Harry R.I.P.

Thread: Harry R.I.P.

Harry R.I.P.

Hi all,
    Just to let you know our greyhound Harry lost his fight with bone cancer this morning. His passing has left a huge hole in my wife and I's life.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha13 View Post
    Hi all,
    Just to let you know our greyhound Harry lost his fight with bone cancer this morning. His passing has left a huge hole in my wife and I's life.

Buddha13
    I am sorry for you and your wife. While I am not a pet person, I do understand how pets are a lot like children. So, from that POV I can empathize with you.

Your loss is real and painful. You have my condolences.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Sorry to hear that Buddha. My condolences too.... I've lost a few family pets and it's not easy to take.

We have a female Peek-a poo that's not in too good of shape right now. If she gets worse this summer we'll have to put her down. And she's like a piece of me..... grew up in my arms as a puppy and has to be touching me day and night if she can.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Buddha, I am so deeply sorry to hear that news. I know the emptiness that comes with losing a beloved dog. I know that you did everything you could to give Harry the best life in the time he was with you.

Harry, quick and tireless of feet,
    May you, the loving Goddess greet,
    As you reach the other side.
    And upon legs of light may you ride,
    across the sky so vast and blue,
    never was a dog so honest and true.
    You filled a place in your master's heart,
    yet your time came to depart.
    Now, run, Harry, run,
    and catch the morning sun.

OBIO

Very sad news Buddha, I can only say he had a great home and was much loved, something too many dogs miss out on.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Very sad news Buddha, I can only say he had a great home and was much loved, something too many dogs miss out on.

that's true

my condolences. funny how there are some people in my life i could lose and not sweat it too much. but a good dog breaks my heart.

Sorry to hear that. Like a lot of people here, I know how hard it can hit you. My condolences.

Mike

Hi all,
    Thanks guys.This has hit my wife and I really bad.He was only 7 and we were looking forward to many years with him.
    We only got him from the rescue society last September.He had had an awful life before we got him.He had spent the last 3 years of his life before we got him locked in a 12ftx8ft shed with another greyhound.We had managed to get him looking just right,built up his muscles and his coat was now the most lustrous black.He was a truly loving and affectionate dog.He had become a greyhound in his prime only for this to happen.
    It was a very aggressive form of Osteo-sarcoma.From diagnosis to him dying was just 2 weeks.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I am sorry Buddha.

They are like our children.

May you all endure this trajic time and may he rest in peace and play and run on the other side.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Unhappy

Buddha;
    I am extremely sorry for the loss of Harry, it never gets easy losing a pet, they become part of your family, you get so use to them being around, then, one day, their gone. By the sounds of it, any the way you describe his past living conditions, he must have been used in greyhound racing, which in my books in animal cruelty. The people who breed these dogs for this purpose, and anyone involved in this activity should burn in . I know Harry appreciated what you did for him, and I'm sure he misses you as much as you miss him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i met 2 of them at a pet rescue yesterday, and they were really cool. the 10 week old pup was as big as my 9 month old beagle/bassett

Retired SOH Administrator
    Sorry to hear you lost your best friend like that. My thought are with you and your wife.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Deepest sympathy, they certainly do make a huge impact on our lives! Very hard road to walk...
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

I am so sorry for your loss!

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak

And pain should keep me from my sleep,
    Then will you do what must be done,
    For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
    You will be sad I understand,
    But don't let grief then stay your hand,
    For on this day, more than the rest,
    Your love and friendship must stand the test.
    We have had so many happy years,
    You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
    When the time comes, please, let me go.
    Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
    Only, stay with me till the end
    And hold me firm and speak to me
    Until my eyes no longer see.
    I know in time you will agree
    It is a kindness you do to me.
    Although my tail its last has waved,
    From pain and suffering I have been saved.
    Don't grieve that it must be you
    Who has to decide this thing to do;
    We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
    Don't let your heart hold any tears.

-- Unknown

SOH-CM-2023
    My condolences. I too have lost a few of my four legged fur kids over the years. Three last year (All lost due to old age). Also since I had to move, I had to put two more up for adoption this winter. At one time I had peak of ten Dogs, (Mostly German Shepherds and mixes) and now only have three.

Carry on. Rescue Greyhounds are just plain cool dogs, the 40 mph couch potato.

Brian
    You can't take the sky from me...

I hate losing pets....my wife and I don't have children, so our furred and finned critters are our children. And losing one of them hurts deeply. Yesterday, we lost one of our fish...Mr. Mean. Mr. Mean was a Convict Cichlid and Texas Cichlid hybrid...basically a fish mutt. I got him nearly 3 years ago from a buddy's fish shop. Mr. Mean's original owner, who had raised him from a itty bitty little baby fish, got tired of Mr. Mean killing all the fish in his tank, all big nasty nean fish..but none as nasty and mean as Mr. Mean. He was 7 inches of pure aquatic terror. When we got back from the ER at 1 am yesterday morning (nothing major, Deb has a nasty eye infection...being treated and responding well) I did my usual rounds checking on all the critters and found Mr. Mean lifeless on the bottom of his tank. The heater in his tank had basically exploded and he was apparently electrocuted.

Losing a fish is not like losing a cat or dog...animals that you can pet, snuggle, play with, share food and couch and car rides with. But it still hurts looking at his tank and seeing it empty.

If anyone is interested in seeing a video of Mr. Mean in action, check out this link:

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=GEDC0254.flv

OBIO

I am so, so sorry Buddha. Losing any pet is so hard. My wife and I love ALL of our cats, and our Rottweiler, "Chief". Chief is my buddy. I dread the day when he is gone. My thoughts are with you, Buddha.

NC