the beautiful tuscan hilltowns
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by giruXX View Post
    Yes, it's elegant and according to my only source had a Y-shaped stick ;-)

No registration AFAIK, i.e. no danger of entering another F-W/B/P issue (which I enjoyed!)
    Hello boys and girls!
    I have her as the Roussel 10 of 1938 but I think it has appeared in this forum ages ago...
    Cheers
    BG

It is indeed the Roussel 10 of 1938. Although it flew (according to the reports in Les Ailes), I'm not aware that either a CDN or CNRA registration was allocated to it and no registration mark appears in any of the photographs of it that I've seen. It seemed to attract much attention in late 1938 and then simply to disappear off the radar - unless someone knows otherwise! Anyone, having served my penance it's over to you, Carlo.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Pomme Homme!
    May I submit this rather funny item?
    Cheers
    BG (Carlo)
    http://imgur.com/a/Pnc5o

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    Hey Carlo, that is a Boeing GA-2.

http://www.aerofiles.com/boe-ga2.jpg
    Yes indeed Moses and very sorry for the delay but with 41 degrees (centigrade) heat I believe it might be justified!
    Anyway youjr turn please...
    Cheers
    BG (Carlo)

Well you beat us as we topped out at 102F last Thursday.

Here is one that has suffered some grief with a prop strike and tail stress.

I guess, I have to delete my prepared next mystery now and look for another one...

No takers?

That wee biplane should be a Dietrich DP.II from Germany.

That is the one. Not sure about the crashed bits.

My next mystery. we stay in Europe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SOH-29.jpg  

SAI KZ-II Trainer?

I think I saw one of these in the Danish Air Museum a few years ago ? S.A.I. KZ-II-T (Blast! ph should have been out with his sheep!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dansk.jpg  

In fact, on close inspection, it's the same machine - I can just see '107' on the cowl!

That was fast!

I guess I must have spent more time to alter the photo as the time to solve this mystery.

No icon for a glass of cider, so this one has to be adequate

Over to PH.

Thank you, fabulousfour.

It was pure serendipity. Recently I'd been sorting some old photographs which included one of SE-ANM. Another KZ-II. Otherwise I'm sure that I wouldn't have been able to identify this one in seven minutes and that lefty would have pipped me at the post!

It's too hot to be out in the field with the sheep. Early morning and late evening is more conducive to that. And I really should be working on a motorcycling article which has an end of week copy deadline.

Anyhow, before getting back to work here's something that might just be a case of pareidolia (particularly if you invert the image)!

Looks awfully like a model, Michel.....?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pomme homme View Post
    Thank you, fabulousfour.

It was pure serendipity. Recently I'd been sorting some old photographs which included one of SE-ANM. Another KZ-II. Otherwise I'm sure that I wouldn't have been able to identify this one in seven minutes and that lefty would have pipped me at the post!

It's too hot to be out in the field with the sheep. Early morning and late evening is more conducive to that. And I really should be working on a motorcycling article which has an end of week copy deadline.

Anyhow, before getting back to work here's something that might just be a case of pareidolia (particularly if you invert the image)!

Fighting to stay awake with today's temperatures this reminds me of an Espenlaub model....
    Cheers
    BG (Carlo)

Not, to the best of my knowledge, a model of any sort. And even if it was, it would have to be a pretty big one to house a 600cc OHV twin cylinder engine up front!