Kodiak Update; Build 2.3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodiak Update; Build 2.3

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Kodiak Update; Build 2.3

Hey all,

For those of you that are Kodiak drivers, there is a new update out. It mainly only covers two fields. One is spool up time on the turbine. The second is the repair of a flaw that occurred to all the rudders in all models. There was an edge that you could see through from certain angles. That has been repaired on all models, in FS9 and FSX.

So, stop by your local Quest dealership and download the newest updates.

Note; this update is very new, so PC Aviator may not have it yet.

Note2; Those of you that purchased the Quest Kodiak from PC Aviator may not have Build 2.2. One customer says he just purchased and recieved 2.1. This issue should be rectified by tomorrow, and it should be Build 2.3 when you reload it.

For those of you that purchased via PayPal, please fill out the 'Request Another Download' form and send it in and I'll get the links to you.

Payloadz; http://payloadz.com/d1/lookup.asp

Bill
    LHC
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Thanks for the update, Bill!
    Brent aka "dogknot"

2.3 update

Downloaded from Flight 1 and installed OK. Noted that the .cfg file still says 2.2. Is that OK?

SOH-CM-2014
    oops... nope. I'll change that right now. Thanks for the heads up.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Bill...how does the staff get it?
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by middle View Post
    cash works:ernae:
    LOL
    H

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by middle View Post
    Staff recieved a key and code. Just use that and redownload the newest Flight1 file at www.lionheartcreations.com/Kodiak

Blog Entries
    we did and thanks
    I just like giving Midd a hard time
    LOL
    H

Quote Originally Posted by jpmouse View Post
    Downloaded from Flight 1 and installed OK. Noted that the .cfg file still says 2.2. Is that OK?
    Got my 2.3 update via paypal and the cfg says it is 2.2 as well, but comparing 2.2 to 2.3 I see the changes that were made. Looks like just the version number at the beginning wasn't updated.

A couple of questions...noticed a couple of differences in the aircraft.cfg between the amphib and the wheeled version not related to height, weight , or pitch:

Float: spoiler_limit = 1
    Wheel: spoiler_limit = 90

Float: beta_feather = 88.5
    Wheel: beta_feather = 200 / was at 88.5

Are these correct? or should the amphib be changed to the same as the wheeled version?
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Cargo Missing

I've noted that with 2.3 the unloaded cargo textures no longer appear. At first I thought it was because I was using one of Bushpilot's repaints, but upon checking an original wheeled cargo version I found that they no longer appear. Anyone else experiencing this? Curious

SOH-CM-2014
    I've noted that with 2.3 the unloaded cargo textures no longer appear. At first I thought it was because I was using one of Bushpilot's repaints, but upon checking an original wheeled cargo version I found that they no longer appear. Anyone else experiencing this? Curious
    Hey JPM,

Make sure you have the cargo texture in the folders. File name: 'Kodiak_Cargo.BMP'. That must be in there or the objects will be gray.

My cargo is showing up fine, and its the model template that goes into the Installer software program.

Bill
    LHC

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dogknot View Post
    Got my 2.3 update via paypal and the cfg says it is 2.2 as well, but comparing 2.2 to 2.3 I see the changes that were made. Looks like just the version number at the beginning wasn't updated.
    Yep. A typo on the first few that went out. I quickly updated the changes and reuploaded them. They are 2.3's that you have. (Sorry about the confusion. So many things have to be rotated, reset, tripple checked. I hate it when something that important slips right past).

Quote Originally Posted by dogknot View Post
    A couple of questions...noticed a couple of differences in the aircraft.cfg between the amphib and the wheeled version not related to height, weight , or pitch:

Float: spoiler_limit = 1
    Wheel: spoiler_limit = 90

Float: beta_feather = 88.5
    Wheel: beta_feather = 200 / was at 88.5

Are these correct? or should the amphib be changed to the same as the wheeled version?
    These should have no bearing on performance, especially the Spoilers. Spoilers have zero drag assigned to them and only accessible through the spoiler key on the keyboard. I was playing around with a different version of slowing the Kodiak down (like the Epic LT has). But at the last, I decided not to use it. The setting remained, but has no bearing on the drag.

On the Beta Feather, I can see no difference in handling. If you want, change yours back to 88.5, but it seems fine as it is.

The major, important changes that really occurred are throttle fuel gain (for accellerated spool up times on the turbine) and the rudder mesh structure, which had a horrible gap between the side skin surfaces and the back panel of the inner vertical stabilizer (back facing panel).

