Dino's F-14D Tomcat BETA WIP - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dino's F-14D Tomcat BETA WIP

is this thing released yet or is it just Beta testers only? looks cool btw
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by wilycoyote4 View Post
    freeware, native FSX, meant for FSX Acceleration ----since it is a carrier bird.
    MDLXMDLH
    Is this some kind of a sick joke?

That is awsome looking.
    Will this work without Acceleration?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJames170 View Post
    is this thing released yet or is it just Beta testers only? looks cool btw
    <!--Session data-->
    It is not released to the public, not yet, not as I write these words. Beta testers will start testing beta 2 soon, as far as I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

BananaBob
    I'm just doing paints and Wily is correct, this is just Beta 1 and Beta 2 will come along at a later time for more testing. :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Is this some kind of a sick joke?

That is awsome looking.
    Will this work without Acceleration?
    Yes, I think so, but Acceleration has moving carriers with catapaults and arresting wires for traps. The F-14D has 2 MFDs which are from Acceleration so you need Acceration for these MFDs. I think you can fly it without Acceleration.

Correct me if I'm wrong, of course. Hope this helps a little.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

it like the other aircraft from this person will not work with out Acceration hence my getting of it last night.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Acceleration VS SP2

Bob - I think you've started from the same picture I did :-) ! It is a very promising repaint anyway BTW don't get mad looking for the texture that creates the white rim below the windshield. Mapping for those polys is different in Beta 2. The only thing I would suggest is desaturating the fuselage color as it appears more blue than it should be in many digital pictures (due to camera filters).

As for SP2 compatibility - I'm not sure it works. MFDs and sound will not work for sure (as aliased from the Hornet - I know, I know I'm a blasphemer...). Still the flight model should be using accelleration only parameters for supersonic jets - hence may not load in SP2. But I've never tested it so I'm not sure.

Beta 2 is almost ready - but will not be distributed to the public. The official 1.0 public release should be two weeks from now, more or less... I can't wait to fly it from Javier Fernandez's new Nimitz...they are looking awesome!

This just keeps getting better and better, Dino. I thank you so much for your work!!

Go NAVAIR

Navy Chief

Thanks for the answers, not what I wanted to hear, but thanks anyways.

I guess I've waited long enough, time to go and get the Acc package.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    @Stickshaker

well, I do not think there is anything wrong in payware per se.... but freeware gives the developer much more freedom to develop whatever he/she wants at any quality level.

For example there are a lot of potentially interesting planes and sceneries that have little or no commercial value, or in any case they are so peculiar that will not appeal to many customers.

But, apart from that, in my case the thing is that I have a (relatively) well paid and (relatively) interesting job, and FSX is just an hobby between others. For incredible that it may sound, I do not think I need more money than what I get. So money is not a good reason to spend my spare time doing things I do not want. For example there is clearly a businness opportunity for a top-notch FSX native Phantom II - but it is a plane I do not like (Blasphemy! :-) ).
    words of a true artist, its not for the money its for the love of it

BananaBob
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Bob - I think you've started from the same picture I did :-) ! It is a very promising repaint anyway BTW don't get mad looking for the texture that creates the white rim below the windshield. Mapping for those polys is different in Beta 2. The only thing I would suggest is desaturating the fuselage color as it appears more blue than it should be in many digital pictures (due to camera filters).

As for SP2 compatibility - I'm not sure it works. MFDs and sound will not work for sure (as aliased from the Hornet - I know, I know I'm a blasphemer...). Still the flight model should be using accelleration only parameters for supersonic jets - hence may not load in SP2. But I've never tested it so I'm not sure.

Beta 2 is almost ready - but will not be distributed to the public. The official 1.0 public release should be two weeks from now, more or less... I can't wait to fly it from Javier Fernandez's new Nimitz...they are looking awesome!
    LOL, I was wondering about that (same photograph) and you're right, there is too much cyan in the photograph for FSX lighting, I toned down the saturation of cyan in the shot, this is probably closer to the color? Cheers.:ernae:

wow looks amaising the crew look a little big to me tho could just be me that tho!

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for your answer on the payware issue Dino. Whatever you decide will be a fair decision to me. I really like your T-45 and am looking forward to your Tomcat and F-35.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Retired SOH Administrator
    Dino, outstanding job...you have to excuse some of these old prop farts in here....they still stuck on the put-put stuff,,,can't wait for you to release her...Bob....that repaint is something...count me in for the downloads...Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

BananaBob
    Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    wow looks amaising the crew look a little big to me tho could just be me that tho!
    The pilots have been reduced in size, that was Beta 1, Dino is on Beta 2 now.:ernae:

Man...I have got to add this to my collection! Amazin!!
    I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
    Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
    And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
    The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

thakns for the info Bob

Gorgeous Cat Dino. Great paint too Bob.... for what you could do. to you both.

BTW Dino... if you need another tester for FSX/SP2/Acceleration I volunteer.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Members who have read this thread: 0