New DHC-5 Buffalo at Premier

Thread: New DHC-5 Buffalo at Premier

New DHC-5 Buffalo at Premier

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Ah been waiting for this. Another SAR bird for my hanger. Thank you the HU.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Is this there first true FSX bird????

Man I sure hope so!

Edit: groan, I don't see any shadows

BananaBob
    Bummer, I only see one model file in there? So it's ported?

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    Bummer, I only see one model file in there? So it's ported?
    Bummer!

How can it be FSX only when using the FS9 makemdl? :isadizzy:

Just tried this in FSX with Accel and had clouds in front of props, missing fuselage (inner) in VC, missing fuselage (inner) when looking in the rear doors in external view, gauges on co-pilot side in VC set 3-4" back from the panel fascia when viewed from the pilot's seat.

Needless to say it is no longer installed. :isadizzy:
    Larry

I talked to those guys and asked if they were going to move to true FSX models. They said they're retirees doing it as a hobby, and the expense and learning curve of switching to FSX tools was prohibitive. Basically, they said if the interest in FS9 SDK models dwindled, they'd stop building planes, rather than update.

Which is just fine, and I don't begrudge them that as well. However, it'd be nice if they'd label the planes as "FS9 adapted for FSX compatibility."

tigisfat
    We should consider ourselves blessed in the sense that we have such high fidelity and quality aircraft out these days. It allows our standards to be set pretty friggin' high when it comes to what we expect from useable FSX aircraft. I would've killed for an aircraft of this quality only a few short years ago, but now all I can think of is that's it's another aircraft that would only increase the amount of time it takes to load my aircraft select thumbnails. That, and it wouldn't look good next to my newer Alphasim, Aerosoft and CLS products.

Still,
    I applaud these men for their effort, and I'm thankful that they made this aircraft available.

As a FSX user Classification dont matter to me. This a rare AC and a fine one. My saying on the subject of pure is easy the eye is the beholder. Ive always been a fan of premier aircraft and always will be. Thank you for all the Hard modeling work Premier and adding many hours of enjoyment to my hanger with many more for the future.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

I agree entirely with Denny's comments. As I now fly exclusively in FsX Dx10.1 minor errors in the visual models in Dx9c are usually acceptable once the prop alphas have been darkened but in Dx10.1 textures may not show at all, untextured parts show blue, alphas for shininess increase transparency in Dx10.1 and many Fs9 models have now been removed for my FsX install.
    Manuele's Ansaldo shows all textures perfectly in Dx10.1 and that is an Fs9 model so it can be done.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Ok ive been flyin this buffalo and found a error that was mentioned reguarding the VC and textures. Heres a unoffical fix. Go to the Fs9 thread Sticky titled the same and dl the Fs9 Version. Do a simple texture swap and bingo no more missing textures. I'll have to make a note to Premier on the issue and see if we can get a patch.

MCDesigns
    I'm with Denny also, and don't begrudge them their hobby, just wish they would relabel their models so new users don't get confused or the wrong idea.

Very cool! I know many people have been waiting for a Buffalo for a long time!

I'll put this to work right away!

Many thanks to the Premaircraft guys!

:ernae:

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    We should consider ourselves blessed in the sense that we have such high fidelity and quality aircraft out these days. It allows our standards to be set pretty friggin' high when it comes to what we expect from useable FSX aircraft. I would've killed for an aircraft of this quality only a few short years ago, but now all I can think of is that's it's another aircraft that would only increase the amount of time it takes to load my aircraft select thumbnails. That, and it wouldn't look good next to my newer Alphasim, Aerosoft and CLS products.

Still,
    I applaud these men for their effort, and I'm thankful that they made this aircraft available.
    I completely agree

Videre Vincere Est
    Thanks for the HU:ernae:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Yep, the guys over at Premier are awesome at what they do, and when I had FS9 I had all of their aircrafts with lots of hours in each of them. If I ever had a problem, they were more than helpful even if the problem really wasn’t with the plane, rather my setup.

I really wish that they would start doing true FSX aircrafts. I can see the products now in my head and I’m drooling.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Very nice work. as I would like to do the same ! Regards Anna
    Wer fremde Sprache nicht kennt, weiß nichts von seiner eigenen .