I might still yet redo the 'decelleration' of the Kodiak. It should be more prominent when you are on approach and go to idle... Turboprops are said to be notorious for this and can act like an airbrake with their props.

Bill
    LHC

Hi Bill,

just to clarify...I finally purchased and downloaded over the Memorial Day Weekend via Paypal....that was still the "old" version 2 then right ???

Still busy with the Connies at this point so I had only done one short flight with the Quest....but it is stunningly good.
    I did notice the spool time but figured that might just be the way it is and had not even noticed the "glaring" model error on the rudder.

Thanks for a wonderful addition to my hangar.

Stefan

Bill

I go to http://payloadz.com/d1/lookup.asp

I enter my email address, name and auction ID and it tells me...

That email address is not in our system

So I tried the old email address I used with you and nope no go there either.

What should I do...

Tick Tick Tick

Clock Ticks as we compare Lionheart Creations Customer Support to Captain Sim....

Shameless Ain't I
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    Bill

I go to http://payloadz.com/d1/lookup.asp

I enter my email address, name and auction ID and it tells me...

Don't use the "Auction ID" box. You need your Invoice number which will be something like --Invoice ID: INV-xxxBxxxx

Auction ID
    This only pertains to products that were purchased via an online auction. You can obtain the auction id, or auction number, from the auction listing page.

Invoice
    This value can be obtained from the PayPal web site, or from your PayPal email receipt that you receive after payment. If you paid using Google Checkout, you can obtain the Invoice value in your receipt. To obtain the Invoice ID from the PayPal web site, log into your PayPal account with the email from above and find the transaction you are looking up. Once you find the transaction, click on the "Details" link to view the transaction details. On that page, you will see the Invoice ID field that contains the value to be entered in the lookup form.
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Thanks Dogknot

but still no joy

Still saying that email is not in our system.

Dave
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    Thanks Dogknot

but still no joy

Still saying that email is not in our system.

Dave
    Darn. Sorry that I was no help. I got the same thing until I got the correct invoice number in the right box.

Did you try logging in to paypal first, then do the request page? That might jog the paypal memory. ??
    Brent aka "dogknot"

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey Dave,

Sorry man. I was away from the computer for a few hours. arrghh.. Caught me off guard.

Send me your name and email address to william@lionheartcreations dot com and I will get the reload link to you ASAP.

Brent is right though. You only need your name or email address usually to get it. I have no idea what the auction things are for. The one single thing that never fails on looking up orders though is the purchase number or invoice number. That one single number always locates the person and email.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hey JPM,

Make sure you have the cargo texture in the folders. File name: 'Kodiak_Cargo.BMP'. That must be in there or the objects will be gray.

My cargo is showing up fine, and its the model template that goes into the Installer software program.

Bill
    LHC
    This is weird. I have the Kodiak_Cargo.bmp texture in the folders but the wingfold command does not unload it onto the tarmac as before

Henry, I think yer a great guy anyway!!!!!! Thanks Bill,,,,I just found my key info and am d-loading the update....great plane, thanks.
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Cerberus
    nice work Bill :ernae:

SOH-CM-2014
    This is weird. I have the Kodiak_Cargo.bmp texture in the folders but the wingfold command does not unload it onto the tarmac as before

This was discontinued and shouldnt have been in the release version. My oops.

Because of complexities with FSX, I couldnt get the FSX model to do the same thing that the FS2004 model was doing, so I 'thought' I had turned that off when I released the Kodiak. (This was to keep the FSX people from complaining that FS2004 options werent in the FSX version).

My apologies.

We'll see what the future update brings. :d

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    nice work Bill :ernae:

Thanks Jess,

Good to see you back in the SOH. Where've you been?

Bill

Cerberus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Thanks Jess,

Good to see you back in the SOH. Where've you been?

Bill
    I've been mostly lurking around here. I've been trying to scrape enough money together so that I can get engaged and then married, so I haven’t been in a position to buy or comment on payware releases, or the time to check out the various freeware and others things around here. I’ll try to start posting more while I am lurking lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    I've been mostly lurking around here. I've been trying to scrape enough money together so that I can get engaged and then married, so I haven’t been in a position to buy or comment on payware releases, or the time to check out the various freeware and others things around here. I’ll try to start posting more while I am lurking lol.
    Wait until you are married then you will be broke
    Good to see you around also
    H

Members who have read this thread: 0