The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 566

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Yes

Here comes another floater
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails e7e7e7.jpg  
    _
    gX

Either the Cox-Klemin CK.18 or the Nungesser NUA-1? If so, then it was bought by Richmond who renamed it the Sea Hawk with a pusher engine?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CK-18.jpg   NUA-1.jpg  

to Moses03

It seems that this thing had at least three names. I have it as Stelling Amphibian built by the Cox-Klemin Aircraft Corp. in the 1920s.
    _
    gX

Rgr on the confused lineage.

This photo was taken in a very out of the way place for this particular aircraft. Bonus ale if you can figure that out. (Supposedly the water tower was a known landmark at this airport).

Savoia-Marchetti SM.95?

Arezzo (Italy) one of the beautiful tuscan hilltowns
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    Rgr on the confused lineage.

This photo was taken in a very out of the way place for this particular aircraft. Bonus ale if you can figure that out. (Supposedly the water tower was a known landmark at this airport).

SAIDE's (Service Aériens Internationaux d'Egypte)Savoia Marchetti 95C and the airport might be Cairo...
    Cheers
    BG

It is the beautiful SM.95 so PH gets the and the right to post the next mystery.

BG- You are correct on the airline but the place is not Cairo. The airport is not in Africa and quite far away from Italy as well. Any more guesses?

Have done a wee search and came up with Darwin ?

Darwin, Northern Territory. Good on you Mike!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Have done a wee search and came up with Darwin ?
    I'm very interested in a SAIDE's Aircraft ending up in Darwin , was that a charter flight or is there a story behind it? Would appreciate any link informing on the above fact...Can you help?
    Cheers
    BG

BG, please see the link below to a pdf article. It is a very well written and researched archive on migrant flights to Australia. The SAIDE bit starts on page 56.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahtljy8d28...ralia.pdf?dl=0

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    BG, please see the link below to a pdf article. It is a very well written and researched archive on migrant flights to Australia. The SAIDE bit starts on page 56.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahtljy8d28...ralia.pdf?dl=0
    Hi Moses!
    Thanks very much for the beautiful and Comprehensive link and for your promptness!
    Cheers
    BG

Thank you, Kevin. And I apologise for my tardiness in responding. Here's something which I don't believe has put in an appearance here hitherto.

not from Austria , perhaps?
    _
    gX

No, not Austrian. But what's up front comes from a different country to what's behind it!

Struggling with your grainflugel, Mike. Would that be a Mercedes motor ?

No, not a Merc up front. However the automotive theme is heading you in the right direction, engine wise. What's up front in the photograph replaced something that came from Mercedes' home country. The replacement, however, could be said to have more affinity with a pair of wheels in tandem, rather than the parallel pair beneath it, and to have been produced by a company whose name might make lefty feel at home! As to what's behind, grainflugel suggests that you're thinking along the right geographical lines.

The Heise HD 1 by Curt Heise, Dresden with a Victoria engine, perhaps?
    _
    gX

Unfortunately not, according to my source. Whilst manufactured by a company that is not a household name, its designers were associated with a company that is. The latter eventually absorbed the former.

A little more help, peut-être? It was a 733cc Douglas S2 that powered this Teutonic two seater.

As it doesn't seem that this one is going 'to fly', perhaps it's time to move on. The aeroplane illustrated is the 1924 Aachener ST Monoplane, designed by Ing. Shulz and Ing. Thomas, of the Junkers design bureau, and built by Aachener Segelflugzeugbau. Originally it was powered by a Siemens Mabeco V twin before the Douglas unit was substituted. Apparently it was also referred to as the Junkers S-7. Open house, ladies and gentlemen.

What about a chopper to continue with?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails e8e8e8.jpg  
    _
    gX

Blog Entries
    Hi boys and girls!

I'm seeking advice by referring to your encyclopedic knowledge: I possess a couple of pics of a german prewar Aircraft captioned Arado J1: I can't find any info on the net....maybe someone could supply some specs? Thanks in advance and apologies to Giru for interfering with his chopper...
    Cheers
    BG

Quote Originally Posted by Baragouin View Post
    apologies to Giru for interfering with his chopper...

!!!