Ultimate Traffic II was released!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Traffic II was released!

Ultimate Traffic II was released!

I did not see a thread on this.....

Take a look see! Now available......

http://ut2.flight1.net/

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Master of Disaster
    Wonder if it let's you pick the type of AI aircraft you want......i.e. WWII not modern?

I want to know about the models: are they FSX-native now? Don't see anything about this on the product web site.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

I don't see anything about a break for previous users of the product either,I have the FS9 and the FSX version that I purchased and can't see dropping another 50.00.Should be at least be a discount.

I don't have it, yet...

But in looking at some of the postings, all models are FSX based and there is no discount for prior customers.

There is no traffic file to deal with, it's all based upon the program injecting the data into FSX as needed.

The product page contains a link to the user's manual; http://ut2.flight1.net/index.php/downloads.html

hobofat
    I splurged on it as to this date I haven't used traffic outside of a couple WOAI packages. It's absolutely fantastic! Good performance, traffic everywhere, tons of variety, and lots of options for editing, and all the ai schedules are based on real-world schedules following real world flightplans. I imagine that many will be content to use freeware AI, but I can't say I'm disappointed with the money I dropped on this package. Great stuff.

Charter Member 09
    I already have Ultimate Traffic for FSX. This is version 2. What difference is there? Will I be able to get a credit for already having version 1 or will it be a free upgrade? ( I hope)
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    I already have Ultimate Traffic for FSX. This is version 2. What difference is there? Will I be able to get a credit for already having version 1 or will it be a free upgrade? ( I hope)
    Based on the post above, it doesn't look like you will get a brake.

I use MyTrafficX and I am satisfied with it and its performance.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I have been holding off using any AI package due to frame rate issues, but this looks promising.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by dswo View Post
    I want to know about the models: are they FSX-native now? Don't see anything about this on the product web site.
    Me neither, but AI Aardvark and The Fruit Stand are mentioned somewhere on the web page, which leads me to the conclusion that UT2 seems to use licensed versions of their aircraft, which in turn means that they're FS9 native models, unless they've been secretly converting their stuff.

Didn't quite escape.
    I couldn't tell when I looked, but I can safely say that of the three options I've tried (FS9 freeware, MyTrafficX 5.1b and JustFlight's TrafficX) the pure FSX-native models in TrafficX have been by far the best so far. The flightplans aren't entirely realistic, the airlines are out of date, but the difference between having FS9 models (which MTX still use for many less common models) and FSX native ones is phenomenal. I'm now keeping the frame rate lock, rather than halving it, around all but the most complex airports.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Me neither, but AI Aardvark and The Fruit Stand are mentioned somewhere on the web page, which leads me to the conclusion that UT2 seems to use licensed versions of their aircraft, which in turn means that they're FS9 native models, unless they've been secretly converting their stuff.
    All the models have been updated and are FSX compliant.

Off to install and check it out.

hobofat
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    I think that is what they have been doing. At the very least, I can confirm that the prop aircraft in FSX: Accel do not have the prop issues of an FS9 native model, and performance is much better than using WOAI (which is just a collection of FS9-native models, including AI Aardvark and The Fruit Stand). I wish I had TrafficX so I could do a model and FPS comparison, but alas, I had to pick just one

I will admit my reason for choosing UT2 over TrafficX has less to do with features than the fact that I live in Hawaii and UT2 has Hawaiian Air, Go!, Mokulele, etc. and TrafficX does not. No Island Air though, think I'll have to put that together myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hobofat View Post
    I think that is what they have been doing.
    Indeed.
    http://ai-aardvark.com/
    http://www.the-fruit-stand.com/

It should also be noted that AI aircraft developers appear to be total whackos. Might be the perfect environment for me.

Where is the incentive for me to get this? I bought the FS9 one when it first came out. Also bought the FSX version in 2007. Now this, and no offers to existing owners. As it happens I have replaced the early FSX one anyhow with WOAI which nowadays is just as expansive and has up to date timetables and what else ........ oh yes, its FREE.

Didn't quite escape.
    The incentive is "double your frame rate because you're not using FS9 models".

That's the trade off. At least it was for me. No option - WOAI, good as it is, was uninstalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post

Off to install and check it out.
    Hi Lance...........please check this: Is it possible to create traffic to a fictitious airfield???? This would be great for my home made fields....thanks

Great to see you, sent you a mail over in FSdeveloper....I have no answer, did you get it???:ernae:

Didn't quite escape.
    You can always create traffic for a fictional airfield, Gera, with any pack. If the package doesn't come with a tool to allow you to edit and set up new routes, AI Flight Planner will happily work with their models.

hobofat
    Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Where is the incentive for me to get this? I bought the FS9 one when it first came out. Also bought the FSX version in 2007. Now this, and no offers to existing owners. As it happens I have replaced the early FSX one anyhow with WOAI which nowadays is just as expansive and has up to date timetables and what else ........ oh yes, its FREE.
    It's definitely a tough call, but as mentioned previously for me it was a no brainer...I can't afford the FPS hit of WOAIs FS9 models, and the difference in this program (besides all the handy tools, which can also be done using freeware programs but not as easily) is that all the models are compiled for FSX, and those won't be released freeware. Plus some other handy FPS-saving features. All in all I would say you can't go wrong using WOAI, and you can't go wrong using UT2--but I'll definitely pay for MUCH better fps.

Quote Originally Posted by gera View Post
    Hi Lance..........
    I'm sorry, do I know you?

I'm still early in what UT2 does and how it does it. Other than one flight over LAX at 100%, I have yet to start "tinkering" with it. Time is spent correcting the gawd awful state of airports within FSX... :isadizzy:

And I probably did get your PM, Gera. Did I mention time is spent correcting the gawd awful state of airports within FSX... :isadizzy: :isadizzy:

Think I should lay down now, because time is spent...

I like it! I think the models are well done!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

I took a short flight around Plum Island tonight to test the new AI in UT2. Stop snickering. I know Plum Island has like five operations a day, but it's just a short hop up the coast from Boston Logan. My skies were filled with all sorts of traffic into and out of Logan - GA and a ton of airliners. I have to say, I was knocked out by both the quality of the models and the extremely good frame rates I was getting with traffic cranked up to full. First impression: this is a winner.

I have to agree with Bill,

The framerates are really great, and I have my setup cranked to 100% at the moment, and I get 18 fr/sec at KSEA.
    Burkhard has released a revised set of flightplans (For those of you that also uses MyTraffic 5.2) that only uses the airliners that are not used in UT2, getting the best of two worlds.
    Cheers

-Lars

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've considered replacing the default AI traffic with something else, I'm tired of nothing but yellow and white liveries and hearing Orbit this and Orbit that in my headset. I'd like to see some comparisons between freeware and payware AI traffic programs and especially how they impact frame rates. It won't do me much good to switch if I have to drop traffic levels down to nill just to keep FSX playable.

I'm currently locked at 24 fps (and smooth), but I drop down to 18 in high traffic areas like New York and Los Angeles. My AI commercial aviation is 55%, general aviation 45%.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Didn't quite escape.
    Stay away from anything that has FS9 models in, if you want to keep the frame rate up. That means UT2, TrafficX or the DX10 option (which disables all the FS9 models) in MyTrafficX.

Any of the above will give you reasonable models, real world liveries and you'll actually be able to run more traffic than you can with the default models because they're built to be AI rather than flown. UT2 seems to have the most realistic flight plans, followed by TrafficX. MyTrafficX doesn't even try to do realistic routes, but aircraft will be generated appropriate to the region and country they operate around.