YF-23 Black Widow is coming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YF-23 Black Widow is coming

The YF-23 is one of the COOLEST looking birds EVER!!! I was so sad when the YF-22 won.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

JSpal
    I have high hopes for this one! The model looks great.

I also love the economic relief pricing. I will definitely be picking this up when it comes out.

Blog Entries
    I plan on contributing to the cause. Looking forward to seeing it.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

VFR Reviews
    Absolutely AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL View Post
    Black is beautiful...
    Black is a hard texture to do, but that looks to be about the best rendition of a black aircraft I've seen. Very cool.
    Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem Quad @ 4.2GHz
    EVGA GTX260 216 710/2500MHz
    OCZ Platinum CL7 6GB
    EVGA Intel X58

Please tell me there will be a repaint kit, there are lots of fictional schemes I'd love to do for the YF-23.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Thats already done and will be released with the aircraft

I didn't see a release date...hopefully s++n

Thats already done and will be released with the aircraft
    :ernae:
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Retired SOH Administrator
    Yeah buddy, now thats my kind of jet, count me in when she is released.....BTW, where my beta copy, I'll test her free
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Hello Chuck,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    In the screenshots on your website the HUD looks good, with a working flight path marker. My question is: Will the HUD be stabilized like that of the Aerosoft F-16, in the sense that the symbology stays in the correct position relative to the outside world even if you move your head slightly?<o></o>
    And I cannot help asking…… do you consider using the knowledge you gained with this plane to one day develop her competitor as well: the F-22 Raptor?<o></o>
    I am very much looking forward to meeting this widow, and have dug up the material I have about her to re-read it.

It’s probable , i have been passing the knowhow on to aircraft producers to have the reticules and HUD's do that , the FW190 from Mathias and Ronnie at Razbam recently received the Maxfiles and instructions in their use.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

My own plans were to go one step further and have the Horizon Indicator stay fixed on the horizon , for no other reason than it hasn’t been done yet (afaik) .
    I had been troubleshooting a couple of upcoming releases during a visit to my place this week by another Montreal FS production house and within an hour i had solved a couple of long standing questions and so had some free time to look over the YF-23 and its systems, click on some keypad buttons and admire the flexible mesh animations on the rubber bits when he mentioned that the HUD didn’t follow the horizon , and that nobody has done that yet ... there is nothing more attractive than doing it first .. <o></o>
    <o></o>

Regarding the F-22 , Colin mentioned that it has been started and that’s my favourite production fighter so with any luck at all i will get the chance to complete that one as well , but there are a rather large number of aircraft in the hanger to be done first , and not all of them military.<o></o>

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Hello Chuck,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    Thanks, this sounds very encouraging! By the way, VRS have a splendid stabilized HUD for their FS2004 F/A-18E Super Hornet also. Might be useful to know (if you did not already).<o></o>

I installed the stabilized HUD this evening , you were the second person to ask about that today and third this week so i figured i better get it done .

BananaBob
    After studying the lines of this bird, I wish they would have chosen it too, looks just wicked!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>

Regarding the F-22 , Colin mentioned that it has been started and that’s my favourite production fighter so with any luck at all i will get the chance to complete that one as well , but there are a rather large number of aircraft in the hanger to be done first , and not all of them military.<o></o>
    These cutting edge planes represent some awesome technology, and I'm chomping at the bit to acquire and fly the models...nice work! However, for nostalgia and a change of pace, howza'bout a Century series fighter, like say, the F-100 Super Sabre.

regards

You mean one of these?

this is a very, very early start.. and we don`t usually post these quite so early but... here ya go...

kc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    You mean one of these?

this is a very, very early start.. and we don`t usually post these quite so early but... here ya go...

kc.
    OMGosh, I would love to own a F-100.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

You mean one of these?

kc.
    Ahhh, just look at that inlet.

Jeez guys.... it was only started a week ago...

kc.

Blog Entries
    Jeez guys.... it was only started a week ago...

kc.
    Ok, we will give you to the end of June. :mixedsmi:
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Ok, we will give you to the end of June. :mixedsmi:
    Hahaha!

Members who have read this thread: 0