The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 152

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Typical!
    In a rush to get towing I suppose.
    probably -- Brakes not set, no chocks... duh

But why, oh why did the glider pilot not hit the release

In more modern times this would make untold highlight reels and YouTube

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Figured the mystery would be gone by now with this bunch. It’s not a one-off. Four were built by this smallish company.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Another view. Note the wind generator.

A sharp eye will spot the lineage...

The only thing I'm coming up with here is possibly some link to Arado?

Not Arado, but you are in the right area.

The 4th one built attempted a peculiar flight to the USA but never made it.

iz ein Caspar C.32

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Feeling comfortable with the ghastly (ghostly?) Caspar

I'll offer another bulging, boxy beast

Rgr on the Caspar. Thought I was going to have to throw it to the wolves...

Also thought the little t-tail bit might jog your memory of the Caspar C 33 posted recently.

Focke-Wulf A-20 Habicht (D-1482 to be exact)

..feeling confident on the FW - moving along I think I'll toss Mike a bone with this one....

A smallish beer goes to the great state of Illinois...

technically it is the A.20a as it was indeed the Wright powered version sent to Bulgaria, where as the A.20 had a MB D.II engine and the A.28 was the Bristol Titan-powered version.

(Lefty taught me to be persnickity )
    (and since I lack the grand libraries I gotta sneak them in where I can)

Better jump in before the floatmaster awakens. This is a Fokker B.II.

http://www.dutch-aviation.nl/index5/...5-1%20BII.html

In case everyone has shuffled off to bed, here is the next contestant. Spiffy eh?

Enjoying my shotglass of Harps
    Nothing wrong with being persnickity....keeps us all on our toes.

Sorry, fellows,out of it at the moment. All day yesterday roasting (!) at the Seniors Golf in Carnoustie. Early doors off to East Fortune for the annual airshow - nothing very exciting I fear but the weather is good for once and I have a freebie ticket !!

Keep it rolling !

This coming Fri. and Sat. and Sun. I'll be at Oshkosh for my annual trip to the Holy Grail of all airshows. Sunblock, bug spray, and camera ready!

Lucky you ! Off now - PS What the **** is Harps ????? I thought I knew my Irish drinks.....

Looking forward to plenty of airshow photos in the coming days.

The sporty number is a contemporary of John's Fokker...

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Lucky you ! Off now - PS What the **** is Harps ????? I thought I knew my Irish drinks.....
    Harp Lager.....made by Guinness. Maybe it's made only as an import for the US market. Dunno. Since I was offered only a "smallish" beer for my FW A-20 answer I only got a shotglass full.

Don't think Harp is sold here any more....

As for airshow pics, none from me. The worst airshow I have been to - a parade of light aircraft doing loops. Yawn.... Plus the dear old Duxford Cat and the P40/P51 ensemble. The RAF couldn't be bothered.

The best part was the Swift aerobatic glider display - something I've never seen before - but the skies were grey and my camera rarely left its bag......

Sorry to hear your afternoon was mostly a bust Mike. Last year at Oshkosh I shot over 400 photos and took about 2 hours of video. You really have to be there for 2-3 days, and even still not see everything. It's like Farnborough and Paris together (without the commercial overtones) plus an oversized helping of general aviation, antique-classics, homebuilts, and warbirds thrown in for good measure.

Oshkosh, eh ? Lucky man.

We're ignoring Moses' mystery (or, in my case, trying to). He says it's a contemporary of the Fokker, which makes it 1923-ish. Looks a lot younger, but... Not quite clear in the pic, but does that wing have bracing above?

Looks French, but probably American. Expensive-looking lady in background with fur coat, so could be either !

Only good news about yesterday is that this baby is now out of her crates and work is about to begin.....

My apologies, the first flight was 1934, not 1923. Did some checking and the initial source was incorrect.

There is wing bracing. The front section has a tiny cabin for a passenger. Not American or French.

Sure does look a lot like the Avro Avian monoplane, except I think the fuse on this one is a bit shorter.

Members who have read this thread: 90