The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 336

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Arezzo (Italy) one of the beautiful tuscan hilltowns
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Looking forward to your photos Mike!

Meanwhile, here's a new mystery:

Attachment 89421
    Forget US! This is a Kyushu K10W1 "Oak" of 1941
    Baragouin

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Baragouin is right! Although based on the NA-16 it is still a different aircraft.

Over to Italy!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Baragouin is right! Although based on the NA-16 it is still a different aircraft.

Over to Italy!
    Thanks Ferry your previous mystery Aircraft was only apparently
    easy!
    Here's my offer (exceptionally a very old craft).....
    BG

This must be post 1913 as I have a good archive to that point. Between 1914 and about 1918 I have some holes!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    This must be post 1913 as I have a good archive to that point. Between 1914 and about 1918 I have some holes!
    An unsolicited clue: 1914, european, only one built
    BG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baragouin View Post
    An unsolicited clue: 1914, european, only one built
    BG
    Since there are no takers in spite of my clues let me reveal her name:
    - Grahame-White Type 11 , 1914, UK.
    Whoever feels like please jump on the stage and surprise us.....
    Cheers
    Baragouin

I was still looking but headed down the wrong path.

Here is a new one-

I was still looking but headed down the wrong path.

Here is a new one-

A slightly confused Antonov An-12 "Cub"...

N.

To say the least! :isadizzy: From the World War Z movie. Not sure why they could not secure a C-130 for filming.

You got it Neil, give us a new one.

Hmmm. HO-Kay. Lemme see now. Not sure if anyone's ever posted this one, but here goes...

Attachment 89621

N.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingManNeil View Post
    Hmmm. HO-Kay. Lemme see now. Not sure if anyone's ever posted this one, but here goes...

Attachment 89621

N.
    This is the oldie and dearie Canadian Car & Foundry FDB1 of 1938....however I think this was on the thread before....anyway OH for me please as I'll be gone for a couple of days....
    Cheers
    Baragouin

Quote Originally Posted by Baragouin View Post
    This is the oldie and dearie Canadian Car & Foundry FDB1 of 1938....however I think this was on the thread before....anyway OH for me please as I'll be gone for a couple of days....
    Cheers
    Baragouin
    Yup, that's the one. Wasn't sure if it'd been posted before, but I wasn't about to go back through several hundred pages to look. Lazy me...

It certainly was a good looking aircraft but it was abysmal when it came to trying to land the thing due to the gull-wing design. And despite all the effort put into it it really didn't stand out as a performer beyond being very nimble versus other aircraft including monoplane fighters, which guaranteed its fading into aeronautical obscurity.

N.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    To say the least! :isadizzy: From the World War Z movie. Not sure why they could not secure a C-130 for filming.
    Maybe because they shot (part of) the movie in the Czech republic?

But at least they kept true to the Hollywood style according to the Imdb:

The airplane that Gerry Lane travels in repeatedly switches between an Antonov An-12 and a Lockheed C-130 Hercules.
    And just to be sure:

Factual errors The U.S. Navy does not operate the Antonov An-12.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Apologies, haven't been around much the last few days. Took some time off from work around the holiday for family stuff.

Here is a floater to reboot...

Apologies, haven't been around much the last few days. Took some time off from work around the holiday for family stuff.

Here is a floater to reboot...

Can't say what it is, but it looks like Bob and Fred came back from their Minnesota fishing trip with something more than Walleye...

N.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingManNeil View Post
    it looks like Bob and Fred came back from their Minnesota fishing trip with something more than Walleye...
    Not out of the question!

Our resident floater expert has not checked in...hmmm. I have seen photos of this one with different engines. This photo was the first with Uncle Sam radials.

Your resident floater 'expert' (More a floater fan really) has been a bit preoccupied this week. After a significant birthday on Tuesday, I had a garden party for about 40 friends yesterday, fortunately blessed with glorious weather... My sister's family have been staying over, and my brother made a surprise appearance from Rhode Island. Needless to say, I've been busy !

However, a mystery floater is a magnet to me, if only I knew what this one was...... how about a Great Lakes 4-A-1 ??

70 is the new 60. Happy Birthday Sir! Sounds like you had a great time.

Correct on the Great Lakes.

4-A-1 1929 = CBAm; two 115hp Cirrus Hermes. Holden Richardson, P B Rogers. POP: 3 [850K, 851K, 852K]. Repowered with 300hp Wright J-6 after the prototype [851K] was wrecked trying to take off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Your resident floater 'expert' (More a floater fan really) has been a bit preoccupied this week. After a significant birthday on Tuesday, I had a garden party for about 40 friends yesterday, fortunately blessed with glorious weather... My sister's family have been staying over, and my brother made a surprise appearance from Rhode Island. Needless to say, I've been busy !

However, a mystery floater is a magnet to me, if only I knew what this one was...... how about a Great Lakes 4-A-1 ??
    Hello Lefty
    congratulations on your birthday(if it was yours...) and many happy returns of the day! I'm sure you enjoyed your garden party (I also love garden parties though I don't have one!)...concerning guests staying over we have a somewhat sour joke in Italy reading as follows:"a guest is like a fish after three days it starts smelling"..
    By the way please surprise us with the next enigma.
    Cheers
    BG

Thank you gentlemen for your kind felicitations.

Sadly, I am under the cosh time-wise, and don't have the time to look out a mystery, so will have to declare OH, which is very naughty of me. Back to normal next week !

Here is one for the time being. A confusing tale to say the least!

Crafty Old Moses' picture even reversed !

Funny looker ? Yes !! :mixedsmi:

Sorry I drop in this late, but a belated happy birthday Lefty!

About the mystery aircraft: It seems somebody had some spare parts from about everything and decided to create an aircraft......

Cheers,
    Huub

Check out the leading letters of my last post.........

Members who have read this thread: 90