The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 212

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Dave, with great respect, these would be a lot harder if the answer wasn't actually displayed on the photo !

We'll let you post another - in the meantime, I'm still struggling with Moses' 'flying' (??) tuna !

I have been working on it. Found several close calls but no exact match. Do you have a bigger photo? The empennage looks like a biplane setup.

Me too. Very Farman-ish. Don't think it's a Brit - but the tiny wee pic is a bit of a hindrance.

This the Societa Italiana Aviazione (S.I.A.) IS 5 bomber of 1916?

I posted a very similar S.I.A. bomber previously that John spotted. Maybe the same one? Can't seem to find it using the search function though.

It is the S.I.A. bomber, that had a couple of different designations. The one I have seen most often is S.I.A. 14b. Regrets about the photo size, but there don't seem to be too many shots of this one.

Dave

Rgr on the S.I.A.

How about this unfortunate fellow?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    How about this unfortunate fellow?
    Good heavens!!! Did this thing fly?

Yes it did. Just not very gracefully...

Weird cockpit configuration - wonder why they needed a crew of three anyway ??

The Great Lakes XTBG-1.

The station in front was for the torpedo guy. Loads of fun.

for Mike.

Sorry for the delay, chaps.

This one's no beauty either.......

Another view of this clumsy fighter/reconnaissance machine. Big manufacturer.

Looks like a Latecoere or Breguet.

Neither, I'm afraid. Getting close, though......

Blog Entries
    A bit Farman-ish?

Edit; Excuse me, "Farman-esque". Not beautiful, perhaps sublime.

You can cross Farman off the list.

Quite a big brute, too.......

This one is new to me. Have a feeling it fell through the cracks at aviafrance!

No, it appears in Aviafrance, but with no pic and a totally misleading description- as a biplane. One of their few blips.

It is the Lioré et Olivier Leo-8.

OH please, fellows.
    <script id="gtbTranslateElementCode">var gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded;(function(){var lib = null;var checkReadyCount = 0;function sendMessage(message, attrs) { var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode") ; for (var p in attrs) { data.removeAttribute(p); } for (var p in attrs) { if ("undefined" != typeof attrs[p]) { data.setAttribute(p, attrs[p]); } } var evt = document.createEvent("Events"); evt.initEvent(message, true, false); document.dispatchEvent(evt);}function checkLibReady (){ var ready = lib.isAvailable(); if (ready) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : false}); return; } if (checkReadyCount++ > 5) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : true}); return; } setTimeout(checkLibReady, 100);}gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded = function () { lib = google.translate.TranslateService({}); sendMessage("{EVT_LOADED}", {}, []); var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode") ; data.addEventListener("gtbTranslate", onTranslateRequest, true); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslateCheckReady", onCheckReady, true); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslateRevert", onRevert, true); checkLibReady();};function onCheckReady() { var ready = lib.isAvailable(); sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : !ready});}function onTranslateRequest() { var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode") ; var orig = data.getAttribute("gtbOriginalLang"); var target = data.getAttribute("gtbTargetLang"); lib.translatePage(orig, target, onProgress);}function onProgress(progress, opt_finished, opt_error) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateOnProgress", {"gtbTranslateProgress" : progress, "gtbTranslateFinished" : opt_finished, "gtbTranslateError" : opt_error});}function onRevert() { lib.restore();}})(); (function(){var d=window,e=document;function f(b){var a=e.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];a||(a=e.body.parentNode.appendChild(e.createEleme nt("head")));a.appendChild(b)}function _loadJs(b){var a=e.createElement("script");a.type="text/javascript";a.charset="UTF-8";a.src=b;f(a)}function _loadCss(b){var a=e.createElement("link");a.type="text/css";a.rel="stylesheet";a.charset="UTF-8";a.href=b;f(a)}function _isNS(b){for(var b=b.split("."),a=d,c=0;c<b.length;++c)if(!(a=a[b[c]]))return!1;return!0} function _setupNS(b){for(var b=b.split("."),a=d,c=0;c<b.length;++c)a=a[b[c]]||(a[b[c]]={});return a}d.addEventListener&&typeof e.readyState=="undefined"&&d.addEventListener("DOM ContentLoaded",function(){e.readyState="complete"} ,!1); if (_isNS('google.translate.Element')){return}var c=_setupNS('google.translate._const');c._cl='en';c ._cuc='gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded';c._cac='';c._c am='';var h='translate.googleapis.com';var b=(window.location.protocol=='https:'?'https://':'http://')+h;c._pah=h;c._pbi=b+'/translate_static/img/te_bk.gif';c._pci=b+'/translate_static/img/te_ctrl3.gif';c._phf=h+'/translate_static/js/element/hrs.swf';c._pli=b+'/translate_static/img/loading.gif';c._plla=h+'/translate_a/l';c._pmi=b+'/translate_static/img/mini_google.png';c._ps=b+'/translate_static/css/translateelement.css';c._puh='translate.google.com ';_loadCss(c._ps);_loadJs(b+'/translate_static/js/element/main.js');})();</script>

Keeping the ball rolling...

Lordy ! This machine does look a tad over-engined....... never seen it before.

SOH-CM-2023
    No idea at all! Possibly American Great Grandfather of the Cri-Cri?
    Keith

Members who have read this thread: 92