AlphaSim FSX Victor now available!

Thread: AlphaSim FSX Victor now available!

AlphaSim FSX Victor now available!

Full FSX conversion of the HP Victor now available ! The model package is now 100% compatible with FSX SP1/SP2/Acceleration and features self-shadowing with subtle bump mapping and reflectivity, as well as all-new detailed and weathered textures for the K.2 models, the later K.2 version now has the famous Gulf War desert scheme. The gauges are now all-xml, new radios/autopilot popups are accessible via simicons on the panel, gauges are back-lit, the 2D panel had been dropped. Pilot figures are now togglable and a new animated crew access ladder is inlcuded. Sounds are inlcuded and the smoke trail is now fully automatic. The new radios/AP and sounds are also included in the FS9 version now. Existing owners of the Victor just need to log in to their account area and they can download the new FSX version or the updated FS9 version. Pre- Jan '06 purchasers should send us an e-mail with either an order No. or the e-mail address used at the time of purchase, or street address. We will then forward a link to the Victor download area.
    www.alphasim.co.uk

Perhaps worth picking up if you've already got the FS9 version, although whether it warrants a new purchase I'm not sure. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen some better screenshots (as with the Canberra).

Interesting! I'll have to dig out my old order information. I did a paint of the B.1 in the green/grey scheme they used towards the end of their service as bombers for a few years ago, I'll have to find that as well.

A Victor B.2 with the Blue Steel stand of bomb had been even better, but I guess that is to much to ask. Most people know the second generation Victor as just a tanker aircraft, but it was actually an important part of the British nuclear deterrent force as well. Not to mention it could carry a considerably heavier conventional bomb load compared to the more famous Vulcan.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

The update is free for existing, er, "owners". These pics are FSX Accelleration. I enjoy flying this thing just because it's so odd. I had ported the FS9 version over quite some time ago, but none of the guages worked and it was an FPS hog. This model works wayyy better.

There is just one thing that sorta bugs me about the update. The guages float. They don't actually contact the panel surface, so when you move your head around you can see a healthy gap between the guages and the panel. You can see a static guage mask behind the new guages.

I've sent Phil my original order info so hopefully I'll be flying this before too long.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

mmm, going in!!

I have the Javelin update, grabbing the Canberra just now, musta missed it. Have I missed any others?

Thanks Alphasim.

please disregard.

I checked and also noticed the other thread

Members who have read this thread: 5