Captain Sim Cr*p - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Captain Sim Cr*p

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    My CSF-104 works fine. I didn't get it through CS though. I bought it from the fspilotshop.
    Likewise, I purchased the entire C-130 with expansion package, the Yak-3 and the F-104 through fspilotshop. The only model I purchased from Capt. Sim was the MiG-21. The hoops I had to jump through to get the plane to activate were a considerable pain.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I bought there FS9 C-130 through simmarket & had to wait 48hrs to get my activation key from them (I bought it on a friday night). See other thread about what burns my biscuits.
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    I liked #4: "Find csy003_1100.exe file on your PC."
    If you haven't activated the aircraft, how does the .exe file get on your PC? Guess things get a little strange going from Russian to English.
    hi tarpsbird heres a repaint of alphasin's phantom pack F-4
    but air file gon no model

Thanks for the pic, Skyhag. Yeah... I should've picked up at least the older F-4 versions when they were still available from AlphaSim. IIRC they weren't that expensive.

Charter Member 2011
    Ehh I've seen a few topics wander off-topic, but this????
    You have to assume there's a small glitch in the software that transmogrified the last two posts...

I had the same problems, at first no chance to get the Yak-3 installed.

The solution is the "offline installation"
    select product - problem: download/installation
    If you know KB# enter it:
    Enter key 147 and follow description.

This way the installation worked for me perfectly.

Greetings
    Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Yep.... I purchased the fs9 Legendary C130 and the J expansion pack, not for me but because a friend who "flies" on my PC rrequested it - and I like Hercs. Ok, the base model installed fine and may I say it's rather good ...but... The J says with or without VC...turns out it shares the C130e VC...have I got this right? A J model with a 30 yr old cockpit? But I personally wouldnt know because I have no VC at all in the J... wtf... and nowhere to ask about it...hum, oh well, i guess the E is nice enough...and I wasted NZ$13 on the J
    Honest opinion? Nice enough models as long as you read the fine print but zero, zip nada customer support... Next $ I'll be spending is with Lionheart when "the jet" comes out. Why? Great models and great support. Dont need this....LPXO

Been through the Captain Sim nightmare myself. I bought several ac at the same time--C_-130 for fs9 and fsx, 707, 727, 757 for 9 and 10. Had to go to the Tennessee Attorney General's Office to get the matter straightened out. And the audacity of the CS legal staff was to say that sine they were not based in the US they were not bound by US laws. When the AGs office stated they were violating not only US law but RUSSIAN law, I finally got my products. The "Tennessean" newspaper even included Captain Sim in their DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH LIST in an article on internet trade...good luck...

Charter Member 2011
    Just for the lark...I went through the Paypal dispute process, escalating it ultimately to a claim.
    Their response, predictably:
    "We have completed our investigation of this case. No further action is required by you at this time. We have denied this claim. As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal’s Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to the shipment of goods, not to disputes about the attributes or quality of the goods received. We have noted your claim in the seller's record. The seller's account privileges will be limited if excessive complaints are received."
    I'm tempted to buy a dozen copies of the Captain Sim Yak and others that don't activate, just so I can make up the complaint numbers. :d:d:d
    It's disgusting behaviour on the part of this vendor.

Bad luck, keep plugging away at them something may happen.

I have the C130 on CD but I cannot get the update to install!

The J says with or without VC...turns out it shares the C130e VC...have I got this right? A J model with a 30 yr old cockpit?
    I remember someone asking CS if they were going to do a glass cockpit for the C130J in FS2004, the answer was a big NO it would take too long, not sure if the cockpit was updated for FSX though.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Westcott View Post
    Bad luck, keep plugging away at them something may happen.

I have the C130 on CD but I cannot get the update to install!

I remember someone asking CS if they were going to do a glass cockpit for the C130J in FS2004, the answer was a big NO it would take too long, not sure if the cockpit was updated for FSX though.
    It wasn't, you still have a choice of either classic steam gauges or the newer digital displays but no actual J cockpit.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

I was able to get the F-104 running right away when I bought it a couple years ago. When it went on sale the next day and I asked for a price adjustment (suggested applying it to another purchase) they said there was "nothing they could do". I can do something -- I tell everybody about it any chance I get.

In the meantime, has anyone purchased their new weather radar? Looks interesting.

