The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 199

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Anatra Anadva - open house - I think I'll sit this one out - I feel like I'm hogging the floor lately.

Hog away, dear boy.....

I'll quickly dive into this whilst you lot are snoring - we haven't had a floater for AGES !

This is the attractive Bunyard BA-3X Sportsman.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

On the ball there, Dave, Bunyard it is... A glass of Deuchars' I.P.A., finest pint in these parts..

For John on the Big Russian.

Talking of Big Russians - here's the Russian Junior curling team, currently competing here in Perth.

Olga's the coach (on the left !) - the others, I think you old boys will agree, are rather cute.

Hi:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    I suspect that this is a bit too common for here, and that it has probably been used before. Here it is anyway.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Dave <o></o>

It's official....Dave is the new grain master! :mixedsmi:
    Your latest one looks Hawker-ish except for the tail. Possibly a pre-Hurricane prototype? It's not the F.5/34 (K5083)

Sorry for the image quality. I will blame my technology, but in fact it is more likely the technician.

This is not a Hawker product, though there is a similar look.

Dave

..........its the Boulton Paul Defiant Prototype - before the Turret was installed

.......this one got around a bit .............

Attachment 33089

Not sure, but this may be the Bloch MB 157 in German hands.

Dave

A captured French Hanriot H.232.

Pretty sure on the Hanriot. Will keep things moving with this grainish number...

Looks very like one of those Kharkov designs.....

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    A military version of the KhAI-1, possibly the -6 version?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

The source I have shows it as a -1VV

(according to -ugh- Wiki: The Soviet Air Force soon expressed interest in the design as an alternative to the Polikarpov R-Z then replacing the Polikarpov R-5 in the reconnaissance-bomber role. A single prototype was built of a KhAI-1VV (for Военный Вариант - Voennii Variant - "Military Variant"), armed with a rear-mounted machine gun, and bombs carried in internal racks. While performance was impressive, the bomb-release mechanism proved troublesome, and as development dragged on, the Air Force gradually lost interest.)

...but I wouldn't have found it without Ferry's comment

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

I have it as a KhAI 1B. This is the one off conversion Rob mentions. Looks like Ferry dialed it in first though.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I was close, but Rob nailed it; according to Wikipedia the -1B is the same as the -1VV.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Okay then, Rob have at it. Call it a group effort between Mike, Ferry & Rob.

quite happy to share the beverage (separate glasses) and post one that should last but moments...

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Better jump in before Walter resurfaces. This is a Emigh A-2 Trojan. :USA-flag:

Rob must be off selling ice cubes to the Eskimos. Moving on with a floater.

Members who have read this thread: 90