Crashwoody1
    I had the same problems with the following air craft, Yak, 727,Mig, and finally the c-130. I got tired of dealing with these guys and so I just took the addons and loaded them onto my off line computer and took the following steps.
    I simply ripped the things apart and took out all the files that pertain to flight sim with out the registration hacks they put into their addons which by the way screw up your OS regy system...then I hexed the mdl and took out various redundent bull poop and recomplied the whole thing and stuck them into a winzip and everything is perfect now.

I dont know why they are so wierd over their addons, but its kinda stupid and redundent and just pisses every one off.
    I never buy anything from them any more.
    Crashwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Crashwoody1 View Post
    I had the same problems with the following air craft, Yak, 727,Mig, and finally the c-130. I got tired of dealing with these guys and so I just took the addons and loaded them onto my off line computer and took the following steps.
    I simply ripped the things apart and took out all the files that pertain to flight sim with out the registration hacks they put into their addons which by the way screw up your OS regy system...then I hexed the mdl and took out various redundent bull poop and recomplied the whole thing and stuck them into a winzip and everything is perfect now.

I dont know why they are so wierd over their addons, but its kinda stupid and redundent and just pisses every one off.
    I never buy anything from them any more.
    Crashwoody
    Seven years later and nothing's improved. Just got ripped off on the C-130. Lots of error code 11's, but no joy. They don't need developers. They're just taking peoples money for doing nothing. Only partial refunds available now too.

Same story here, for the Yak-3, three days ago.
    Installer didn't work. Offline activation neither.
    Customer support was clueless.
    I asked a refund, let's see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrado5834 View Post
    Same story here, for the Yak-3, three days ago.
    Installer didn't work. Offline activation neither.
    Customer support was clueless.
    I asked a refund, let's see what happens.
    You know, I tried to re-install my copy of the Yak-3, and the online activation did not work with my order number. I went to the knowledge base and what I found was pretty dis-heartening. It said that the CS-Yak-3 does not work with Win7, Win 8, Win 10 or otherwise because it was not designed to work with those platforms. So I opened a ticket. A day or so later I got a notification stating that my ticket had been cancelled because the "answer" was in the knowledge base. When I use the link provided by CS to browse the Knowledge Base it took me right back to the same line that the Yak-3 would not work on Win 7. I have the Legendary C-130 with additional packs, the Legendary F-104 and the CS MiG-21... ALL running just fine on my Win 7 PC. Obviously no one has told the folks at Captain Sim about "Compatibility Mode" for older software on Win 7. So I have a product that I paid for, that I cannot use. Just say'n.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    So I opened a ticket. A day or so later I got a notification stating that my ticket had been cancelled because the "answer" was in the knowledge base. When I use the link provided by CS to browse the Knowledge Base it took me right back to the same line that the Yak-3 would not work on Win 7.
    Exactly what happened to me, they kept forwarding me to that #°%&$£# KB.

Now I have win10/64 and FSX so I should be completely hopeless ...

How comes that I have downloaded tons of freeware FS9 models and installed no problem?
    How comes that I bought a number of FS9ers from other payware companies and installed no problem?

No-one is blinder than the one that doesn't want to see ...

I raised this issue on one of the other major FS forums. One of the frequent flyers there jumped on me and said I was slandering one of the great software providers and that I was not being tolerant of "cultural differences". I responded that in the culture where I live we have low tolerance for businesses who accept people's money and don't deliver the product...call me old-fashioned. I have since learned that Captain Sim does not give full refunds (none at all in my case) but rather retains a service fee that is deducted from the refund. I totally agree that if my complaint was the only one out there you could write me off as some kind of idiot, but.....you can tell from the above posts that these complaints amount to what you could call a "trend". Buyer beware!

Ironic that I should trip over this thread. About an hour ago, I decided to dig the Legendary 707 off my old pc and once I'd found the order number.. I ran the install routine. Win7 Ult (MSE/Defender) came up saying it'd found a threat and dealt with it (a Trojan) However.. the install was authorised (once I'd put in the correct number!!) and the model appears to work ok. Can't fathom out how to open the darned doors (shift+E tells me the doors are opening but they aren't) but otherwise.. it's a go-er. Was tempted to try the Legendary C130 too but I can't find the order number for that and am too frightened to ask Experiences on the CS forums over the years shows they can be brutal with the least provocation.

ATB
    DaveB

I would suggest getting in touch with the Better Business Bureau, but CS is somewhere in the EU. If there's anything like the BBB over there, that's where I'd start.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home